Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

3 hours ago, mrw80 said:

Maybe they've been mentioned in this thread somewhere, and I know they just announced their own tour, but for obvious reasons wouldn't Hollywood Vampires have been a great opener?

For obvious reasons (Sorum not being invited back into the band) it could also potentially be very awkward.

But then again, who knows what is going on in the background (or even the front ground) of the GNR world?

On 4/8/2016 at 6:00 AM, thunder120 said:

oh, and Pearl Jam has a big gap between mid May and early August

:lol: Pearl Jam is not fucking opening for Guns N Roses. In what world in 2016 is Pearl Jam opening for GnR? Only on a GnR forum would such a ridiculous idea be thrown out. 

Volbeat would be cool. 

• Like 2

I think (think) most cities have a midnightish curfew.   Being this isn't 1992 Axl they aren't likely to violate that, pay the fine, pay the union stage hands OT etc....    So- they need to be on stage by 9 or 9:30 latest.   What do our tickets say for showtime?   I'm doing Chicago but don't remember the listed time.  If it's 8, then maybe an opener til 9, and Guns at 9:30.  If ticket says 9 or 9:30, then no opener.  

43 minutes ago, Bono said:

:lol: Pearl Jam is not fucking opening for Guns N Roses. In what world in 2016 is Pearl Jam opening for GnR? Only on a GnR forum would such a ridiculous idea be thrown out. 

Volbeat would be cool. 

True, although Eddie Vedder sort of opened for them once in 2012. 

Rachel Bolan and Dave Sabo would rather play with a replacement singer at Bob's bar and grill in front of 20 people.........rather than get Baz back,  and tear the joint down with Guns N Roses.

Bolan is an idiot.  Sure Baz is a cocky dude and they have had problems, but get over it.  Axl and Slash finally did.

My vote for and opening band is Faith No More.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Rachel Bolan and Dave Sabo would rather play with a replacement singer at Bob's bar and grill in front of 20 people.........rather than get Baz back,  and tear the joint down with Guns N Roses.

Bolan is an idiot.  Sure Baz is a cocky dude and they have had problems, but get over it.  Axl and Slash finally did.

My vote for and opening band is Faith No More.

Those dudes are total idiots. They sabotaged their entire careers, and continue to do so. I bet I could hire them to play in my backyard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Archer said:

The Pidgeons of Shit Metal.

J/K.

Seriously though, A7X. Those guys are great and they are fans of Guns.

A7X would be nice but i doubt itll be a big name... shows already sold out so why dish out more money than you have to ? imo itll be some no name local band... they might throw baz up there for a few solo songs tho to get the crowd pumped since he'll more than likely be there anyways

58 minutes ago, spliff said:

can't believe so many people are suggesting these hacks

Do you want to say that it sounds like Metallica or that it's a bad song? If you want to say first thing, they wanted to make a song as some kind of a tribute to Metallica. If you want to say that it's a bad song. It's not.