07/31/16 - New Orleans Mercedes Benz Superdome

downzy

11 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Uhm...the changes you are talking about happened during different legs of the Illusions tour....and the legs were 6 months apart, sometimes more.

This is still the first leg of the NITLT Tour. They have made more changes to this setlist than the first leg of the Illusions tour and it's not even close.

People need to check the facts instead of non stop complaining.

First off, I'm not complaining. Just responding. So heed your own advice and "stop complaining" about those that you think are complaining but are in fact "correcting".

Secondly, heed your own advice with regard to "fact checking".

During the 1st leg of the UYI tour (after the RIO and warmup shows), they varied the opening song multiple times just within the 1st month (MAY and early JUNE). It varied between Pretty Tied Up, Right Next Door to Hell, and Perfect Crime. Even after that, they sometimes opened with WTTJ, It's So Easy or Nightrain. They even opened with YCBM once. On this current tour, they've not altered the opener one time.

Furthermore, the order of the setlist contained variations. They didn't play the same order every single night. They might do so for a couple of shows in a row, but then the order would deviate slightly a few shows later -- including the addition or removal of a song. For example, 14 Years and You Ain't the First was played at some shows but not others -- all within the 1st 2 months of the leg. Estranged was once played early in the set rather than later. Also, WTTJ was played as the closer rather than PC at an early JUNE show. Those kinds of things aren't happening now. Lastly, songs like Locomotive and Move to the City were played once or twice all within the early stages of the tour.

Go compare setlists from the 1st 2-4 months of the tour. There was a lot more deviation than what we're seeing now. Again, not a complaint but a correction to what you guys are purporting as fact.

• Like 1

My friends, who were two seats over from my girlfriend and i's position were told to sit down during This I Love by some guy and what looked to be his wife. The guy was wearing a fedora and had a selfie stick. When it got quiet i looked over at my friends and screamed "i wish you could stand up to see this greatness" and then looked at the couple. Lets just say they looked like they would be happy to pay for my funeral.

LOL, very funny. Thanks for that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thunderram said:

First off, I'm not complaining. Just responding. So heed your own advice and "stop complaining" about those that you think are complaining but are in fact "correcting".

You're not allowed to have anything but positive comments about the band here or people will cry.  

There is absolutely nothing wrong with critiquing a band and discussing things like setlists. Setlists are a hot topic for any group of fans on any message board.  The band's setlist is stale right now it is what it is.  The shows are still great but the setlist is stale. 

• Like 4

This will never be "stale". Ever. I started to post this on the Atlanta thread because that's where it was shot, but I just wanted to share my perspective of this show as well as the Nashville show with Adler. Same bat time same bat spot but definitely not same bat opener. #fuckchrisstaplegun #normanreeduslikesthecultbetter

Edited by ChefRobertDammit

2 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

I guess everyone is spending an extra day in NOLA (Del and Kat have posted a few things from today as well)

"This just in, Guns N Roses bassist Duff McKagen was attacked by an alligator putting the 'Not In This Lifetime' tour on hold."

2 weeks later

"In a fax, not discovered by MTV for 2 weeks because it's a fax, singer Axl Rose has reported that Slash is out of the band. Rose blames Slash for the alligator attack." 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Tyson said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is the best Civil War of the tour so far?

it definitely was pretty bad ass. Fortus still annoys me at the beginning and first during verse. Dude is always too loud during that part and I don't care for his added harmonics. Other that that one thing it is was cool. Tons of energy.

On August 1, 2016 at 3:50 AM, scooby845 said:

what is this pic exactly...the items i mean

The other is the merch bag and the poster with all the tour dates. 

I read in another post about drunks. I was in section c row 2 and had a girl behind us vomit 3 different times BF guns even went on stage. I can't imagine spending the money for VIP and leaving the show. I do think that played a part in the crowd being reserved. 

On 8/1/2016 at 9:26 AM, Towelie said:

Interesting to hear your thoughts. I wish I was as enthused as you were, I think for me, I'm just tired of no new shit at this stage. Yes it's great to see Axl front a band that he seems to be invested in and proud of (something I didn't feel from 11-14), yes it's nice to have Slash and Duff back and yes, Coma is pretty fucking rad. I'm also pleased (and relieved) that Axl hasn't abandoned the CD material. This time last year any hope for CD2 seemed dead in the water, but now... well, the dream is alive I guess.

But I used to check each new show thread religiously, but these days I find it hard to as enthused by it all. I think for me, I won't be able to feel truly invested in the new lineup until they do new music together. At this stage it doesn't even have to be an album, just a couple of songs or something, just to show me that GNR are not just a travelling greatest hits act. It is fun to see Slash on the CD songs and I was floored when he did Sorry. But that's not enough to really get my blood pumping. It's been too many years of performing the same songs (albeit with different lineups) for me to think "man, wouldn't it be awesome if they did this song tonight." I miss that feeling. If that makes me one of the setlist whingers then so be it.

yeah, it does make you a setlist whiner.....they've been playing together for what, 2 months combined and your crying for new music and about setlists after maybe 15 shows? Go ahead, be a miserable crybaby

On August 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM, ChrisMaciel said:

The best civil war, so far, is from Foxboro's show on 19th July.

Atlanta has been the best so far in my opinion. Let's shift to another song. Coma. Here are two vids I shot from the same spot in the pit in Nashville and Atlanta. 

and here's the one I shot in Nashville although in my excitement I missed the beginning 

thoughts?

I want to say this is the most improved song of the tour. I actually love it when they play it now. Melissa's vocals are perfect, the last 45 seconds with Slash just nailing every note adds intensity to the ending and the whole thing sounds so much better. 

It fits in so well between 3 classic AFD songs, so that's not easy to do, but it's held its own this tour 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmapelian said:

yeah, it does make you a setlist whiner.....they've been playing together for what, 2 months combined and your crying for new music and about setlists after maybe 15 shows? Go ahead, be a miserable crybaby

This lineup may have been playing for only 2 months, but Axl Rose has been performing the same setlist for 15 years now.

Edited by Towelie