"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

This song sounds really poppy and not very GnR like....yet it still kicks ass all over the place. 2nd best out of all the leaks....

Better is the closest to the style of old GnR with the harsher vocals/tempo changes and searing guitarwork and guess what? It's also the best of the leaks....

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I F'in love the beginnin og CITR, I mean Axl's voice just barely coming in and out, it is soo fucking cool. I recently found a website that lets you listen to it whenever, so i have been listen to it everyday, the keyboard, electrnoic bart is kinda weird though, but the beginning is the best intro i have heard since sweet child o Mine, im being seious, and if you dont like that Suck On Guns N' Fucking Roses,,, Peace Out

:anger: STRYDER :anger:

Everyone is analyzing these songs way toooooooo much!!!

They are what they are. All very good songs.

If you want to hear the same songs on every album they release, go buy Creed’s CD catalog.

I heard clean (full) studio versions of IRS, Better, and Catcher In The Rye, as well as the not so clean version of TWAT, and they are all awesome. They hold up to anything GNR has recorded to date.

What were you expecting? Welcome to the Jungle II, or December Rain…

Enjoy…

This song is fucking horrible. It sounds like something Bon Jovi would record - na na naaaa crap. If it gets released to radio I expect to hear it being belted out on American Idol right after. Hands down the worst song that may be prized with the GNR name.

This fucking song. I was like "what the hell is this?" the first few times, but now I can't get it out of my head. I want to listen to it over and over again. Any song that I like right away is just a flash in the pan, but the ones that are an aquired taste are usually the great ones that have real staying power.

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me. This song is simply amazing, I cant stop listening to it.

I heard this on Axl's MySpace site. It's perfect. They perfect single. I love the lyrics. If you name a song after a book and one that is so famous the song better be good. Luckily it's genius. They best GNR song ever in my opinion. And I dont like NovR or Estranged that much.

When all is said and done

were not the only ones

who look at life this way

that's what the old folks say

but every time I see them

I want to get a gun

If I thought I was crazy

I guess I'd have more fun

Guess I'd have more fun

are those the lyrics it's what i rememeber.

excuse me if i'm behind but I thought the blues demo is out not just live versions, I don't have it, i've only heard TWAT and IRS but last thursday or friday K-Rock here in Edmonton played 3 demos, TWAT which they played before I turned on then top of the hour IRS then next hour The Blues which I heard and while it was obviously a demo it blew all the live versions away

oooh another edmonton member... K-Rock? hmmm i never listen to that station anymore... maybe i should mor often.

Guest RonMexico82

I dunno bout this one its ...weird. Maybe I should listen to it more. By the way whats with all the criticism of IRS i think it rocks and would be a better single than CITR

I dunno bout this one its ...weird. Maybe I should listen to it more. By the way whats with all the criticism of IRS i think it rocks and would be a better single than CITR

CATCHER..........................IN....................................THE......

...................RYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! HURRY!!!!!!!!HURRY!!!!!!!!!HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YRFDO3...JE2J5VD3PKIGUBJ

CATCHER..........................IN....................................THE......

...................RYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! HURRY!!!!!!!!HURRY!!!!!!!!!HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YRFDO3...JE2J5VD3PKIGUBJ

Did you ever hear of a Personal Message?

Goodbye.

Wait you deserve better than that.

Here is my tribute to LostInTheGarden in the art of song,

Na, Na, Na

Na, Na, Na

Hey, Hey, Hey

Goodbye!

-Edit-

I hope you read my tribute, since your now in the read only group....

Edited by Jackamo

i really didn't feel like reading 38 pages of stuff, so sorry if this has been mentioned already. but to me the song definately fades too quickly. May is just starting to rip it up again and if you listen close a "Na" gets cut off in mid-stream. this demo track is definately a little bit longer than what was given in the leak. it might only be another 10-20 seconds, but there is definately a little more to the demo than what we've heard.

When all is said and done

were not the only ones

who look at life this way

that's what the old folks say

but every time I see them

I want to get a gun

If I thought I was crazy

I guess I'd have more fun

Guess I'd have more fun

are those the lyrics it's what i rememeber.

You're right up until then. It's only a small difference but I thought I'd point it out;

But evertime I see them

makes me wish I had a gun

Catcher in the rye Reminds me of queen and pink floyd

anyone agree

I don´t. I think this is a very weak track and can not be compared with the skills of Queen or Pink Floyd. This is by far the weakest and worse of the leaked tracks and I personally hope that they rearrange it completely before they master it or that it just doesn´t make the album. The other leaks are so much better!

Catcher in the rye Reminds me of queen and pink floyd

anyone agree

I don´t. I think this is a very weak track and can not be compared with the skills of Queen or Pink Floyd. This is by far the weakest and worse of the leaked tracks and I personally hope that they rearrange it completely before they master it or that it just doesn´t make the album. The other leaks are so much better!

I'm hooked on CITR! Brian May's beautiful guitar solo especially :heart:rock4