Forum Restructure

highvoltage

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 alt account. No more. And then also as was said earlier in the thread, don't allow new posters to create topics. I would also limit their overall post count as well, something along the lines of what gamefaqs does, for the lulz:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/entry.html?cat=18

• (-4) Closed - Account closed by user. Closed accounts cannot be re-opened under any circumstances.
  • (-3) Blocked - Account blocked from message boards.
  • (-2) Banned - User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations.
  • (-1) Suspended - User's posting privileges have been suspended for one or more Terms of Service violations, pending review by an Administrator.
  • (1) Read-Only - Account can only be used to read messages on the boards.
  • (2) Locked - Account locked by an administrator to prevent abuse.
  • (3) Purgatory - Account suspended for a set period of time by an admin for numerous and/or severe TOS violations.
  • (4) Pending Review - Account activated, but pending review by an administrator before use
  • (5) Warned - User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours.
  • (6) Negative Karma - User has karma of less than zero. User can post a total of one message per day, and any further TOS violations are grounds for banning.
  • (10) Provisional (1) - New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 10 messages per day (3 per hour)
  • (11) Provisional (2) - New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 15 messages per day (5 per hour)
  • (12) Provisional (3) - New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 2 topics, 20 messages per day (10 per hour)
  • (13) Provisional (4) - New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 3 topics, 30 messages per day (15 per hour)
  • (14) Provisional (5) - New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 4 topics, 40 messages per day
  • (15) New User (1) - Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
  • (20) New User (2) - Awarded to users with at least 20 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now mark messages for moderation.
  • (25) New User (3) - Awarded to users with at least 40 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 100 messages per day. Can now view own posting history.
  • (30) Regular User - Awarded to users with at least 75 Karma. No level posting restrictions, can edit posts, use advanced options.
  • (31) Veteran - Awarded to users with at least 150 Karma.
  • (32) Legend - Awarded to users with at least 350 Karma.
  • (33) Elite - Awarded to users with at least 700 Karma.
  • (34) Icon - Awarded to users with at least 1000 Karma.
  • (35) Idol - Awarded to users with at least 1500 Karma.
  • (36) Ancient - Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma.

Other than that, any consolidation of similiar-themed sections will help. Degranularization. ; )

Can you make it so when you mouse over a link to a thread it gives a little window that gives a preview of the first post? That way if you are unsure what the topic is about you can jusst mouse over instead of actually navigating into the thread.

Chuck

Guest Broskirose

Can you make it so when you mouse over a link to a thread it gives a little window that gives a preview of the first post? That way if you are unsure what the topic is about you can jusst mouse over instead of actually navigating into the thread.

Chuck

That button is already there.

7490870854_9832eea4a9_b.jpg

Just so you know guys, the next focus for High and I is as follows:

-- Sending out a mass email highlighting some cool changes to the forum

-- Supporting new mods and News Reporters to the forum, helping/supporting/guiding them

-- Further development of our Twitter and Facebook sites

-- New forum skins/development for mygnrforum.com (NB- Additional funds invested by admins)

-- Forum upgrade to the top level available

There is also one other cool update/feature that we're working on that we can't confirm as of yet.

All should be complete by the end of August.

Thank you all for your support! :)

Just so you know guys, the next focus for High and I is as follows:

-- Sending out a mass email highlighting some cool changes to the forum

-- Supporting new mods and News Reporters to the forum, helping/supporting/guiding them

-- Further development of our Twitter and Facebook sites

-- New forum skins/development for mygnrforum.com (NB- Additional funds invested by admins)

There is also one other cool update/feature that we're working on that we can't confirm as of yet.

All should be complete by the end of August.

Thank you all for your support! :)

All ass kissing aside, it is very nice to have admins that keep us informed and are actually enthused about the site. I'm not trying to diss Eric, but towards the end it really seemed like he didn't care too much anymore.

Anyway, thank you Subs. Keep up the great work.

Sounds interesting. What's that mean specifically?

one for High':lol: **thinks to self, he'll go fucking mad for involving him and over-selling something connected to IT that I know nothing about**

one for High':lol: **thinks to self, he'll go fucking mad for involving him and over-selling something connected to IT that I know nothing about**

Not the top level or anything guys - just the latest version of the IP.Board software. We're currently running 3.1.4 but need to move to 3.3.3 (Invision are going to discontinue support for this version soon..!) - we need to get the skin upgraded first though, or we'll all be stuck with the default white/blue colours after the upgrade!

Not the top level or anything guys - just the latest version of the IP.Board software. We're currently running 3.1.4 but need to move to 3.3.3 (Invision are going to discontinue support for this version soon..!) - we need to get the skin upgraded first though, or we'll all be stuck with the default white/blue colours after the upgrade!

So we're getting go faster stripes?

So we're getting go faster stripes?

yes!B)

Oops, may have over-sold it?:tongue2:

Guest Broskirose

Invision needs to take a good look at their manage ignore users feature.

Agreed, it sucks.

It gives you the option to view the posts anyways and that just tempts you more to look at the posts if anything. I mean, if you have someone set on ignore why the fuck would you give the option to view the post? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

I love the fact that the Attitude section is basically the new D&N as far as where the interesting topics are. As an added bonus, all of the stupid Axl's nosehair threads are filtered out (in the main section that is really no longer the main section). Great job guys.

I love the fact that the Attitude section is basically the new D&N as far as where the interesting topics are. As an added bonus, all of the stupid Axl's nosehair threads are filtered out (in the main section that is really no longer the main section). Great job guys.

Thank you and honestly it means so much to the team here to hear positive and balanced feedback like that, as that's the reasoning behind it, two fold: Clean the main section up from 'disruptive posts/members' whilst allowing people a 'strong view' and not 'censoring' and honestly? I think we made a great decision here and it was worth the many, many messages and discussions behind the scenes to see it working so well (nb - I accept it's early days, no-ones getting carried away) but imagine how frustrating it was listening to feedback like "this forum has turned to shit, subs is allowing trolling and haters, the main section is just a mess, etc, etc' and all the time it was thinking "please guys just wait, we'll sort it" -- kinda be nice if some of those people who have us so much shit kinda said "fair enough, i now see what you were trying to do" but hey, maybe I'm being picky there? main thing is, if the large majority of members are happy, we're doing our job right so again, many thanks for the positive feedback -- makes it worthwhile! :)