GN'R starting rehearsals

he does his own thing without the band and then nails it onstage.

I think if it works for Axl he should stick with it.

:drevil:

How would they work on new songs together without the lead singer of the band there?

And what do you think the band would say if given the choice of having Axl there or not having Axl there to rehearse with them?

So if Axl doesn't show up and Richard and Dizzy are out of the country, who the hell is rehearsing and why if all of the band isn't there?

Groghan, I don't know, but that's how Axl always worked. I don't understand it either.

I know a lot of bands record separately, but I would think rehearsing together is important, but Axl never rehearsed with the original members either.

But they did work on the songs together. Don't know how it worked, but it did.

So if Axl doesn't show up and Richard and Dizzy are out of the country, who the hell is rehearsing and why if all of the band isn't there?

Only crew there at the mo, not the band. Rehearsals are scheduled for first week of March, Fortus and Dizzy's last show in Australia is 1st March, so I'm guessing 1st day of rehearsals will be the 3rd.

Groghan, I don't know, but that's how Axl always worked. I don't understand it either.

I know a lot of bands record separately, but I would think rehearsing together is important, but Axl never rehearsed with the original members either.

But they did work on the songs together. Don't know how it worked, but it did.

Didn't the old band rehearse together (as well as write together) for the first several years of their tenure as a band? It wasn't until the time of the Illusions that Axl started separating himself from everybody else. (I apologize if I'm wrong about that, but weren't these guys pretty tight knit group for the first 4-5 years?).

And it hasn't really worked for Axl, has it? Pretty much everybody on here agrees that the "first" show during a lot of the recent touring usually ends up being awful. RnR and the Young charity event come to mind. And that Axl gets better as the tour goes on.

It seems like a lack of respect thing to me. If Axl cared about his fans he would rehearse for a bit before starting a tour. So the people at the first show got just as quality of a performance as people at the last show.

Since I watched part of the Use Your Illusions dvds, everyone who knew Axl said he never rehearsed with the band. he would take his time in his backstage room and then take the stage.

Everyone said that's how Axl worked, so I'm thinking he still doing the same thing. he does his own thing without the band and then nails it onstage.

One of the guys on the dvd said Dean Martin never rehearsed with anyone either and he was one of the greatest performers ever. I mean the guy sang with Frank and you know if you screwed up with Frank, you'd never work again.

Nails it onstage? LOL

Maybe after 10 concerts....

This forum is awesome :lol:

I remember Axl saying at the house of blues show at New Years in 2001 that he got emotional at rehearsals the night before and it was the first time he's been a part of sound check, set list, and rehearsals in 15 years. He was afraid it might jinks the show also. I think he said it after patience.

It's a good thing rehearsals are in LA since that's where Axl lives...so hopefully he's a part of it. If not then it doesn't matter. He has his way of getting ready.

If axl showes up at the rehearsal it's a sign of new songs for upcomming tour or songs they didn't play for a long time ...look at 14 years last tour i heard he rehearsed that song also songs like the seeker and in the past coma(youtube) so it would be a good sign for something new or different this tour...

the rehearsals they might be doing is for sure without Axl.

for me,that doesn't count.

it's those guys(ashba etc)playing and maybe having some fun.

if Axl tweeted "hi all,me and the guys are just now rehearsing for the 2014 tour"it would b different.

but IMO this is more of no interest.

Some people are always upset.

GnR is the modern day Spinal Tap. It's very fuckin rock n roll to just walk on stage and go. Like Chuck Berry did, old school.

My only question is this: How does one compare GN'R to Spinal Tap and Chuck Berry in the same sentence?

• Like 1

Some people are always upset.

GnR is the modern day Spinal Tap. It's very fuckin rock n roll to just walk on stage and go. Like Chuck Berry did, old school.

Comparing Axl Rose to Chuck Berry?

HAHAHA.

MvR0wH9.png

I see a black willem dafoe in that picture

That would be Willem Dafroe, please.

• Like 2

he does his own thing without the band and then nails it onstage.

:drevil:

How would they work on new songs together without the lead singer of the band there?

And what do you think the band would say if given the choice of having Axl there or not having Axl there to rehearse with them?

Nails it on stage? Lol he absolutely sucked in 2013 when I saw him twice in Melbourne...