Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Other than Enzo wining the cw title no real surprises at No Mercy.  I called all the matches except that one. The one that pissed me off though was the Rollins/Ambrose vs "Cesaro/Shameus. That was absolute fucking horseshit that Ambrose kicked out of that. He gets DDT'd and then Rollins gets power bombed off the top rope onto him and then he kicks out? Fuck off. 

Cena passing the torch to Roman was so phony.

Reigns will have headlined 4 Wrestlemania's in a row and beat almost everyone/got endorsed by everyone when he beats Lesnar next year.

After that, Vince I guess will call in a favor/throw money at The Rock maybe to come back and job to Reigns the following year? What a mess.

If they didn't have the network or excessive TV license fees (which negate the lack of ratings/ticket sales), Reigns would be only just a shade above Kevin Nash's doomed push as "the guy".

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Cena passing the torch to Roman was so phony.

Reigns will have headlined 4 Wrestlemania's in a row and beat almost everyone/got endorsed by everyone when he beats Lesnar next year.

After that, Vince I guess will call in a favor/throw money at The Rock maybe to come back and job to Reigns the following year? What a mess.

If they didn't have the network or excessive TV license fees (which negate the lack of ratings/ticket sales), Reigns would be only just a shade above Kevin Nash's doomed push as "the guy".

2 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Kicked out of four AAs? Fuck that. 

Meltzer called it before Mania 31. He said the plan was for Roman to main event 31-34. 

BBBBBRRRRRAAAAAAUUUUUUN beats the shit out of Brock and loses to one F5?

I agree with both these posts. It's sad for Roman too. He's not that bad, but he keeps getting put in this silly position. Having people endorse him is pathetic. 

• Like 1

Apparently the Shield guys are inVINCEible. I mean for fuck sakes Roman kicked out of 4 AAs and Ambrose kicked out of one of the coolest and most devastating looking tag finishes I've seen in a  LONG time if not ever. It's fucking bullshit. Ambrose kicking out of that ruined the match. Even the guys I was watching with who were cheering for Ambrose & Rollins got pissed off. 

And yeah Braun losing to one F5 was fucking stupid. Brock should've had 2-3 minutes of heavy sustained offense and then hit him with back to back F5s . Not one fucking F5 after mounting almost zero offense the entire match

3 hours ago, username said:

I agree with both these posts. It's sad for Roman too. He's not that bad, but he keeps getting put in this silly position. Having people endorse him is pathetic. 

He's not just "not bad." He's really excellent. He and Cena both deserved better than the match last night. It was fine, and had the "big fight feel," but they're both so much better than that match. I'll be honest, I don't even really mind the storyline, but the booking of the match just didn't feel right. 

Overall I still enjoyed the show. Most of the matches delivered exactly what I expected and did so well. The Ambrose kickout was absolute horseshit, no doubt about it, but that match was still fine. Glad that feud is ending and the Shield are rumored to be heading for a reunion feud with the Miztourage to jumpstart Roman becoming a Grand Slam champ. The women did a good job of laying the groundwork for the next handful of storylines, Bray/Finn was as good as it was gonna be, and I didn't hate Enzo's win as long as they're turning him tweener/heel. If he's still a baby while low-blowing and stealing the belt....well that'll be garbage. I don't mind the Brock finish either. That's his schtick. "It only takes one." He holds the only protected finish in WWE right now. Is that mostly to make it matter when Roman kicks out of it at Mania? Fuck, probably. And that'll suck. But until then, it lets Brock make other people look strong for an entire match before winning and retaining the belt. Good for him, good for the title, good for the other guy, good for the company. I see the argument here that Braun suffered more from losing than Brock would've. But for what they're doing for that belt right now, I understand the need to have a long, dominant run on a bonafide champ. When Braun finally gets it, and he will, he needs to have it for a long time. So this is probably best for now. 

Edited by axlslash

7 minutes ago, axlslash said:

He's not just "not bad." He's really excellent. He and Cena both deserved better than the match last night. It was fine, and had the "big fight feel," but they're both so much better than that match. I'll be honest, I don't even really mind the storyline, but the booking of the match just didn't feel right. 

Overall I still enjoyed the show. Most of the matches delivered exactly what I expected and did so well. The Ambrose kickout was absolute horseshit, no doubt about it, but that match was still fine. Glad that feud is ending and the Shield are rumored to be heading for a reunion feud with the Miztourage to jumpstart Roman becoming a Grand Slam champ. The women did a good job of laying the groundwork for the next handful of storylines, Bray/Finn was as good as it was gonna be, and I didn't hate Enzo's win as long as they're turning him tweener/heel. If he's still a baby while low-blowing and stealing the belt....well that'll be garbage. I don't mind the Brock finish either. That's his schtick. "It only takes one." He holds the only protected finish in WWE right now. Is that mostly to make it matter when Roman kicks out of it at Mania? Fuck, probably. And that'll suck. But until then, it lets Brock make other people look strong for an entire match before winning and retaining the belt. Good for him, good for the title, good for the other guy, good for the company. I see the argument here that Braun suffered more from losing than Brock would've. But for what they're doing for that belt right now, I understand the need to have a long, dominant run on a bonafide champ. When Braun finally gets it, and he will, he needs to have it for a long time. So this is probably best for now. 

To be honest The Miz's Famouser and Amrbose's Dirty Deeds are pretty damn protected as well. 

I liked Brock winning I just think it should've taken two on Braun to get the pin. 

5 hours ago, username said:

More Cena-Roman endorsements on RAW. Doesn't anybody at WWE realize how pathetic this looks? 

Remember when they had Bryan Danielson who was the most naturally over baby face in the company put over Roman and tell him that he's much better. His last singles PPV match...

Remember when they managed to get the fucking Rock booed at the Rumble after he endorsed Reigns?

In any other era, Vince would have given up on Reigns within months. 

7 hours ago, axlslash said:

Crazy quick turnaround on this episode. 

Bullet Club are such marks for themselves it's become only obnoxious :lol:

This deserves a post, Enzo being murdered live after Raw by Braun and the entire cruiserweight division:

23 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Kicked out of four AAs? Fuck that. 

Meltzer called it before Mania 31. He said the plan was for Roman to main event 31-34. 

BBBBBRRRRRAAAAAAUUUUUUN beats the shit out of Brock and loses to one F5?

Didn't it take two spears for Reigns to beat Cena? One was through a table but does that count?

When was the last time somebody kicked out of an F5? I would have liked Braun to have been hit with at least three of them.

Looking back; this match was similar to Lesnar/Joe. Joe looked like he had a chance got hit with one F5 and that was it.

Maybe that's how they will build the inevitable Mania match. Heyman will say it only takes one F-5 only to have Reigns kick out of three or four of them.

17 hours ago, Bono said:

And yeah Braun losing to one F5 was fucking stupid.

Where does Braun go from here?

21 minutes ago, Gackt said:

This deserves a post, Enzo being murdered live after Raw by Braun and the entire cruiserweight division:

I enjoyed watching that but I felt awkward as I was watching it.

6 hours ago, username said:

More Cena-Roman endorsements on RAW. Doesn't anybody at WWE realize how pathetic this looks? 

If Cena wasn't away filming do you think we would have gotten a three match series between him and Reigns?

Having Reigns go over in their first singles match together to me seems rushed.

3 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Maybe that's how they will build the inevitable Mania match. Heyman will say it only takes one F-5 only to have Reigns kick out of three or four of them.

That was the point of No Mercy, protecting Reigns & Lesnar's finishers for Wrestlemania 34 so he can look really, really strong kicking out of an F5..lol

8 minutes ago, Gackt said:

That was the point of No Mercy, protecting Reigns & Lesnar's finishers for Wrestlemania 34 so he can look really, really strong kicking out of an F5..lol

I listened to a Meltzer thing on YouTube yesterday that said Braun was there to make Brock look good by only taking one F5.

When was the last time somebody kicked out of an F5?

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

So is Io Shirai completely off WWE's radar now? I thought they'd made her an offer.

They rescinded due to her injury if I remember correctly. 

7 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I listened to a Meltzer thing on YouTube yesterday that said Braun was there to make Brock look good by only taking one F5.

When was the last time somebody kicked out of an F5?

Dean kicked out of one in Dallas, didn't he? Thought he kicked out of a clean one then lost when Brock F5ed him on the pile of chairs. 

21 hours ago, moreblack said:

So is Io Shirai completely off WWE's radar now? I thought they'd made her an offer.

They didn't like the look of her history of injuries and rescinded the offer. She's been wrestling in Stardom's version of the G-1 in the mean time.

Supposedly she'd have taken the offer, despite the fact that she was making significantly more money working Stardom than WWE offered her. Really weird.

WWE probably want to see how well it works with Kari first though. Kari's situation with money was supposedly similar, however Kari wasn't the top star in Stardom... she has more to gain if WWE don't mess her around too badly.

Edited by AtariLegend

13 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

They didn't like the look for history of injuries and rescinded the offer. She's been wrestling in Stardom's version of the G-1 in the mean time.

Supposedly she'd have taken the offer, despite the fact that she was making significantly more money working Stardom than WWE offered her. Really weird.

WWE probably want to see how well it works with Kari first though. Kari's situation with money was supposedly similar, however Kari wasn't the top star in Stardom... she has more to gain if WWE don't mess her around too badly.

I was curious, I just saw her match with Pentagon Dark in Lucha(Kairi had one too), and she tore the house down. 

21 hours ago, username said:

Probably Reigns. Mania? 

WrestleMania 31? I'll have a look later. If their supposed WrestleMania 34 match is anything like their previous one it won't be too bad.

17 hours ago, axlslash said:

Dean kicked out of one in Dallas, didn't he? Thought he kicked out of a clean one then lost when Brock F5ed him on the pile of chairs. 

WrestleMania 32? Man, that match could have been better.

6 hours ago, moreblack said:

I was curious, I just saw her match with Pentagon Dark in Lucha(Kairi had one too), and she tore the house down. 

I really liked that episode. Black Lotus brought in 3 other members of the "Black Lotus Triad": Shirai, Hojo, and Mayu Iwatani. Penta worked all three of them in three successive matches. They didn't get to do as much as they could have, but it was cool to effectively see Stardom invade Lucha Underground.