07/27/16 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome

downzy

4 minutes ago, moreblack said:

As a show you see once in person, it's the exact opposite of a boring set list. It's got everything you'd wanna hear a GNR with Axl and Slash do that's not some obscure song only the hipsters know.

Agreed!  That's the thing, the vast majority of people at the shows are there to here the songs that are in the setlists each night.  The only thing I can see them being disappointed by is when Patience is not played because of DC or when DC isn't played because of Patience

I personally would love to hear obscurities and set changes, however we all have to keep in mind that this setlist is a wonderful collection of the GNR songs that have made the status of "legendary" to the rock world, plus a couple of deep cuts like Coma and DTJ for us hardcore Gunners to enjoy

All in all would more setlist variety be great? Fuck yeah!    However at least this setlist is a great one to have

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

Just now, WhazUp said:

That's the thing, the vast majority of people at the shows are there to here the songs that are in the setlists each night.  The only thing I can see them being disappointed by is when Patience is not played because of DC or when DC isn't played because of Patience

Right here. Saw them the second night in both Foxboro and East Rutherford and got DC both times, was hoping for Patience at least once but it's still the most amazing show you'll ever see live.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

That's the thing, the vast majority of people at the shows are there to here the songs that are in the setlists each night.  The only thing I can see them being disappointed by is when Patience is not played because of DC or when DC isn't played because of Patience

I personally would love to hear obscurities and set changes, however we all have to keep in mind that this setlist is a wonderful collection of the GNR songs that have made the status of "legendary" to the rock world, plus a couple of deep cuts like Coma and DTJ for us hardcore Gunners to enjoy

This Is true, yet for some reason there are complaints about the setlist for each and every show on this board. I think these people should save themselves the aggravation and stop listening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimeToDieee said:

Right here. Saw them the second night in both Foxboro and East Rutherford and got DC both times, was hoping for Patience at least once but it's still the most amazing show you'll ever see live.

Like you I did night 2 Foxboro and NJ, but also did night 1 NJ, where they luckily played patience

Just now, ironmt said:

This Is true, yet for some reason there are complaints about the setlist for each and every show on this board. I think these people should save themselves the aggravation and stop listening.

Playing The Seeker nightly while alternating DC and Patience is a very valid complaint but it means something to the band so I can't complain personally. 

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

Playing The Seeker nightly while alternating DC and Patience is a very valid complaint but it means something to the band so I can't complain personally. 

You can't honestly think that If they dropped the seeker and played both Patience and Don't Cry that It would stop the whining about the setlist do you?

14 minutes ago, Gem Archer said:

u2 played almost 60 different songs during the last tour so, it's not the best band to compare to...i agree that this is the first leg of the reunion tour but, changing one or two songs every night doesnt' hurt, specially when they do double dates.... i just don't want them to become kiss or motley crue in which every concert is exactly the same.

I'm talking about the 360 tour. Stadium shows means playing the hits and a limited setlist.

11 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Yes stop listening and stop looking at every tour thread cause the folks that are complaining are damn sure not at every show...give it a rest cause the same old complaints are tired.