Ticket Demand?

1 minute ago, thunder120 said:

these shows are selling out and their not even on sale to the public yet?

No, the pics you've seen of the US stadiums are what's available in the Nightrain pre-sale. It's a scattered selection of seats that was made available.

Then there's the citi pre-sale which has more available seats that's not visible in the screenshots posted.

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

This is left for the second night:

Skjermbilde%202016-04-05%20kl.%2019.55.5

Well OK- technically not a S.O. yet.  But for practical purposes it's sold out. 

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

No, the pics you've seen of the US stadiums are what's available in the Nightrain pre-sale. It's a scattered selection of seats that was made available.

Then there's the citi pre-sale which has more available seats that's not visible in the screenshots posted.

Correct.  The pre-sales (Citi,NT etc...) are only allotted a certain amount of tix.  The general on sale will have 90% of seats available...or more. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Original said:

Correct.  The pre-sales (Citi,NT etc...) are only allotted a certain amount of tix.  The general on sale will have 90% of seats available...or more. 

I was just about to say the same thing. They only allocate a certain # of tickets for each presale. Thats why more shows up if you put in 412800 for the Citi Presale.This is why I am hoping to be able to get a 2nd pit ticket. Right now I only have one and need 2. Then I must sell my other regular seats they won't let me exchange. They sure did allocate some decent but mostly shit seats to the nighttrain presale though

Edited by Tourettes2400

7 minutes ago, Original said:

Actually the citi pre-sale seemed to have a real good amount of seats available. I'm estimating that if all those sell, you are left with about 50% of the seats for the general sale.

Not familiar with the Citi-card though. Is this something that many people have in the US, and are eligible for the pre-sale?

Edited by Spirit

Just now, Tourettes2400 said:

I was just about to say the same thing. They only allocate a certain # of tickets for each presale. Thats why more shows up if you put in 412800 for the Citi Presale.This is why I am hoping to be able to get a 2nd pit ticket. Right now I only have one and need 2. Then I must sell my other regular seats they won't let me exchange.

You got a PIT for Chicago? How/when?   I need one.  I hate you!

6 minutes ago, Original said:

The pre-sales (Citi,NT etc...) are only allotted a certain amount of tix.  The general on sale will have 90% of seats available...or more. 

Where do you get your 90% figure?

Below is the current availability in the Citi presale for the Nashville show. All of the blue dots are tix that can be purchased right now, before the general onsale. That leaves a much lower percentage remaining than 90%.

hot_chicken.jpg

8 minutes ago, thunder120 said:

geez, hope I don't get shut out of the Metlife show in NJ

You won't - like the others have said, not all the sections are available for pre-sales. However, there are always so many presales run through Ticketmaster these days that between those and the instant StubHub sellers shows seem to "sell out" faster than ever before.

1 minute ago, Blackjacker said:

Below is the current availability in the Citi presale for the Nashville show. All of the blue dots are tix that can be purchased right now, before the general onsale. That leaves a much lower percentage remaining than 90%.

hot_chicken.jpg

Huh- I was just making a guess.   Guess I'm off.  Although these will end up in the general on sale on Friday. 

There is no blanket answer to this yet.  Also, there are just so many variables left to be determined.  Honestly, the 1st domino to fall are going to be the reviews from the shows this weekend.  If they are good and the word gets out it's gonna increase the demand.  Then you need to calculate in the specific location for each show. Obviously some regions have more money than others. Then finally, the weather for each show which is always like 50% in deciding where the final market will be.  In places like NYC the delta for the prospective prices is huge depending on how nice out it happens to be on 7/23.  If it's 85 degrees and sunny out, tickets are gonna be hard.  If it's shitty that whole week, a lot of casual fans will say 'fuck it' and dump their tickets for whatever they can get.

Overall, I give them like an A for how they handled this whole thing.  It's exactly how I would have done it.  1 suprize LA club show out of no where to build the intrigue and to play for the super diehards and VIP's that were able to get in, 2 nights over a weekend in Vegas to really get the word out and to play for masses for the 1st time back, and 1 stadium show per city during the summer for the whole spectrum from die hards to soccer mommies and daddies that want to pretend they are still cool for a night.

All in all, it won't be some super duper hard ticket to get (at least if we're just talking to get in somewhere), but there will be demand and I'll bet that all the shows in the major metropolitan areas all sell out.

Edited by Saltzy

I certainly hope they all sellout, just for the sake of being able to say GNR can still pull in the crowds. But my point was really this whole thing is based soley on playing to people's nostalgia. No new album, no press, no opener yet, no set lineup til last weekend, I love some of the things management did with keeping things a mystery and I love the museum idea if it travels, but there was a whole lot of banking on nostalgia to do a stadium tour based solely on that!

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I just hate Ticketmaster. If it is supposed to be the best seat available I shouldn't see better seats in my section when the damn seat map comes up.

What you're not considering is, when you bought those tix, there were many others online also searching for tix. The "better" seats you now see might have been tied up by others as they viewed them but eventually thrown back into the que for various reasons. Point is, the tix you got may have been the best available at the moment you searched for them.

If it is anything like the Stones ticket sales they only offer up the expensive tickets first to get people to panic buy.....I doubt they offer up every seat during the presales....I would be very surprised if any of these shows are close to sellouts at this point

How is it possible...you had Guns/Metallica at the absolute peak of their games in 1992 with more massive openers and those sold out fairly quickly. I don't see how a GNR tour these days (even though it's a reunion) can sell 70,000 tickets in every city at these prices. There are tickets all over the place in Toronto, got locked out this morning but went in 4 hours later and got row 13 centre on the floor. Looks to me like the $285 is a little much for people on no notice whoch makes complete sense. Eventually it should sell out, but I truly don't see any of these (save for maybe Chicago/New York) as anything close to instant sell outs.

27 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

If it is anything like the Stones ticket sales they only offer up the expensive tickets first to get people to panic buy.....I doubt they offer up every seat during the presales....I would be very surprised if any of these shows are close to sellouts at this point

They don't seem to offer every seat, but looking at the Nightrain and Citi pre-sale combined, there are seats available in nearly all sections. All price classes.

9 minutes ago, Spirit said:

They don't seem to offer every seat, but looking at the Nightrain and Citi pre-sale combined, there are seats available in nearly all sections. All price classes.

Might be different then the Stones then. Last tour they offered very few cheap seats in the presale while offering the more expensive seats first to try to lure in panic buyers to buy the big buck seats.

Maybe these shows are different but I would be surprised if all seats were offeredd from the get go........

Just now, illusionone said:

the demand does not seem to be there for Boston so far - I just bought 2 tickets from the original NT resale and I pretty much had a choice of what I wanted by price level.  I'm happy for that reason, but hope they sell out.

I think we'll see the real indicator of demand once the general sale starts.

I'm uncertain on how big the Nightrain fan community really is. Most casual fans are probably not a member.

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

This is left for the second night:

Skjermbilde%202016-04-05%20kl.%2019.55.5

Impressive that it is 100% sold out for the first night and about 98% sold out for the second night. I realize Mexico City metro area is over 20 million people, but still an impressive showing. I guess the thing we will never know is how many of those ticket purchases are by StubHub and other scalper type websites.

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Impressive that it is 100% sold out for the first night and about 98% sold out for the second night. I realize Mexico City metro area is over 20 million people, but still an impressive showing. I guess the thing we will never know is how many of those ticket purchases are by StubHub and other scalper type websites.

Some tickets went back on sale for the first night as well a week or so ago.

There's like 80 tickets left or something. So 99.99% sold-out. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I think we'll see the real indicator of demand once the general sale starts.

I'm uncertain on how big the Nightrain fan community really is. Most casual fans are probably not a member.

Very true! I still need 6 tickets so I'm hoping the demand picks up after i get them :-)

6 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

hot_chicken.jpg

Must be different in every venue. There were hardly a fraction of those for sale for the Foxboro presale..