Ticket Demand?

11 hours ago, Original said:

You got a PIT for Chicago? How/when?   I need one.  I hate you!

I did too with the Citi pre-sale:) In addition to two seats in the A section. I'm gonna try to sell the 2 pit tickets and make some $$$$...I hope demand is high.

Edited by born2boogie

I think  the main reason management booked stadium tour instead of arena is cause you gotta say ' it's a big comeback, Guns are headlining stadiums again'... that's what it is all about... It wouldn't appear so monumental in press if they decided to play arenas... And I think it's better this way... just look at Coldplay light shows enormous production..of course it's gonna attract mass of people even those who are not fans...

Another thought... wouldn't it be awesome if GnR decided to film a live concert film on the stadium that sells the most? It would be awesome to bring out Steven for AFD songs and Izzy... Imagine seeing 70000 - 80000 crowd erupting on the Jungle opening... sick that would be..

I've been on this forum for 12 years and I can't justify 280 for a pit ticket :(, let alone resale prices.

I'll be way up in the boonies. Kind of bums me out as a superfan.

I'm really curious what the stage production is going to be like. I mean, look at ACDC's massive walkway through the field..... and U2's 360 tour insanity. Stadium shows have a lot of real estate. 

29 minutes ago, Ant said:

I've been on this forum for 12 years and I can't justify 280 for a pit ticket :(, let alone resale prices.

I'm really curious what the stage production is going to be like. I mean, look at ACDC's massive walkway through the field..... and U2's 360 tour insanity. Stadium shows have a lot of real estate. 

You should just apply for a credit card and max the fucker out on VIP tickets lol

Edited by Nintari

I dropped $700 for two tickets in Toronto.  I can't believe the talk around this tour.  I just started a new job and people around me at work are talking about getting tickets.  Last night at my boys baseball practise, a dad asked everyone if they wanted to go with him to the concert.  It's crazy.  Can't wait.

First ever post on this forum - I'm from England so am hoping they do head over the pond after the US tour, one thing though, why is the standing area so small for the US shows, seems silly to be to only have two pockets of standing area's and the rest of the pitch being seated - if they do head over here later this year (arena shows) or next summer (stadium), then I hope the floor is left largely as a standing area - on a separate note, tickets are very very expensive for a semi decent ticket, I hope those sort of prices don't transfer over here!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I think  the main reason management booked stadium tour instead of arena is cause you gotta say ' it's a big comeback, Guns are headlining stadiums again'... that's what it is all about... It wouldn't appear so monumental in press if they decided to play arenas... And I think it's better this way... just look at Coldplay light shows enormous production..of course it's gonna attract mass of people even those who are not fans...

Another thought... wouldn't it be awesome if GnR decided to film a live concert film on the stadium that sells the most? It would be awesome to bring out Steven for AFD songs and Izzy... Imagine seeing 70000 - 80000 crowd erupting on the Jungle opening... sick that would be..

Hopefully they can release a DVD like the AC/DC one! GN'R doesn't have something like that, except for the Tokyo '92 but that's now too old.

8 hours ago, born2boogie said:

I did too with the Citi pre-sale:) In addition to two seats in the A section. I'm gonna try to sell the 2 pit tickets and make some $$$$...I hope demand is high.

You are going to sell them at above face value? You don't feel bad about being a scalper that is essentially ripping off fellow GnR fans?

8 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

You can not go to a single sporting event with out hearing at least 3 different AFD songs. November Rain is the most popular music video released before YouTube was launched. The first song any kid wants to learn on guitar is SCOM. You can't honestly say the songs haven't aged well. 

That's a bunch of hyperbole. 

I've been to lots of sporting events that didn't play any GnR songs. Or that just played Jungle

cool fact about November rain. 

And you have no idea what is the song that "all" kids first learn on guitar. Not everybody is a GnR fan.   Smoke on the water and Ironman are no doubt learned way more often than SCOM. Your fandom is clouding your ability to think rationally. 

With that said, I feel GnR's back catalog has aged quite well v

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

That's a bunch of hyperbole. 

I've been to lots of sporting events that didn't play any GnR songs. Or that just played Jungle

cool fact about November rain. 

And you have no idea what is the song that "all" kids first learn on guitar. Not everybody is a GnR fan.   Smoke on the water and Ironman are no doubt learned way more often than SCOM. Your fandom is clouding your ability to think rationally. 

With that said, I feel GnR's back catalog has aged quite well v

Haha Alright that guitar one may have been a stretch but I took lessons a couple years back and my teacher said that was one of the most requested songs. However from my experience every single hockey game I've ever gone to has played at least Jungle, SCOM, Paradise and maybe nightrain 

6 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Haha Alright that guitar one may have been a stretch but I took lessons a couple years back and my teacher said that was one of the most requested songs. However from my experience every single hockey game I've ever gone to has played at least Jungle, SCOM, Paradise and maybe Nightrain 

Occasionally YCBM as well.

2 hours ago, EastLondonDan said:

First ever post on this forum - I'm from England so am hoping they do head over the pond after the US tour, one thing though, why is the standing area so small for the US shows, seems silly to be to only have two pockets of standing area's and the rest of the pitch being seated - if they do head over here later this year (arena shows) or next summer (stadium), then I hope the floor is left largely as a standing area - on a separate note, tickets are very very expensive for a semi decent ticket, I hope those sort of prices don't transfer over here!

Amen to all that mate. 

I fear they're trying to cater to the Rolling Stones crowd, which as you may be aware, are all about seats on the pitch. 

I don't see that same mentality transferring to over here. 

Did AC'DC's Rock Or Bust tour have GA only on the pitch or seats in the US?

12 hours ago, Naupis said:

I've seen you mention Izzy a few times now and while I agree it would be nice if he was there clearly he doesn't want to be, or he would be there.

Should they not tour because Izzy seems to have no interest in making money and playing huge shows?

I love Izzy but I've moved on from him at this point as he clearly gives zero fucks about the band or its fans. We can't force him to play, and clearly he doesn't want to as I am sure they asked him at some point.

I would be more bothered about Izzy not being there if they were actively cutting him out, but the truth is he doesn't seem to want it so what can we do.

I was just passing along comments from another Gn'R fan that is going to Vegas... I was already willing to accept Izzy won't be there.. You do not know that they gave him a fair shake our didn't cut him out either.

10 hours ago, Ant said:

Same here. There's absolutely no way I can afford the good seats. I haven't gone for any of the presales because I am on the fence about spending $60 - $70 to be all the way in the back and barely see them. It does bum me out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stella said:

Same here. There's absolutely no way I can afford the good seats. I haven't gone for any of the presales because I am on the fence about spending $60 - $70 to be all the way in the back and barely see them. It does bum me out.

$$turn around fans I got a use for you$$

Toronto's been decimated by the Presells, my friends GF has the Amex Front of the Sale presell happening, and fuck if you can get 2 tickets ANYWHERE near the front on the floor. I feel really bad for the people on Friday. No fucking way I'd spent 250 to sit near the back of the stadium. General ticket buyers are going to be quite literally fucked. :\

Gotta miss the days of camping out for the best view/seats huh?

Edited by GNFR

6 hours ago, stella said:

This whining and crying about ticket prices baffles me -- especially from those that keep referring to themselves as superfans. $250 wouldn't separate a "superfan" from attending one single show.

Furthermore, many households spend upwards of $200 - 300 every single month for their cell phone service. And everyone seems to have those luxury items. But, somehow, a one time event for $100 - $250 is too much. Go figure.

I'm assuming these same people haven't been to a sporting event lately or taken the family on a night out to dinner and a movie. Everything is expensive nowadays.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

there is nothing 'legendary' about Slash joining Axl's experimental band project to play 30 year old songs that haven't aged well.

all the hyperbole statements how this nostalgia tour is going to 'historic' or 'legendary' are beyond laughable.

There's nothing historic or legendary to YOU. Big difference. You are in the vast minority with that opinion and if you don't recognize that, you're beyond naive.

And suggesting that their songs haven't aged well is far more hyperbolic and laughable than anything else stated in this thread.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1