Pets!

pinkforgirls

6 hours ago, cineater said:

Sure looks to me like mama bear attempts to swat that baby back down the first time and then tries to runaway once the little guy gets there.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/05/3194595277229701075/1024x576_MP4_3194595277229701075.mp4

WOW!!! I have never seen a video quite like that! :shock: Thanks for sharing....but yeah what was with that mama bear swatting at her baby making him fall all the way down.

What an incredible sight, glad the little one made it safely. :heart:

It's getting a little depressing going there.  Seeing the same cats stuck in those cages week after week.  I'm going to keep going because at least I can do something for them but it's taking a little piece of my heart.  Hopefully moments like that can keep it from breaking if you know what I mean.

• Sad 1

I had been waking my cat from sleeping during day so he'd sleep better at night. It worked! In the meantime, however, I got a new couch so I figured Beaker would like this ultimate play tower. So I turned the old couch on its side, vertically in the corner. He loves it! Has so many uses and areas for him to enjoy. Unfortunately for me this includes the top, about 8-9 ft in the air. That's where he sleeps all day now. Brat!!

vblaVqYl.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, soon said:

I had been waking my cat from sleeping during day so he'd sleep better at night. It worked! In the meantime, however, I got a new couch so I figured Beaker would like this ultimate play tower. So I turned the old couch on its side, vertically in the corner. He loves it! Has so many uses and areas for him to enjoy. Unfortunately for me this includes the top, about 8-9 ft in the air. That's where he sleeps all day now. Brat!!

vblaVqYl.jpg

What a cutie though! Cats! They do the darndest things. :lol:

• Haha 1

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Poor Barley boo is still not back to his normal self after the scary 7.0 earthquake that he and Quinn went through Friday morning. Took him a long time to start eating and drinking on his own and he hides under the bed often still. I have had to give him his anti anxiety medicine which helps...each day is getting better though. Any little noise makes him nervous- he thinks it is going to happen again. The earthquake was long, loud and violent and I had many things fall and crash. Damn earthquakes! :( 

• Sad 4

After a night of chasing his tail next to me in bed, he drinks the water I'm trying to make coffee out of. Gross!

kF4BlPMh.jpg

Once Im finally caffeinated and feeling human, I try to make my bed

5n2EgjUh.jpg

Once bed is made, he contemplates yet another ill-fated jump onto that tiny and crowded spice rack. The one beside him, with a column in the way... lol

k2Qbv8mh.jpg

He used to be such a sweet, sweet thing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today was spading day at the shelter.  Don't know how many pets they did.  At first I thought it was great there was so many empty cages until I realized all the kittens were missing.  There was a sign on a couple of cages saying don't use until further notice.  Freaked a second there thinking maybe all the kittens had to be put down for some disease.  Turns out two kittens had ringworm.  They went home with the director for treatment.  Everybody else was in recovery.

Another half price on cat sale going on and they are rolling through the pets.  People want pets for Christmas. 

They have a feral cat program where they fix them and return them to the wild if they can't find a barn that needs them.  Since I frequent places where people with barns shop, I've asked for some fliers I can put out for the barn cat program.  They do all that free of charge.

• Like 1