"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

7 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

The Terminator

Great movie of course, but the second will always be better.

Easily the best of the bunch...and more than that perhaps the best Tech-Noir Sci Fi dystopian future movie ever made.  2 has WAY too much schmaltz and audience pandering to even so much as approach the original.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Lol, said he had to walk around with Reed's sick on his shoes the rest of the night.  You know you're a two fister when you can out drink Lee Marvin.

Ollie is my second favourite British actor, joint first really, with Michael Caine.  Sir Larry figures in there somewhere.  To me they cover the three types of actor, classically trained instinctive and learnt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Talking about Oliver Reed started me thinking about the all time British actor drinkers, here's my list in no particular order: Reed, Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Robert Shaw, and Peter O'Toole. 

You've missed ''Tosh'' from The Bill

14 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Talking about Oliver Reed started me thinking about the all time British actor drinkers, here's my list in no particular order: Reed, Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Robert Shaw, and Peter O'Toole. 

Oliver was kind of different to the others, the others were sort of in a long line of drinking thespians but Ollie was very much considered as the johnny-come-lately of the bunch, he wasn't classically trained like they were (despite the fact that his Uncle was Carol Reed and his grandfather was Herbert Berbohm Tree who started the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts), he was very much considered as someone who kind of did it cuz it was the thing to do, whereas O Toole, Burton etc were more functional alcoholics, they could quite happily and handsomely perform whilst pissed as fuck. 

Oliver had an instinctive knack for movie acting, I think RADA would have been terrible for him.  The key understanding movie acting is that its almost like acting by numbers, its not the scene its the shot, it zeroes in on the twitches of your facial muscles and the drift of your eyes, he made his bones making Hammer Horror films and learning on the job.  And you got that feeling when your Richard Harrises and Peter O Tooles spoke about him.

On 13/03/2019 at 8:41 PM, Black Sabbath said:

The Terminator

Great movie of course, but the second will always be better.

The original shits all over Terminator 2. T2 is an awesome movie but not in the same league as the original.

• Like 4

My inner 14 year old is still struggling with Luke Perry’s death and I thankfully remembered this was a thing that existed (that I still can’t believe I’d not seen). It was directed by John McNaughton and based on an actual INSANE true story and besides being Perry’s best performance ever I am now happily willing to argue that Ashley Judd delivers what amounts to one of the top ten/twenty performances of the nineties in it. Definitely worth a look. 

Edited by Angelica

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :lol:

🖕 🖕🖕it’s true 🤣😞

You would like it, probably. There aren’t any swans but Ashley’s sweater puppies are unleashed on multiple occasions.

Edited by Angelica
  • Haha 1

I found 90210 insufferable as a kid.  Who wants to watch the future ruling classes driving to high school on Porsches looking like little fuckin' proto-yuppies waiting to take over the world.  My sister used to fuckin' love that shit too, which probably had a lot to do with it, for some reason I grew up hating everything my sister liked, shame really cuz I grew up to find she had pretty good taste in some areas but I draw the fuckin' line at 90210.  And Sweet Valley High (though those twins were fit as fuck!).  And the other one with Sarah Michelle Gellar and the fuckin' vampires.  And Ally McBeal, that girl needed some fuckin' donuts or somethin.  

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I found 90210 insufferable as a kid.  Who wants to watch the future ruling classes driving to high school on Porsches looking like little fuckin' proto-yuppies waiting to take over the world.  My sister used to fuckin' love that shit too, which probably had a lot to do with it, for some reason I grew up hating everything my sister liked, shame really cuz I grew up to find she had pretty good taste in some areas but I draw the fuckin' line at 90210.  And Sweet Valley High (though those twins were fit as fuck!).  And the other one with Sarah Michelle Gellar and the fuckin' vampires.  And Ally McBeal, that girl needed some fuckin' donuts or somethin.  

90210 is objectively bad but I grew up on it, so sentimental attatchment. Don’t diss on Buffy  however or we will have an ISSUE. 

11 minutes ago, Angelica said:

90210 is objectively bad but I grew up on it, so sentimental attatchment. Don’t diss on Buffy  however or we will have an ISSUE. 

To be REALLY honest I never watched it, it looked so shit and was a proper birds sort of thing so...y'know, it got judged blind and has occupied that space ever since.  Buffy I mean.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

To be REALLY honest I never watched it, it looked so shit and was a proper birds sort of thing so...y'know, it got judged blind and has occupied that space ever since.

It’s not a ‘birds thing’. It’s a nerd/geek thing though. In the best way. I have watched all 144 episodes a terrifying number of times and love it more than most things and will fight you 🤣

Edited by Angelica

13 minutes ago, Angelica said:

It’s not a ‘birds thing’. It’s a nerd/geek thing though. In the best way. I have watched all 144 episodes a terrifying number of times and love it more than most things and will fight you 🤣

Is this like an approaching middle age, hot flushes, cold compress sort of thing? :lol: *ducks*

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I never watched any of that stuff, and don't know who this guy who died recently is.

Luke Perry was like the fuckin' James Dean wannabe one.  The one all the birds fancied.  Shannen Doherty was fit as fuck, I must say.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Is this like an approaching middle age, hot flushes, cold compress sort of thing? :lol: *ducks*

🤣🤣🤣 To be indelicate I’m currently surfing the crimson wave, so NOT QUITE BUT THANK YOU.

Edited by Angelica
  • Haha 1