Gracii Guns

British Politics

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You expected it to end now with the election on May 26. The Guardian article talks about the next 10-20 years. 

Anyway, the fact that many fear that the EU will collapse when we look more than 10 years into the future is not due to people in Europe not having positive feelings towards the EU. According to the article, Europeans have not been as positive to the EU since 1983, and 92 % of voters said they would lose out if the EU disappeared. So people believe in and want to have the EU, yet stil expect it to crash. That seeming paradox can be explained by the general trend of negative feelings towards our political systems, lingering effects of the economic recession, growing inequality, etc. 

That's because they want the economic goodies of an EU (as long as it doesn't come along with austerity), without the migration/refugee policies of the current ruling class. 

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You expected it to end now with the election on May 26. The Guardian article talks about the next 10-20 years. 

Anyway, the fact that many fear that the EU will collapse when we look more than 10 years into the future is not due to people in Europe not having positive feelings towards the EU. According to the article, Europeans have not been as positive to the EU since 1983, and 92 % of voters said they would lose out if the EU disappeared. So people believe in and want to have the EU, yet stil expect it to crash. That seeming paradox can be explained by the general trend of negative feelings towards our political systems, lingering effects of the economic recession, growing inequality, etc. 

I don't know where I claimed that? It is difficult to see how that constitutional could happen for a start. I feel the Eurozone will unravel the EU but it will be a prolonged period to overturn this Reich.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I don't know where I claimed that? It is difficult to see how that constitutional could happen for a start. I feel the Eurozone will unravel the EU but it will be a prolonged period to overturn this Reich.

Ah, 10-20 years at least ;). 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Ah, 10-20 years at least ;). 

It will be a staged withdrawal. European populists, even Le Pen, are targeting the Eurozone. British Eurosceptics obviously did not possess this as a target.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It will be a staged withdrawal. European populists, even Le Pen, are targeting the Eurozone. British Eurosceptics obviously did not possess this as a target.

Which is a guarantee for its continued existence. The fact you can't just dismantle it with the stroke of a pen means it will survive temporary distrusts and shifting swings in popularity, like what we are having now. A few years of populism, right-wing shift, and unrest after recessions, simply won't be sufficient to ruin something that has been painstakingly built over a large time. Which is good, because the alternative, its rapid destruction, would be irresponsible to next generations who otherwise would not get to enjoy the benefits of being a part of the EU (re: the recent poll that shows that most people within the EU would feel they lost out without it). Any change now as a consequence of this turn towards nationalism and protectionism will simply make it more robust for the next time the pendulum shifts in this direction.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Which is a guarantee for its continued existence. The fact you can't just dismantle it with the stroke of a pen means it will survive temporary distrusts and shifting swings in popularity, like what we are having now. A few years of populism, right-wing shift, and unrest after recessions, simply won't be sufficient to ruin something that has been painstakingly built over a large time. Which is good, because the alternative, its rapid destruction, would be irresponsible to next generations who otherwise would not get to enjoy the benefits of being a part of the EU (re: the recent poll that shows that most people within the EU would feel they lost out without it). Any change now as a consequence of this turn towards nationalism and protectionism will simply make it more robust for the next time the pendulum shifts in this direction.

I don't agree with any of this. 

PS

Even arch-remainer Gina Miller agrees with me,

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1128037/Brexit-news-UK-European-Union-European-elections-Theresa-May-Gina-Miller

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 5/13/2019 at 5:06 PM, soon said:

Someone left a cream cheese tub with blow in it at my place. 

I flushed the blow.

Then I recycled the container.

And I thought of how disgusted many of you would be with one or both of my actions :lol:

FFS I could of used that Charlie .. I would of recycled the tub after I promise 

On 13/05/2019 at 5:06 PM, soon said:

Someone left a cream cheese tub with blow in it at my place. 

I flushed the blow.

Then I recycled the container.

And I thought of how disgusted many of you would be with one or both of my actions :lol:

Is that true?!  You fuckin' nobhead, why did you do that?!?  I used to think you were alright, fuckin' hell, what was the point in that?!  I'm genuinely fuckin' outraged right now :lol:

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Is that true?!  You fuckin' nobhead, why did you do that?!?  I used to think you were alright, fuckin' hell, what was the point in that?!  I'm genuinely fuckin' outraged right now :lol:

I was shaking with rage when I read this too 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

FFS I could of used that Charlie .. I would of recycled the tub after I promise 

The carbon foot print of getting it to you though. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Haha! Yeah, you know Im a passionate recycler! Oh, you mean the blow?!?! I entered it into the water system, so who knows, next time you straddle the old bidet you might get really high and you'd have me to thank! :lol:

Spoiler

Also, I couldn't remember the word "bidet." When I googled I got a full page of hits for 'how to clean anus before butt sex.' :o:facepalm::lol:

Edited by soon

21 minutes ago, soon said:

The carbon foot print of getting it to you though. :lol:

Haha! Yeah, you know Im a passionate recycler! Oh, you mean the blow?!?! I entered it into the water system, so who knows, next time you straddle the old bidet you might get really high and you'd have me to thank! :lol:

Hide contents

Also, I couldn't remember the word "bidet." When I googled I got a full page of hits for 'how to clean anus before butt sex.' :o:facepalm::lol:

The fuck have you been researching boy!?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Why why WHY would you do that?!  What kind of person are you, you're gonna get up to heaven and St Petes gonna deny you at the gate for that one!  In fact he's gonna call Jesus out just to kick you in the bollocks before they stick you in the lift goin' down, come on soon, I thought you were a better person than that.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why why WHY would you do that?!

What, shoot liquid blow up your butt? I dunno, like if you needed assistance :axl:

58 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

you're gonna get up to heaven and St Petes gonna deny you at the gate for that one!

But you gotta admit that its still impressive that an Anabaptist even just got to the gate of Catholic heaven!? ;)

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

In fact he's gonna call Jesus out just to kick you in the bollocks

I'd never wash them again! :lol:

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

come on soon, I thought you were a better person than that.

Well, shit. Guess I'll just go vape some premium Canadian legal weed to try and cheer myself up. :P

May supposedly going to quit tonight. Andrea "I'm a Mother" Leadsom supposed to quit the cabinet to run for PM.

According to Sky News.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

May supposedly going to quit tonight. Andrea "I'm a Mother" Leadsom supposed to quit the cabinet to run for PM.

According to Sky News.

That would be basically swapping one loathsome shit for another equally loathsome shit. Come to think of it, the entire cabinet are morally reprehensible arseholes. 

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

According to Sky News.

18 minutes ago, Graeme said:

That would be basically swapping one loathsome shit for another equally loathsome shit. Come to think of it, the entire cabinet are morally reprehensible arseholes. 

If that is the case. Snap election? Second referendum? Both?

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I love that milkshaking is a thing. 😂

It is pertaining to the intellect and general demeanour of the Remainers to applaud this activity. 

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

According to Sky News.

May has been supposedly ''about to quit'' for the last year or so according to the papers. She has more persistence than Shahid Afridi.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is pertaining to the intellect and general demeanour of the Remainers to applaud this activity. 

In no world is Nigel Farage getting covered in milkshake not funny. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dazey said:

In no world is Nigel Farage getting covered in milkshake not funny. 

It wasn't especially funny. Candidates should be free from physical harassment - I'd say the same for politicians I loath such as Sturgeon and Diane Abbott. It isn't that long ago since Jo Cox. 

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It wasn't especially funny. Candidates should be free from physical harassment - I'd say the same for politicians I loath such as Sturgeon and Diane Abbott. It isn't that long ago since Jo Cox. 

Seriously? Can’t we make another milkshake exception for Diane Abbott?

Edited by Dazey