Gracii Guns

British Politics

24 minutes ago, soon said:

Guns N Roses are especially fascist

You are rather correct actually. Rose has long since demonstrated, if not fascist, certainly dictatorial tendencies. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are rather correct actually. Rose has long since demonstrated, if not fascist, certainly dictatorial tendencies. 

With this brilliant logic me and every other manager in the world are fascists for telling others what to do. 

Jagger's a fascist!! 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

With this brilliant logic me and every other manager in the world are fascists for telling others what to do. 

Jagger's a fascist!! 

I said ''if not fascist, certainly dictatorial''. Please pay attention.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I said ''if not fascist, certainly dictatorial''. Please pay attention.

So soon wasn't "rather correct" when joking about GN'R being fascist? :lol:

Just now, SoulMonster said:

So soon wasn't "rather correct" when joking about GN'R being fascist? :lol:

Soul semantic exercise impending!!

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Soul semantic exercise impending!!

Yes, whenever I point out the ridiculous things you write it is just a semantic exercise. 

So are rock bands with leaders fascists or not? You can't have it both ways depending upon which way the discussion goes. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, whenever I point out the ridiculous things you write it is just a semantic exercise. 

So are rock bands with leaders fascists or not? You can't have it both ways depending upon which way the discussion goes. 

I didn't say ''rocks bands with leaders'' are ''fascists''. I made the suggestion that W. Axl Rose, one particular leader of a rock band, is ''dictatorial''.

Although maybe he isn't so much fascist but outright Nazi when we consider ''One in a Million''. 

I didn't say ''rocks bands with leaders'' are ''fascists''. I made the suggestion that W. Axl Rose, one particular leader of a rock band, is ''dictatorial''.

You also said that soon was "rather correct" when joking about GN'R being fascist *yawn*

Why would you even find it opportune to respond to soon's fascism joke by pointing out that Axl's a dictator? It would be entirely irrelevant :lol: Because you didn't, you were scrambling to say something bad about GN'R and made the usual fool out of yourself in the process, likening rock bands with strong leaders to fascism. Hilarious. 

Edited by SoulMonster

You also said that soon was "rather correct" when joking about GN'R being fascist *yawn*

You are now even yawning at how boring your linguistic exercises are!! 

Edited by DieselDaisy

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are now even yawning at how boring your linguistic exercises are!! 

Again, not a linguistic exercise to point out your nonsense *yawn*

Again, not a linguistic exercise to point out your nonsense *yawn*

I love it how you can have an argument on your door step yet you prefer to pick holes in semantics. Your favourite arguments (with me) are truly not Trump, Brexit, tree-huggery, religion, and all and sundry but ones concerning the merest adverb! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

NO,  I said that if you ban free speech then you can't have a democracy and is a violation of the first amendment, Freedom of Press and Freedom of Speech is essential to a democracy and if you cant stand that then you wont be a democracy for very long/

and you are proving my point by reaching because I am taking your arguments and tearing them to shreds. 

d

Yes, but at the same time there are rules and regulations. For example you can't scream FIRE!!! in a theater when there is no such a thing taking place. You can't claim you have the right to scream anything you want when you want it.

Also there are words you can't use when you are talking on radio and T.V. 

You can't print in a newspaper that Axl Rose killed his sister if such a statement is a lie. Axl Rose has the right to take legal action against you and the newspaper

But when it comes to social media there is more room for bullshit. If someone wants to write fake news. That person can do it. But you have to be smart enough to check other sources. The problem is when people believe some guy who is just talking out of his ass. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes, but at the same time there are rules and regulations. For example you can't scream FIRE!!! in a theater when there is no such a thing taking place. You can't claim you have the right to scream anything you want when you want it.

Also there are words you can't use when you are talking on radio and T.V. 

You can't print in a newspaper that Axl Rose killed his sister if such a statement is a lie. Axl Rose has the right to take legal action against you and the newspaper

But when it comes to social media there is more room for bullshit. If someone wants to write fake news. That person can do it. But you have to be smart enough to check other sources. The problem is when people believe some guy who is just talking out of his ass. 

That's what i said

I don't see how we have freedom of the press when for years we had Murdoch running The News of the World, The Times, The Sun, Talk Radio, Sky News, others. We have haven't had an election in this country where someone that Murdoch hasn't backed won since Pre Thatcher in the 70s. Then there's the Telegraph (who owners run the Spectator) and Mail (which owns the I) ran by nom doms. All back the same political party. All of which do nothing but run storys attacking people of colour, the working class, immigrants, judges, police, fire, nhs and people who don't vote conservative.

The Express and Mirror are ran by the same people too.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

I don't see how we have freedom of the press when for years we had Murdoch running The News of the World, The Times, The Sun, Talk Radio, Sky News, others. We have haven't had an election in this country where someone that Murdoch hasn't backed won since Pre Thatcher in the 70s. Then there's the Telegraph (who owners run the Spectator) and Mail (which owns the I) ran by nom doms. All back the same political party. All of which do nothing but run storys attacking people of colour, the working class, immigrants, judges, police, fire, nhs and people who don't vote conservative.

I wouldn't put The Times in the same catgory with The Sun or The Mail. I know that Murdoch tried to buy Sky, there was controversy. But I don't know how that ended

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

The irony is that in a country with free press you can end up with editorial homogeneity, if you get what I mean. Free press doesn't have to result in a diverse plethora of newspapers covering the entire range of politics. If people just want to read shite, then shite will dominate. 

What you could do was to have the government subsidise the press, or at least press that qualifies. The qualification should of course be based on criteria as objectivity, journalistic integrity, and so on, and not political stance. Thus every newspaper that does proper journalistic work could get this financial support, whereas tabloid rags and propaganda channels, would find it harder to compete. 

Secondly, journalist should be a protected profession and to get a degree in journalism the curriculum should contain courses in objectivity, sourcing, etc, ensuring a higher quality of work. 

Freedom of the press is key to a working democracy to hold those in power to account. I fail to see how that can't be tempered in cases of clear harassment. I think I counted over 30 articles on the Daily Mail front page today doing nothing more than bullying Harry's missus. Just makes me want to see some of these so called journalists given a good kicking quite frankly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

Freedom of the press is key to a working democracy to hold those in power to account. I fail to see how that can't be tempered in cases of clear harassment. I think I counted over 30 articles on the Daily Mail front page today doing nothing more than bullying Harry's missus. Just makes me want to see some of these so called journalists given a good kicking quite frankly. 

It takes two to tango. They write articles about Harry and Meghan because they sell newspapers. You have to question both, the journalists and those who are interested in reading that kind of newspaper.

35 minutes ago, Padme said:

It takes two to tango. They write articles about Harry and Meghan because they sell newspapers. You have to question both, the journalists and those who are interested in reading that kind of newspaper.

Oh, I think that the people who read this crap are filth as well. :lol: 

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ahh, the liberal left in action.

How so?

11 hours ago, Dazey said:

when one wants to reach the final stage of "enlightment", one goes through a couple of phases: school (do as I say, not as I do), work (do as I say, not as I do), media (think as we tell you to think: trump is bad), experience (hmm, economy is at an all time high, peace with north korea, iranians of all people protesting in favor of the americans), then personal study (I want to know more about the history of relations between north korea and america, about the history of relations between iran and america), and finally:  understanding (the media is merely a propaganda machine for the left).

it seems to me, left people are stuck in the third stage: media, as a source of knowledge, therefore can never reach the final stage of enlightment.

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

How so?

Calling someone ''filth'' just because they read a paper you don't agree with?

Calling someone ''filth'' just because they read a paper you don't agree with?

If the cap fits and all that.