07/09/18 - Chorzow, Poland - Stadion Slaski

downzy

Live it was a superb! Axl's voice was amazing and from my seat everything was ok all the time. Ycbm and RQ were sang whole with rasp, really! Little worse during Yesterdays. I'm really shocked cuz I'm reading your posts that Axl fucked up the Rosie, i didnt notice that live. I'm on my way home and have to check youtube when i'll be back. 

Nightrain blew my mind! I forgot how much i love this song! And last night was played with a lot of power! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gloomy said:

Live it was a superb! Axl's voice was amazing and from my seat everything was ok all the time. Ycbm and RQ were sang whole with rasp, really! Little worse during Yesterdays. I'm really shocked cuz I'm reading your posts that Axl fucked up the Rosie, i didnt notice that live. I'm on my way home and have to check youtube when i'll be back. 

Nightrain blew my mind! I forgot how much i love this song! And last night was played with a lot of power! 

Rasp RQ and YCBM? This is not true lol, full donald duck as always

Edited by lukigol

1 hour ago, lukigol said:

Rasp RQ and YCBM? This is not true lol, full donald duck as always

Have you been there? Or you just saying because you've watched some videos on yt? I've notice year ago that Axl's voice live sound much better than any videorecord, maybe it's about some unusual frequency of his vocal?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gloomy said:

Have you been there? Or you just saying because you've watched some videos on yt? I've notice year ago that Axl's voice live sound much better than any videorecord, maybe it's about some unusual frequency of his vocal?

Yes, I was there, ycbm turns into a joke with current vocals

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gloomy said:

Glad you enjoyed it, but that's BS. Axl doesn't have a special voice that modern video recording technology can't handle. Sometimes he sings weak, and yes while you're there he sounds fine but upon reflection and review of some videos you'll hear a few cracks and Mickey moments. He's still very good (with the odd exception), I'm not shitting on him. And this show did sound better again.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2018 at 10:51 AM, gloomy said:

It is because he sounds like shit sometimes and but the live experience can mask that. Not just for him but for any rock musician. There is so much going on at a live show. It is so loud, so much saturation from the PA and the instruments, the crowd singing a long in harmony and the excitement. It is very easy to overlook imperfections. These cell phone videos are a fair representation of what he sounds like.  The Pro Shot videos are even more telling. He just can't sing in certain ranges anymore and it comes off unflattering at times. I saw 3 shows this tour and I could hear when he did and didn't sound good. Some shows were better than others, it just is what it is.  Overall he can still perform good enough for the shows to be a success and go over well.  Which he has done for the most part.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2