[KISS] The Final Tour Ever - End Of The Road World Tour

Silent Jay

I checked out videos and pics of their first show

Relatively boring setlist

Stage seems pretty cool but it's not the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It still wouldnt be as big as something from like Roger Waters, Muse, or U2 or something.

It also appears Paul is indeed lip synching. 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I checked out videos and pics of their first show

Relatively boring setlist

Stage seems pretty cool but it's not the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It still wouldnt be as big as something from like Roger Waters, Muse, or U2 or something.

It also appears Paul is indeed lip synching. 

It's basically the same setlist from every other time I've seen KISS in the past decade.  The only time they seem to pull out one of their deep cuts is on the Kiss Kruise.

Wish they'd do more with Carnival of Souls & Revenge..

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

It's basically the same setlist from every other time I've seen KISS in the past decade.  The only time they seem to pull out one of their deep cuts is on the Kiss Kruise.

Wish they'd do more with Carnival of Souls & Revenge..

KISS isnt a band where I personally care about deep cuts much, but I feel for diehards. I'm a not a diehard KISS fan, so I'm good with the hits and some other songs like Hide Your Heart. However, Paul and Gene touted this as a massive show unlike anything they have done. At least one of them mentioned the set would be a lot longer than usual. This setlist appears to be unremarkable if you are a diehard fan hoping for some rarities and a longer show. 

31 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

KISS isnt a band where I personally care about deep cuts much, but I feel for diehards. I'm a not a diehard KISS fan, so I'm good with the hits and some other songs like Hide Your Heart. However, Paul and Gene touted this as a massive show unlike anything they have done. At least one of them mentioned the set would be a lot longer than usual. This setlist appears to be unremarkable if you are a diehard fan hoping for some rarities and a longer show. 

I'd imagine it's a lot easier to put on a longer show if you're playing to backing tracks.  :lol:

One really noticeable omission from the setlist is Shock Me; it'd make sense if the song was saved for an Ace appearance, but it seems like that bridge is burned.  Eric singing Beth is just weird.

19 hours ago, Gackt said:

:blink:

What bullshit! This is all made up shit.

A friend of mine met Ace years ago at a Texas Frightmare. He was drunk and rude. The convention put him in his own room.

that was the year I met Dee Snider who is freakin awesome!

I think all the drugs and drinking Ace did and possibly is still doing has fucked up his head.

Maybe he's freakin jealous that he's not on tour with Kiss.

Whatever his problem is, I think it's all publicity for Kiss and their farewell tour. I bet you'll see Ace and Peter doing some Kiss shows before Kiss finally retires.

OMG! Kiss was on The Price is Right today in full make up!

The guy won a Kiss package that included a ride on the Kiss private plane to the Detroit show. How awesome is that?

One of the Showcase prizes was another Kiss package which included being on the Kiss Cruise. Unfortunately, the guy didn't win, but he's still got to be on stage with Kiss and is going on the private plane to the show!

Kiss is freakin awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen KISS 3 times twice without make up in 1988 Dojington & Newcastle City Hall. The other time Donington 1996 with all 4 originals , make up, costumes etc ,etc. Tbh the best show in my opinion was the City Hall show. We got 4 guys 3 guitars & a drum kit they played to sets no support act, no costumes, no make up , no pyro etc, etc they played everything that night. It was one of those you had to be there shows. Now anyone going to see this last tour will have a great time but it's not for me I'm sure I caught them at there very best in 1988 at Newcastle City Hall. There's some grainy footage of the show on YouTube but it doesn't do the show any justice.

Newcastle City Hall set list that night this was "The Crazy Nights Tour" there was more as they messed around with a couple of "Beatles" songs

Love Gun

Fits Like A Glove

Heaven's On Fire

Cold Gin

Black Diamond

Bang Bang You

No No No

Firehouse

Crazy Crazy Nights

Deuce

I Was Made For Loving You

Reason To Live

Tears Are Falling

I Love It Loud

Strutted

Shout It Out Loud

Detroit Rock City

Encore...

Lick It Up

Rock N Roll All Nite

Detroit Rock City

Looking back at that now it's a pretty impressive set list. We all sung every word with the band & the smiles on all our faces band & audience we all had a fantastic night 

Edited by AFD5
  • Like 1

Of the 3 times I've seen KISS, one show was an absolute blast and the other two were merely "fine".

The show that was amazing was their final Cobo Arena show in 2009. To see the band at the most legendary venue for them was awesome. It was the first concert my friend and I went to on our own, we had really cheap tickets in the last row, and we even went in makeup. The vibe was so cool. Cobo was like a time machine to 1979. Their setlist was really good, stage show was awesome, they sounded tight, and the crowd was great. It was a total nostalgia show with them pretending to be the original band, but It was still fun. Too bad it just wasnt the complete real thing

The other 2 times were at ampitheaters with smaller stages. They were fine but nothing special. For the third one they had the spider stage that did nothing and I was hammered :( barely remember that show. Def Leppard opened 

I also saw Ace a few years ago. He played the parking lot of a Harley Davidson dealership for free. He was awful. He seemed drunk (but he says he is sober so who knows), and his whole band at the time seemed like a bad bar band. Still, it was a fun time for the Spinal Tap factor. He is an awful singer, and is not well suited to front a band the way he does. Still, I think he could have limped through a 90 minutes greatest hits set with KISS. That was 2 or 3 years ago, and he seems to have declined even more since. 

Ace's poor playing and back and forth groveling/lashing out combined with Paul and Gene's lip synching make this farewell really lame

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:21 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is Gene lip syncing as well now? 

No it's all lies!

I've seen Kiss many times and these guys rock it all the time.

Paul and Gene are both singing. I don't care what anyone says.

Can't wait to hear "Hide your heart" one of my all time favorite songs by Kiss! 5 more days until the Dallas show!

28 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Paul and Gene are both singing. I don't care what anyone says.

There's video evidence that proves they use vocal tracks... :shrugs:

I'm not trying to take away from the show, I'm sure it's still enjoyable for KISS fans, and I've been to shows where I knew the band/singer used vocal tracks and I still had fun, but it is what it is.

Is the whole show being lip-synced? No. But it's obvious that they do use tracks to 'help' them perform.

I saw KISS last night with my mom and brother at the Dallas show!

All I can say is WOW!

This concerts was one of the all time best I've ever seen. My mom saw KISS in Madison Square Garden in 1977 and she said this concert was better! Great songs and great stage stuff! Bombs and fire works abound. All the guys looked and sounded great!

I'm pretty sure American Airlines was sold out. You could see a mass of people from the floor to the 300 seats. Just amazing.

We had such a blast. Another great memory made with my family.

I got a cool Kiss shirt and my brother got the poster and my mom got a cool white shirt and a KISS coffee mug!

So glad to be a part of KISSTORY forever!

See them when they come to a city near you! KISS does not disappoint!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Saw the Paul Stanley interview with Dan Rather last night on AXS.

It was very insightful and had things on it I never knew about.

Paul is very talented and I'm so glad he is successful in his private life and professional one.

He made a statement that I totally agree with.

He said when you are younger, the world revolves around you, but when you have children you realize it's time to step aside and make them the priority. So true for those of us who have children. at least I feel that way.

He also said how he's been in therapy since he was 15. His parents got out of Europe before the Holocust and how he didn't like Gene the first time he met him. lol 50 + years later, he they still are.

This interview was made before the Kiss "end of the road tour" so he didn't say much about it at the time.

Anyway, I was very impressed with Paul and loved how Dan would as a question and then Paul answer without interrupting him. That's a good man!