Loudwire's: Use Your Illusions'-20 Facts Only Superfans Would Know (Link)

27 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Never heard the statement about the Locomotive "Hidden Message" in the lyrics before.

It seems i's just an interpretation on the the writer's (of the article) part, as it says "some have speculated." I don't know of any statement about this.

I see that the article repeats the story that the rest of the band didn't know about "My World" at all. It isn't true, though, for all the band. Only Izzy said he first heard it after the albums were released, but Izzy had been already phasing out during the last stages of the UYI albums.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It seems i's just an interpretation on the the writer's (of the article) part, as it says "some have speculated." I don't know of any statement about this.

I see that the article repeats the story that the rest of the band didn't know about "My World" at all. It isn't true, though, for all the band. Only Izzy said he first heard it after the albums were released, but Izzy had been already phasing out during the last stages of the UYI albums.

Didn't Duff even call it like one of his favourite songs or something? And Izzy also liked Get In The Ring, which I found funny

• Like 1

Another thing many people maybe don't know is that theres recordings from Mates studio in 1989 where Steven played on Coma and Bad Apples but those recordings aren't circulating. And I'm surprised they didn't mention that some completely random guy plays piano on So Fine, not Axl or Dizzy. They also didn't mention that they for some reason cut out the outro solo for 14 Years during the mixing process. If I ever meet Slash in real life I'd ask him about that.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

I would also ask why they put My World on UYI II instead of Ain't Goin Down.

If I do remember right, Axl put My World on last minute without asking any of the other members. 

Edit: And Aint going down was simply forgotten as Slash (?) stated sometime in an interview, at least from the top of my head. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag

5 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Didn’t Axl play rhythm guitar on shotgun blues?

Thats a cool little fun fact. 

Before anyone says it.... it’s 1000% Slash on the DTJ solo. 

UYI2 was the first GN’R album I bought on cassette, shortly followed by UYI1, and in the cassette liner notes it credits Izzy as playing lead guitar in DTJ. A naive uninformed me at the time was like “hmmm... I guess Izzy plays some pretty good lead guitar too then”

But we all know, that solo is most definitely Slash. 

• Like 1

I sort of view the My World song as a prelude or preview as of what was to come from the band...in Axl's mind anyway.....I'm thinking that's how he viewed a 1994-95 album release sounding in his head.....kind of like a head's up of what's going to come.....but it never happened in that "industrial" time period of music.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Another thing many people maybe don't know is that theres recordings from Mates studio in 1989 where Steven played on Coma and Bad Apples but those recordings aren't circulating. And I'm surprised they didn't mention that some completely random guy plays piano on So Fine, not Axl or Dizzy. They also didn't mention that they for some reason cut out the outro solo for 14 Years during the mixing process. If I ever meet Slash in real life I'd ask him about that.

Have you heard the coma and bad apples demos before? I didn't know they existed but I would love to hear them.