Would you guys be opposed if the Mods turned this section into a Pearl Jam section for the next 6 months?

Randy Lahey

Would you guys be opposed if the Mods turned this section into a Pearl Jam section for the next 6 months? It would be nice for once to support a band that regularly tours and releases new music. They also change up their setlist quite drastically from night to night and release bootlegs of all their shows.

I believe this switch would generate lots of publicity for the board. I bet even Rolling Stone would pick up on the fact that the biggest GNR forum on the web has switched its support from New GNR to Pearl Jam.

Aren't we all sick of New GNR at this point anyway? Switching our support to Pearl Jam for their upcoming album and tour might help breathe some new life into this place. And it would be a heck of a lot of fun. This is an idea whose time has come. Let's jump on the ten club and hurtle ourselves into the mystic while spinning the black circle.

Here is the new single. And yes, it is better than the Chinese Democracy single.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to change it, we should change it to something that doesn't suck. :shrugs:

It doesn't matter. Pearl Jam does everything that GNR fans wish New GNR would do. This is about sending a message while generating publicity for New GNR and this forum.

I think it would make more sense to make this board a GNR board about the classic band only... get rid of all the sections we have... and create a unique GNR news section.... and when referring to GNR... Refer solely to the guys who made this band a success until 1993.

So let's say a Slash album is coming out... we put that on GNR news, cause after all Slash is a member of the REAL Guns N'Roses, same thing for the other members, except for Axl... we completely ignore his band and its existence...

Maybe that way he will feel irrelevant, and start working for a change...

If we're going to change it, we should change it to something that doesn't suck. :shrugs:

MySlashForum

Seriously - just move the Slash forum to the top of MyGNR and change all the banners to images of Slash

I believe I said "doesn't suck". :shrugs:

It doesn't matter. Pearl Jam does everything that GNR fans wish New GNR would do. This is about sending a message while generating publicity for New GNR and this forum.

There are other bands that do things that GN'R doesn't do. We can pick one of them.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

There are other bands that do things that GN'R doesn't do. We can pick one of them.

We are never all going to agree on one band. PJ is a good choice because they have a new album coming out and they do everything that people wish GNR would do.

We are never all going to agree on one band. PJ is a good choice because they have a new album coming out and they do everything that people wish GNR would do.

They might do things, but that doesn't mean that there is anything remotely interesting about them to discuss. :shrugs:

Would you guys be opposed if the Mods turned this section into a Pearl Jam section for the next 6 months? It would be nice for once to support a band that regularly tours and releases new music. They also change up their setlist quite drastically from night to night and release bootlegs of all their shows.

I believe this switch would generate lots of publicity for the board. I bet even Rolling Stone would pick up on the fact that the biggest GNR forum on the web has switched its support from New GNR to Pearl Jam.

Aren't we all sick of New GNR at this point anyway? Switching our support to Pearl Jam for their upcoming album and tour might help breathe some new life into this place. And it would be a heck of a lot of fun. This is an idea whose time has come. Let's jump on the ten club and hurtle ourselves into the mystic while spinning the black circle.

Here is the new single. And yes, it is better than the Chinese Democracy single.

If you're sick of GN'R and want to support Pearl Jam, there's a much simpler solution: A) stop posting on a GN'R forum, and B) start posting on a Pearl Jam forum.

Ali