Would you guys be opposed if the Mods turned this section into a Pearl Jam section for the next 6 months?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time it took after Rock in Rio IV for this forum to turn on the band: 19 months

Surprised it took so long, honestly.

It wouldn't have taken so long if a good chunk of posters hadn't left after the new mods took over....

Can blame the new ownership, but the reality is that a lot of positive new band fans either left because they were bored of the band, or turned into negative/frustrated posters. That's not our fault. :shrugs:

If you're sick of GN'R and want to support Pearl Jam, there's a much simpler solution: A) stop posting on a GN'R forum, and B) start posting on a Pearl Jam forum.

Ali

hqdefault.jpg

Mature response, Randy. It was honest, succinct response that I gave you. No one's putting a gun to your head forcing you to follow GN'R. It's your choice. If you're dissatisfied with that choice, you can make another choice, e.g. posting on a Pearl Jam forum when and where you would post on a GN'R forum.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Time it took after Rock in Rio IV for this forum to turn on the band: 19 months

Surprised it took so long, honestly.

It wouldn't have taken so long if a good chunk of posters hadn't left after the new mods took over....

Can blame the new ownership, but the reality is that a lot of positive new band fans either left because they were bored of the band, or turned into negative/frustrated posters. That's not our fault. :shrugs:

Or that so many threads turned into page after page of people going back and forth tossing insults at one another that it becomes pointless to even attempt to have a discussion. See some of the views expressed in this thread for more.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198999-any-chance-you-could-ban-the-cupcakes/

I know in the thread the issue was discussed of looking at this behavior, and it's not that I doubt that. But, it's just after some time of that, it may have acted as a deterrent to some from trying to engage in sincere, fruitful discussions about the band.

Ali

Or that so many threads turned into page after page of people going back and forth tossing insults at one another that it becomes pointless to even attempt to have a discussion. See some of the views expressed in this thread for more.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198999-any-chance-you-could-ban-the-cupcakes/

I know in the thread the issue was discussed of looking at this behavior, and it's not that I doubt that. But, it's just after some time of that, it may have acted as a deterrent to some from trying to engage in sincere, fruitful discussions about the band.

Ali

You are the biggest cupcake on here. Ali, your ass kissing Jarmo impression doesn't fool me.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Or you could just join a pearl jam forum..

Also, that single sounds like a poor man's, watered down motorhead!

I'll be honest, the pearl jam forum, or any other band forum, isn't nearly as active as this one. They have ONE thread for the new album an hour after it was announced. If GnR announced a new album, there would be 15 as soon as they announced they were announcing something, and then 5 more afterwards.

Releases official bootlegs? Check.

Sells unique posters for each show? Check.

Has a fan-club that's actually worthwhile? Check.

Changes the set list every show? Check.

Consistently releases new music? CHECK.

PEARL JAM, MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!

Or you could just join a pearl jam forum..

Also, that single sounds like a poor man's, watered down motorhead!

I'll be honest, the pearl jam forum, or any other band forum, isn't nearly as active as this one. They have ONE thread for the new album an hour after it was announced. If GnR announced a new album, there would be 15 as soon as they announced they were announcing something, and then 5 more afterwards.

Probably because to Pearl Jam fans it's more of a "Sweet, the new album is coming out this year! Looking forward to it; Backspacer was pretty good." Whereas for us Gn'R fans it's more of "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE FOLLOWUP TO CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS ACTUALLY COMING OUT AND IT ISN'T 14 YEAR LATER?? HOLY FUCK IT'S HAPPENING GUYS!!!!!!!!!!"

that New Pearl Jam song sucks

It sounds like a complete rip off of Spin The Black Circle which is an old song of theirs

I used to like Pearl Jam alot, but since Vitalogy they have put out nothing but crap

at least Axl has only put out 1 Album since their "hey" day

Pearl Jam continues to put out crappy music