Population Override is my favorite Bucket album, but there are so many other great albums by him. And in different styles, so it's hard to really compare them. It's still Bucket, but oftentimes it's very different.

Will be easier to answer: "what's your favorite chill Bucket album?" or "what's your favorite metal Bucket album?".

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I know him mainly from guns (of course) and other collabo's he did (some of soundtracks like Ghosts of Mars, Johnny Mnemonic, Last action hero, ...). I watched a lot of his live performances on youtube, but never got around to his solo albums which I gather are a lot! I will keep an eye out on this thread to see what people like most. :)

I really like the Travis Dickerson albums like Pop. Override and Dragons Of Eden- nice to see them getting love.

The Cobrastrike albums...

Praxis Mutatis Mutandis or one of the live sets is a good go to...

Cuckoo Clocks Of Hell is a good fallback for the heavy shit...

too many albums and too many sounds to narrow it down to one or even half a dozen, and I'm not up to speed either

What album would you all suggest for someone who isn't a BH fan, based mainly on his time spent in Guns, but is willing to give him a try? Nothing too "out there".

You can't go far wrong starting with some his mellow albums. As already mentioned in this thread - Electric Tears, Colma, Population Override - All fantastic albums that anyone could appreciate.

As far as heavier stuff that isn't too "out there" - Here's a good example of the kind of great stuff he's releasing these days. From a few weeks ago - Pike 51

• Like 1

Thanks DCK for the suggestions! I always felt like I was missing something because I wasn't a BH fan and so many people here are. I'm definitely leaning towards a "mellow-er" sound of his. I'm going to check it out.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Thanks DCK for the suggestions! I always felt like I was missing something because I wasn't a BH fan and so many people here are. I'm definitely leaning towards a "mellow-er" sound of his. I'm going to check it out.

I know you've been quite vocal about your dislike of Bucket over the years, so it's nice to see you're at least willing to give some of his stuff a chance now B-)

If you dig the albums he mentioned, check out Captain EO's Voyage and A Real Diamond In the Rough.

Edited by RickRoses