Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I've just seen Lord of the Flies for the first time. It was pretty good.

I remember getting in trouble at school because I could not stop laughing when they dropped the rock on the fat kids head.

:lol: I must admit that I thought that was the highlight of the movie.

Wings of Desire was beautiful. It's a quiet, lyrical film that captures the experience of being human. Very existentialist, which might turn off those who prefer a straight forward narrative. If anything, it should be seen for its black and white cinematography, which was highly influenced by German expressionism..

Naturally, the film was remade in 1998 and starred Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan :laugh:

-Kickingthehabit

Wings of Desire was beautiful. It's a quiet, lyrical film that captures the experience of being human. Very existentialist, which might turn off those who prefer a straight forward narrative. If anything, it should be seen for its black and white cinematography, which was highly influenced by German expressionism..

Naturally, the film was remade in 1998 and starred Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan :laugh:

-Kickingthehabit

Great film.

I made a blind buy after seeing Wenders' Paris, Texas, which is also great.

-Kickingthehabit

Great film.

I made a blind buy after seeing Wenders' Paris, Texas, which is also great.

You guys seriously need to see The Goalkeeper's Fear of the Penalty Kick

Most of the films Angelica mentions above are amazing. Nice to see some Sam Fuller love.

anyone see milk yet? it was really sweet. even though i'm not gay, it made me want to be in the castro during 80's. just to see that social revolution beginning.

It's not out here till Friday. It's on my list of movies to see though. How was Emile Hirsch? He's my pick as the next big star.

Is no one else here familiar with the classic 90s drama series Homicide: Life on the Street? I know there are a lot of fans of The Wire. It was originally based on a book that was written by David Simon. It was utterly brilliant.

Anyone?

I'll be in the mood for plaguing the gentleman friend with the obligatory anniversary romantic film fest later this afternoon, after I've gone to the video rental place. :heart: Recommendations please, and bear in mind my idea of romance tends to end up involving sadomasochism, wittiness, authority figure conflict, adolescent homoerotica, blood, psychosis, a Leonard Cohen soundtrack, necrophilia, criminally deranged tendencies, ageplay or any elaborate mixture of the above.