Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Angie Sheri comes back as a Zombie and dry humps Michael back to life.

People are already bitching about it for the stupidest fucking shit ever and it's in pre-production!

Like my god. I get the hate for Sheri Moon but do people realize the only reason Jamie Lee Curtis has a career is because Mommy was in Psycho? It's not like she was ever speaking through her child going "Kill them mommy, kill them"

Don't worry Angie Sheri comes back as a Zombie and dry humps Michael back to life.

People are already bitching about it for the stupidest fucking shit ever and it's in pre-production!

Like my god. I get the hate for Sheri Moon but do people realize the only reason Jamie Lee Curtis has a career is because Mommy was in Psycho? It's not like she was ever speaking through her child going "Kill them mommy, kill them"

I'm bitching about it because sequels are generally (though not always) worse than what preceeded them and what preceeded this was wretched. I'm sorry, but I hate what Zombie did to Halloween on every concievable level. JLC was a fairly decent actress, especially for the genre she started out in. Sheri doesn't bother me too much one way or another, but she's hardly fairly decent.

I'm surprised there isn't more fans of Get Carter. Is it well known outside the U.K.? It's one of the greatest films in my eyes. Michael Caine has such a great catalogue of films:

:unsure: I'm sure there are. Including me.

That's good to hear.

I want to watch Uncle Buck, i've never seen it in years.

I love that movie :]

Yeah I loved it when I was yonger but havn't seen it in years. Another great actor gone before him time though (John Candy).

Love the drill scene its classic

Yeah it's the scene most people bring up. One of my favourite bit's is the golf club scene just after, and when I was a kid the part when they make the giant pancake.

Wonderland will always be my favorite Kilmer movie.

Val once told Chuck Klosterman that because of his acting method, he can inhabit the minds of druggies like John Holmes and Jim Morrsion and understand addiction better then they ever could, despite the fact that he's never tried drugs. Such a zany personality that Kilmer is.

No way, Doc Holiday in Tombstone is by far his best part.

I watched Black Snake Moan and Stakeout today, Sam L. Jackson is on fine form in BSM and Christina Ricci looks cute (even though she portrays an 'easy' girl). Stakeout was funny in places, i'd like to see a film where Emillo Esteves and Charlie Sheen co-headline.

If you wanna see that then check out the film Men at Work. They star in it together. I recall liking it in that cheesy kind of way.

Wonderland will always be my favorite Kilmer movie.

Val once told Chuck Klosterman that because of his acting method, he can inhabit the minds of druggies like John Holmes and Jim Morrsion and understand addiction better then they ever could, despite the fact that he's never tried drugs. Such a zany personality that Kilmer is.

No way, Doc Holiday in Tombstone is by far his best part.

Doc wouldn't even be in my top five favorite Kilmer roles.

Tombstone bored the shit out of me as much as Costner's Wyatt Earp did.

Valkyrie director Bryan Singer has defended his decision to let the non-German cast of the World War II movie use their native accents in the film - insisting it would be less authentic if they tried to fake it.

Some critics have questioned Singer's decision to allow American Tom Cruise and Brits Tom Wilkinson and Kenneth Branagh use their native tongue in the film, even though they play German characters.

But the filmmaker argues they would have sounded stupid and unrealistic attempting to impersonate Germans.

He tells the New York Times, "If everyone was trying to do German accents, the risk of it feeling false was really high.

"It would make no sense. Why would they be speaking in German accents? They're German."

wat

-Kickingthehabit

I'm bitching about it because sequels are generally (though not always) worse than what preceeded them and what preceeded this was wretched. I'm sorry, but I hate what Zombie did to Halloween on every concievable level. JLC was a fairly decent actress, especially for the genre she started out in. Sheri doesn't bother me too much one way or another, but she's hardly fairly decent.

Oh, I understand legit things to bitch about. But I mean people did the same thing with FT13th re-make when it was pre-production saying it was going to be a epic failure. No, I understand the hate for RZ's Halloween for legitate reasons the redneck sleaze is what he's good at and people either love it or hate it. It's not like I dislike JLC it's just the reason "Oh why does Sheri have to be in RZ's movies" For her lack of experience I'd say Sheri's good and she's made a good transition from being crazy in Corpses and Rejects and showing she can be a caring mother.

Legitate criticism if fine but when you're grasping straws it's just like bleh.

Oh, and I didn't mean you bitching about RZ's Halloween since you've made legit points why the film sucks.

Valkyrie director Bryan Singer has defended his decision to let the non-German cast of the World War II movie use their native accents in the film - insisting it would be less authentic if they tried to fake it.

Some critics have questioned Singer's decision to allow American Tom Cruise and Brits Tom Wilkinson and Kenneth Branagh use their native tongue in the film, even though they play German characters.

But the filmmaker argues they would have sounded stupid and unrealistic attempting to impersonate Germans.

He tells the New York Times, "If everyone was trying to do German accents, the risk of it feeling false was really high.

"It would make no sense. Why would they be speaking in German accents? They're German."

wat

-Kickingthehabit

wat.jpg

wat

-Kickingthehabit

wat.jpg

:rofl-lol: Literally cannot breathe im laughing so hard

I'm all feverish and ill, so I've been lazing around picking out musicals to get cheered up and bouncy again all morning. Little Shop of Horrors' Feed Me (Go Get It) is playing in the background right now. :xmasssanta:

Have you seen the real Little Shop of Horrors? I keep it next to my dvd player so I can watch it at moments notice. Jack Nicholson's best role ever.

Also, if you like musicals, you should check out Cannibal: The Musical. It was the first movie ever made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone from South Park, pretty hilarious, and always catchy songs.

I'm all feverish and ill, so I've been lazing around picking out musicals to get cheered up and bouncy again all morning. Little Shop of Horrors' Feed Me (Go Get It) is playing in the background right now. :xmasssanta:

Have you seen the real Little Shop of Horrors? I keep it next to my dvd player so I can watch it at moments notice. Jack Nicholson's best role ever.

I didn't quite grasp Murray's role until I saw the earlier, non-musical version. Still, I'm a sucker for rock musicals, and while some minor roles like that weren't as ticklingly funny as in the earlier version, the songs made it for me. :heart:

All suggestions duly noted, but suspended until I replay the Jekyll & Hyde soundtrack a few more dozen times, by the way.

Edited by nameless_girl