Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....until I replay the Jekyll & Hyde soundtrack a few more dozen times, by the way.

*Starts singing/playing the Sebastian Bach cover of This Is The Moment.....*

Sebastian Bach - This Is The Moment

Well, congratulations. You've successfully gotten me to stop. :xmasssanta:

Hey, it could be worse!

Behold!

David Hasselhoff - This Is The Moment

I just wanted to complain about the fact you can't find a good movie in stores if you try. Over the past couple days I've probably been to 7 stores looking for movies. We're snowed in out this way, so I figured it would give me time to catch up and whatever.

No where in Massachusetts can you find anything by Hitchcock or John Ford. I find a crappy copy of Dial M for Murder (which I had already) at an FYE, and Ford's Grapes of Wrath. I grabbed it again because it had some commentaries on it. Commentaries sucked, but it's still a fantastic movie.

But yeah, Psycho, Vertigo, ...Train, nothing by Hitchcock, couldn't even find Drums Along the Mohawk by John Ford. I thought for sure FYE would have the Ford box set, since it's like 400$ and doesn't take up much shelf space, but nope. After giving up on them, I move on to Chaplin. I found a crappy tin gift box with some public domain stuff not worth my money and nothing more. There's probably 300 titles available between Ford, Hitch and Chaplin, that's like a 1:100 ratio for availability.

Do you know why every movie sucks now? Because you can't find a good movie to compare it to. And people will accept crap when all they've ever seen is crap.

Just venting.

Trans Siberian is one train you shouldn't miss.

I agree, I saw it at a film festival back in October.

It didn't quite work out like I thought it would, but it scared the shit out of me. I saw Eastern Promises other day so I'm in a certain frame of mind. Like avoid russian mafia at all costs.