Film Thread

ssiscool

I liked the Grindhouse experience as a *whole*. This seperate films with no fake trailers bullshit annoys me endlessly.

It was okay but I have to say Robert Rodriguez has fallen a long way from the days of El Mariachi and Desperado. I'd rather take a course about maverick filmmaking from him than sit through another one of his movies. I'm also sick and tired of tarantino's love affair with 70's b-movies. I hope this was his last little indulgent love letter to that era. He also made Kurt Russell cry (!). That was unacceptable.

Grindhouse was such bullshit. It was a conscious decision by the majors to discredit independent filmmakers. Sort of a "haha, look, everything these guys did was a joke". I've got to admit though, it worked. Suddenly there was more of an interest in so-called "B-movies", but for all the wrong reasons.

I abhor Grindhouse and all it stands for.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the Grindhouse experience as a *whole*. This seperate films with no fake trailers bullshit annoys me endlessly.

It was okay but I have to say Robert Rodriguez has fallen a long way from the days of El Mariachi and Desperado. I'd rather take a course about maverick filmmaking from him than sit through another one of his movies. I'm also sick and tired of tarantino's love affair with 70's b-movies. I hope this was his last little indulgent love letter to that era. He also made Kurt Russell cry (!). That was unacceptable.

Grindhouse was such bullshit. It was a conscious decision by the majors to discredit independent filmmakers. Sort of a "haha, look, everything these guys did was a joke". I've got to admit though, it worked. Suddenly there was more of an interest in so-called "B-movies", but for all the wrong reasons.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said. B)

The recent Grindhouse or early Grindhouse?

Recent I can understand.

Early Grindhouse is something you need an aquired taste to appreciate. It's blood sweat and tears of Independt people trying to make it. Not all Make up Director's turned into George Romero or Tom Savini. It was probably the earliest showing of explotation in the states anyway I think Europe had it maybe during the late 60's.

Grindhouse makes had worse budget and acess than Carpenter did with Halloween and unlike Curtis she wasn't handed a acting job since her mom was in Psycho.

No Grindhouse=No movies like 8MM and Se7en.

If you mean the new recent stuff than that's something entirely different.

You weren't kidding about low budget.

The girl who gets gutted inside's looked like giant beets.

Why does he have a super sized Ax or meat clever? :lol:

I'll look for it in a video store near me though

Edited by Spuffy78

Wonderland will always be my favorite Kilmer movie.

Val once told Chuck Klosterman that because of his acting method, he can inhabit the minds of druggies like John Holmes and Jim Morrsion and understand addiction better then they ever could, despite the fact that he's never tried drugs. Such a zany personality that Kilmer is.

The recent Grindhouse or early Grindhouse?

Recent I can understand.

Early Grindhouse is something you need an aquired taste to appreciate. It's blood sweat and tears of Independt people trying to make it. Not all Make up Director's turned into George Romero or Tom Savini. It was probably the earliest showing of explotation in the states anyway I think Europe had it maybe during the late 60's.

Grindhouse makes had worse budget and acess than Carpenter did with Halloween and unlike Curtis she wasn't handed a acting job since her mom was in Psycho.

No Grindhouse=No movies like 8MM and Se7en.

If you mean the new recent stuff than that's something entirely different.

Oh I know. I was talking about the new movie called Grindhouse. I was trained by Kaufman and Corman, I'm well aware of the groundbreaking filmmaking done for the double feature exploitation films.

On a side note, Savini: Very talented guy, but the biggest jerk you could ever talk to.

Edited by dann

He's bi-polar. Like legit bi-polar.

At one convention he signed my cop of his version of Night Of The Living Dead and threw it at me at another one a year later we talked for a good hour or so.

It really depends.

Robert Englund is probably the nicest guy at convention's and really just loves the fan's.

I tried talking to him about Bloodwave, and he had no idea he had even done that movie, and he was so shitty to my wife she quit doing special effects. He's probably just bitter that Nicotero is the go to guy now a days, and rightfully so.

I think he's bitter than there's a lot more CGI need than there is make up. Which is why I think he retired also. Thing he's more well known for the stuff he's done being a bit more popular not to mention him being a dick spreads like wildfire.

I can't remember but there's this one flick where he plays a Vampire and he said he really regretted doing that.

If your wife is good with the make up she shouldn't quit because Savini's a dick.

Yeah I did. It was genius.

Not as good as European Gigolo but it finds Rob Sneider in a meditative mood. Big Stan is right up there with Fred Claus.

It was like Prison Vacation.

Also, saw Black Book (wildly ennertaining), Eastern Promisies - brutal, Chuck Norris fans might be impressed.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
We're watching Schindler's List in English class. So far it's a very good movie.

:lol: I always laughed when that asshole was standing on his balcony shooting people who weren't working. That's the best part of the movie.

We're watching Schindler's List in English class. So far it's a very good movie.

:lol: I always laughed when that asshole was standing on his balcony shooting people who weren't working. That's the best part of the movie.

You sick fuck!

We watched in History as we were doing a unit on the Holocaust which was quite depressing...

Watching the film cheered actually cheered us up as we didn't have to read shocking accounts of what happened!