ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull

Fine, but way too much CGI...

I'll be watching that sometime soon.

Do yourself a favour and don't bother... for an Indiana Jones film it's fucking awful. Try and pretend the series finished with the Last Crusade.

I wish I could. :(

I barely escaped it's grasp... :confused:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've seen the Swedish film Män som hatar kvinnor (Men Who Hate Women). Very good. Almost as good as the book. I look forward to the next film, which would be Flickan som lekte med elden.

Last night the wife and I had a Hannibal marathon. Watched all four Hannibal movies. All in the proper order of course. Hannibal Rising, Red Dragon, Silence Of The Lambs, then Hannibal.

You should check out Manhunter. Its basically Red Dragon with a different name and was made before Silence Of The Lambs.

Je Vais Bien Ne T'en Fais Pas aka Don't Worry, I'm Fine is a really good French drama with Melanie Laurent. Totally worth tracking down.

Polanski's Repulsion is also fantastic! I never expected a movie from the 60's to give me the spooks, but this one did. It may even be one of the most disturbing movies I've seen. Very psychological.

Last night the wife and I had a Hannibal marathon. Watched all four Hannibal movies. All in the proper order of course. Hannibal Rising, Red Dragon, Silence Of The Lambs, then Hannibal.

You should check out Manhunter. Its basically Red Dragon with a different name and was made before Silence Of The Lambs.

The best of all by a long way

Yeah, I saw a short part of it. I want to see the whole thing sometime.

Death Proof > Planet Terror

/postfail

Planet Terror is entertaining all the way through.

Death Proof is boring aside from the ending.

I thought the exact opposite. I enjoyed Death Proof the whole way through, but thought Planet Terror was quite boring up until near the end. I change my score for Death Proof to 8/10 and Planet Terror to 6.5/10.

/postfail

I thought the exact opposite. I enjoyed Death Proof the whole way through, but thought Planet Terror was quite boring up until near the end. I change my score for Death Proof to 8/10 and Planet Terror to 6.5/10.

Fair dues! I disliked the end of Death Proof. Thought it would be better to have just ended with Stuntman Mike in the hospital and it pans away to the carpark and ends with his car driving away hinting that he was still at large.

Thought Planet Terror was a great zombie flick, very tongue in cheek but self aware at the same time.

However Machete looks to be better then both of them based on the fake trailer. I only hope the finished product is as good!

/postfail

However Machete looks to be better then both of them based on the fake trailer. I only hope the finished product is as good!

Absolutely. I thought the fake trailer looked great. Can't wait until the full movie. It's a shame they aren't planning on making Werewolf Women of the SS though. :lol:

I saw The Final Destination on Friday night, the 3-D was a factor but I missed quite a few 'moments' but the glasses they gave us were cool. I think the first one is probably the best but the 3rd had Mary Elizabeth Winstead, decisions decisions decisions.

Oh I watched Meet Dave too at around 5am, it's not fantastic but it has it's moments. I don't know why Eddie Murphy gets a bad review everytime he releases a new film nowadays.