Film Thread

ssiscool

Guest Sweet Tooth
Oh I watched Meet Dave too at around 5am, it's not fantastic but it has it's moments. I don't know why Eddie Murphy gets a bad review everytime he releases a new film nowadays.

He has a lot to live up to, Raw and Delirious are in-fucking-credible. I still haven't seen the Hangover, I wanna check that out...either tonight or tomorrow (hopefully!).

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched:

All in the Game - Ray Winstone, Danny Dyer, Roy Marsden....brilliant performances but especially Mr Ray 'I'm the fuckin Daddy around 'ere" Winstone.

Schindlers List - Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson...never seen it before...it was...ummm...engaging...stunted me in sheer...i dunno what at times...just...i dunno, a brilliant piece of cinema, nice to see Spielberg is a capable guy for once, living up to the name and all that goes with it...i dunno...that scene, "i coulda saved more, this car, this ring, two people, 5 people"...shit maannn.. i dunno, i dunno, i dunno...the scene standing above the ghetto being liquidated, overlooking that hill with the fire flashes of the guns...the ladies in the gas chamber...the scene with Goethe or Goth or Go Get Fucked You Sack Of Nazi Shit pickin off people at random...very VERY powerful cinema, a 10 if ever i saw one...one of those movies you leave a part of yourself behind after watching...or at least i did...on any normal subject my inate prediliction towards being different (sometimes motivelessly) would kick in and say exclude the ending scene with the REAL Schindlers Jews but on this occassion i found myself incapable of being so clinical and detached in my judgement.

Edited by dirtylenny

Watched:

All in the Game - Ray Winstone, Danny Dyer, Roy Marsden....brilliant performances but especially Mr Ray 'I'm the fuckin Daddy around 'ere" Winstone.

Schindlers List - Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson...never seen it before...it was...ummm...engaging...stunted me in sheer...i dunno what at times...just...i dunno, a brilliant piece of cinema, nice to see Spielberg is a capable guy for once, living up to the name and all that goes with it...i dunno...that scene, "i coulda saved more, this car, this ring, two people, 5 people"...shit maannn.. i dunno, i dunno, i dunno...the scene standing above the ghetto being liquidated, overlooking that hill with the fire flashes of the guns...the ladies in the gas chamber...the scene with Goethe or Goth or Go Get Fucked You Sack Of Nazi Shit pickin off people at random...very VERY powerful cinema, a 10 if ever i saw one...one of those movies you leave a part of yourself behind after watching...or at least i did...on any normal subject my inate prediliction towards being different (sometimes motivelessly) would kick in and say exclude the ending scene with the REAL Schindlers Jews but on this occassion i found myself incapable of being so clinical and detached in my judgement.

I saw it once and have no desire to watch it again; that is how sad it is.

The girl in red. :(

Polanski's Repulsion is also fantastic! I never expected a movie from the 60's to give me the spooks, but this one did. It may even be one of the most disturbing movies I've seen. Very psychological.

Indeed. I couldn't get through on my two first viewings, it really creeped me the hell out in a way no other movie ever has.

Polanski's Repulsion is also fantastic! I never expected a movie from the 60's to give me the spooks, but this one did. It may even be one of the most disturbing movies I've seen. Very psychological.

Indeed. I couldn't get through on my two first viewings, it really creeped me the hell out in a way no other movie ever has.

It definitely has something...

I just watched Rosemary's Baby and felt it was going rather brilliantly until the final scene. For something so psychologically compelling to turn into a one-dimensional campfest really takes the piss out of everything that happened before. I'm surprised at how much critical acclaim the movie has gotten. I mean, it could have been an absolutely terrifying piece of work, but... :tongue2:

watched gangs of new york the other night, was really impressed watching there will be blood tonight

good pick of a movie to watch, I love that one.... daniel day lewis is amazing.

try watching there will be blood if you haven't.

Edited by Forsaken

Has anyone here watched "The Soloist" yet? I've seen the trailer and it looked really interesting. Any opinions?

My quick review of The Soloist

Lots of people desporately trying to win Academy Awards.

or

Tepid, predictable and manipulative.

But I'm sure there will be a few people who will gush about how heart-warming and tear jerking it was for them.