Film Thread

ssiscool

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I saw this film which I think was called Haunted in Connecticut or something like that. I liked it. I would have liked it more if it hadn't had the bullshit that it was based on a real story.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally saw Drag Me to Hell. 10/10

Oh, and my mini review for Halloween 2.

Pro's

-Brad Douriff's, Malcom, and Daielle Harris acting was much better.

-Annie(Danielle Harris) death scene was done amazingly well in between the way it was shot and the piano instrumental she was the only character I was sadened to see die

-Hospital Scene was good

-The band at the party was cool

-There wasn't a lot of gore(aside from the opening scene)

-Some of the dream sequence's were great(When Laurie is re-inacting the killing's in the first wearing the clown mask)

-There wasn't corpse fucking as someone had rumored

-The audience kept quiet so I could watch the fucking movie

-Scout and Danielle Harris :wub:

-The nod to The Rocky Horror Picture show

-The ending despite how silly Laurie looked( in the barn) was great loved having her in the white room.

Cons

-Some of the death's were overkill

-I defended that fuck wasn't every word in the first but in this one it was like...

-Douriff could've had more screen time same with Loomis

-What was the point of the Hippie?

-Laurie find's out she's Michael Myer's sister and than 2 minute's later she wants to PARTTTYYY?

-Her friends were goddamn useless and the one with the black hair was hot I didnt care for the characters

-I've defended and likely will continue defend Rob using Sheri Moon in his movie's if she has some use. Other than flashbacks she wasn't needed

- A white Horse!?

-What purpose did the Hippie guy we saw for 10 second's serve?

-Was I also confused about the time line in this? The tv's were grainy showing music from the 70's but you have a Hippie who looks like he's in his 60's. They also had Alice Cooper and Frank Zappa stuff in the store so I couldn't tell if it was the 00's just glorifying the awesome stuff or the 70's or just the 70's and Rob added a random hippie

-Him eating the dog?(How it affected Laurie I'll give them that it was good but still un-necessary) I'd have rather seen him eat Garbage from a fast food joint

-It felt really fucking fast and not in a good way because there's a lot of actors I like in this film

-They were some preppy kids who have to have a opinion or shout thing's at every silly thing which didn't entirely ruin it for me but I actually was tempted to yell back at them

-They let some guy and his 9 year old in and he would say (Is she really dead, did they kill the doggie, is that real blood) ffs if you wana see this and have a kid get a babysister.

Watched Carry On Again Doctor last night. Although owing to the bag of skunk i had with me whilst watching i'm goddamned if I can tell you what its about, i think i even missed a chunk in the middle, like 10/15 mins or so. Hate when that happens.

Watching The Harder They Come right now, seen it a million times before but goddamn if it ain't a cool movie :):)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Last days I've seen a couple of films. The Wresler was better than I thought it would be.

The third Butterfly effect was okay. Better than the second, not as good as the first.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was a disappointment to me. Thought it would be better.

Role Models was a shitty comedy. I hope none of you have seen that shit.

Beowulf was better than I had expected, as everyone always says it sucked. Maybe it's just me, but I liked it.

CHIST LAST WEEK I WAS CHUCKED IN A CELL FROM FRIDATY TILL MONDAY I THINK ITS CALLED A WEEKENDER ANYWSAYS IT DOESNT DESERVE ITS OWN THREAD COZ IM SHY BUT I THIOUGH I SHOULD TELL YOU GUYS IT WAS LIKE 4 WALLS 4 2 NIGHTS N ALLL YOU HAD TOO DO WSAS BEG YOURSELF TOO SLEEP N I WAS THINKING ABOUT HERTE N ALL TOO GET MY MIND OFF THINGS IT WAS HELL N THEY REFUSED MY MEDS N EVERYTHING I AM NOT WANTING TOOO DO THAT AGAIN I KNOW ITS NOT MY THREAD N I DONT THINK I DESERVE A THREAD BUT I GOOTA RANT SOMEWHERE IT WAS THE WORST I DUNNO IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN TRAPPED INTO 4 WALLS FOR SO LONG BEGGING 4 WATER N GETTING FISH CAKES HANDED TOO YOU IT WAS HELL..........................ON KEEPING WITH THE TOPIC THOUGH I AM WILLING TOO SELLL THE MOVIE RIGHTS IT COULD BE A VERY EFECTING PYCOLOGICAL TRIP, WITH LOTS OF CRYING......MAN I WAS A PUSS PUSS BUT IT WAS HELL YKNOW BUT I AINT GONNA START A THREAD ABOUT IT , BUT YEAH............

Last days I've seen a couple of films. The Wresler was better than I thought it would be.

The third Butterfly effect was okay. Better than the second, not as good as the first.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was a disappointment to me. Thought it would be better.

Role Models was a shitty comedy. I hope none of you have seen that shit.

Beowulf was better than I had expected, as everyone always says it sucked. Maybe it's just me, but I liked it.

no way i loved role models, paul rudd's one of my fav comedic actors of late. Best bit is when there playing the role playing game, also assassination of jesse james i thought it was a great movie, especially the soundtrack. Havent seen the butterfly effect or beowulf though

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've just seen this film Push. Not very good, not very bad. It was a mess to understand everything though. Especially since I saw it without Swedish subtitles.

Dead Girl.

Interesting concept.

But crappy actors.

Terrible ending.

Spoiler below. Anybody who has seen the movie, explain the ending to me. If you haven't seen the movie and are going to watch it, don't read the bottom of this message.

So nobody in the town notices that four teenagers are dead and nobody notices a crazy fucking killing machine running around loose?????

Funny People is a god awful cumstain of a movie.

I enjoyed it, I thought the stand up parts could have been better, most of it was just dirty jokes which is fine but a little too much here. Eric bana had a good part, funny when he showed them an AFL game.