Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to watch "Desperado" now, I really like "Once upon a time in Mexico", so I'm curious to see how this one will be.

it's twice as good at leaast. Once uopn a time in mexica was a pile of shit compared to Desperado.

:lol: Yeah, well, I wouldn't exactly talk about a pile of shit, but it was a lot better, yeah. It's not as twisted and weird as "Once upon a time in Mexico" is. Cool movie, I liked Quentin's cameo!

Edited by Spoon87

Guest floyd the barber

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1955)

It is rated 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, but it's a ridiculously retarded film.

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1955)

It is rated 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, but it's a ridiculously retarded film.

i wrote a paper on it for my sci fi class... "the invasion of the body snatchers as a metaphor for the red scare"

you can imagine how hillarious it was to use "pod people" in an academic paper ahah

Just re-watched Godfather part III. I get why a lot of people dislike it - because it definitely is not on par with the previous two films. Despite of this, I think it's an amazingly beautiful film, and a worthy finish to one of the greatest trilogies of all time. Whereas part I and II are 10/10, I think part III is easily an 8/10.

There are some really fantastic scenes too - Zasa's assassination, Anthony singing for his father, Michael's confession, let alone the last few minutes of the film, when everything just falls completely apart for Michael.

watched AI.

Outstanding performances by haley joel osmet (he should have been nominated for an oscar for this role) and frances o'connor...........I almost shed a tear, when she left him in the woods.

Edited by SunnyDRE

watched AI.

Outstanding performances by haley joel osmet (he should be nominated for an oscar for this role) and frances o'connor...........I almost shed a tear, when she left him in the woods.

I watched it one night, to be honest its was because there was nothing else to watch, brilliantly acted and a good story.I really enjoyed it

Just re-watched Godfather part III. I get why a lot of people dislike it - because it definitely is not on par with the previous two films. Despite of this, I think it's an amazingly beautiful film, and a worthy finish to one of the greatest trilogies of all time. Whereas part I and II are 10/10, I think part III is easily an 8/10.

There are some really fantastic scenes too - Zasa's assassination, Anthony singing for his father, Michael's confession, let alone the last few minutes of the film, when everything just falls completely apart for Michael.

Very much agreed. Furthermore, the movies, all three of em, at their core are sort of moralistic cautionary tales and operatic both in terms of theme and vision (i.e. grand) and as such i think they work as a single piece i.e. 3 parts of the same movie or same piece of cinema. The true gravity and intent of the entire piece is not fully realised until Michael lets out that horrific wail and further when he slums dead in his chair, in a long shot, alone like he was alone at the end of Part II with nothing but a mangy dog sniffing around his corpse, the other two movies end on a door closing, this one ends in the central characters death. Basically what i'm tryna say is that they're somewhat indivisible and part 3 in a sense elevates part 2 and 1, whether or not it is marginally inferior unto itself.

Rewatched:

The Spikes Gang - interesting little western with Lee Marvin and Ron Howard about these three kids who break away from their turgid family lives and set out looking for adventure, taking up with a bankrobber. I like it chiefly because it stars Lee Marvin and, in some ways, the important ways, it doesn't follow the formula of its ilk.

Blue Hawaii - Elvis plays a tour guide in hawaii, not a lot of plot, a helluva lot of songs and a helluva lot of Elvis and a good few pretty young ladies (who are probably pushing their 60s now :lol:) My kinda movie :)

Bad Day at Black Rock - Spencer Tracey, Robert Ryan, Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, Walter Brennan - guy turns up at this nowhere town asking questions about a murder and the whole town is kinda hostile...later you find out why...reminds me of an Inspector Calls just a smidgen. Directed by great John Sturges (yes, Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape etc)

The Proffesionals - Lee Marvin, Kirk Douglas, Claudia Cardinale, Robert Ryan, Jack Palance - Lee Marvin and the boys get hired to go on a mission to go rescue this rich dudes wife from a bunch of ruthless mexican bandits.

Anyone like Out for Justice, with Steven Seagal?

It's one of the few good films Stevie is associated with.

Indeed...He fits the role perfectly and acts pretty good in it, and that's saying something since his range is quite limited. Plus, it was filmed in the neighborhood my parents, sister and I were living in at the time it was filmed (1990-1991).

I'd like to see him have a comeback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMu2xNBpyQc

Edited by MetalForever

Anyone like Out for Justice, with Steven Seagal?

It's one of the few good films Stevie is associated with.

Indeed...He fits the role perfectly and acts pretty good in it, and that's saying something since his range is quite limited. Plus, it was filmed in the neighborhood my parents, sister and I were living in at the time it was filmed (1990-1991).

I'd like to see him have a comeback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMu2xNBpyQc

Agreed. I like the fact that he's more of an anti-hero in this film, instead of the usual zen environmentalist hero with huge contrasts to the bad-guys.

Right now, I'm debating whether I should re-watch Goodfellas or just fuck around on the internet some more.

Earlier on tonight I watched The Battle of Algiers. Masterpiece. Stunningly shot. Ferociously even-handed towards both the French and the FLN. The best film about terroism I've seen.

Edited by ADPT