Film Thread

ssiscool

Kid Galahad - Elvis Presley, Charles Bronson, Gig Young (Elvis and Charles Bronson in a boxing movie...so thats me sold 3 times over :D)

The Valachi Papers - Charles Bronson...brilliant brilliant brilliant Mafia flick with Charles Bronson as Joe Valachi, the first ever mob informer, based on his confessions...AMAZING movie, one of my favorite Bronson movies, highlights: Bronsons buddy getting his dicked chopped off with a big fuckin blade for screwing the bosses wife :lol: Fuckin Yikes!

Carry on at your Convenience - Kenneth Williams, Sid James, Charles Hawtrey, Hattie Jaques and the usual suspects as the workers in a toilet factory :rofl-lol:

The best carry on by a long way, packed from beginning to end with laughs

I haven't see The Valachi Papers

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Campbell come back as Ash more than anything.

Well they're doing another Evil Dead in 2011.

If it's a sequel, prequel or re-make I haven't a clue.

On the bright side Bruce has a big part in Spiderman 4.

Finally watched Phantasm II.

Really wish Anchor Bay will re-release that Sphere.

Edited by Spuffy78

Watched:

Showdown at Boot Hill - Charles Bronson, really early Western he did, one of his first starring roles a piece after Machine Gun Kelly

The Mechanic - Charles Bronson, Bronson plays a hitman, a funky little thriller, one of his best

Hard Times - Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Bronson plays a bare knuckle fighter, again, one of his best

Death Hunt - Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, i don't think i have to go on :xmasssanta:

Watched:

Loving You - Elvis Presley, Dolores Hart

Early Elvis movie, Elvis plays a young kid that works at a garage that makes it big as...guess what? No go on, guess. You'll never guess. Give up? Alright then I'll tell ya...why a rock n roll star of course! Goodness Gracious, who woulda thunk it? :lol: Actually, kidding aside, you can see he's really trying in this movie, god bless him and it shows. In those early days he really wanted to make a go of his film career and put in some okay performances in Love Me Tender and King Creole and Jailhouse Rock and this one too. He was a great admirer of the James Dean/Marlon Brando style of acting (although its lazy to suggest their styles were really similar) and he really seemed to be pushing to make good. Michael Curtiz directed King Creole and apparently it was a role originally meant for James Dean and you can really see Elvis pushing the boat out in terms of his acting in this movie. And he just had such natural presence which carried things off but even to the untrained eye the boy ain't an actor, just a guy that has "it" at the risk of being cornball.

Telefon - Charles Bronson

The Dirty Dozen - Charles Bronson, John Motherfuckin' Cassavetes, Donald Sutherland, Telly Savalas, Lee Marvin etc

Edited by dirtylenny

Guest floyd the barber

I just watched The Breakfast Club in school.

I loved the movie. I have no idea that making an entire movie about a day in detention would end up being so great. Yes, there are some corny '80's dances in the movie, but I liked the jokes and the main idea. Definitely one of my favorites.

Watched:

Loving You - Elvis Presley, Dolores Hart

Early Elvis movie, Elvis plays a young kid that works at a garage that makes it big as...guess what? No go on, guess. You'll never guess. Give up? Alright then I'll tell ya...why a rock n roll star of course! Goodness Gracious, who woulda thunk it? :lol: Actually, kidding aside, you can see he's really trying in this movie, god bless him and it shows. In those early days he really wanted to make a go of his film career and put in some okay performances in Love Me Tender and King Creole and Jailhouse Rock and this one too. He was a great admirer of the James Dean/Marlon Brando style of acting (although its lazy to suggest their styles were really similar) and he really seemed to be pushing to make good. Michael Curtiz directed King Creole and apparently it was a role originally meant for James Dean and you can really see Elvis pushing the boat out in terms of his acting in this movie. And he just had such natural presence which carried things off but even to the untrained eye the boy ain't an actor, just a guy that has "it" at the risk of being cornball.

Telefon - Charles Bronson

The Dirty Dozen - Charles Bronson, John Motherfuckin' Cassavetes, Donald Sutherland, Telly Savalas, Lee Marvin etc

Quite the Charlie buff of late len, good stuff

Not many films in the last 30 years would have a cast list of actors than damn good.

Quite the Charlie buff of late len, good stuff

Oh i've always been :) Intensely so. Its just every so often i have these revivals. 80% of the movies i watch is generally shit i've seen before.

point blank - lee marvin, angie dickinson...REALLY stylist crime flick, really ambivalent, really violent and brilliantly directed by John Boorman

love and bullets - charles bronson, jill ireland, rod steiger...Bronson babysits a gangsters girlfriend that he's gone sour on her

pocket money - paul newman and lee marvin as cattle brokers that get shafted

prime cut - lee marvin, sissy spacek, gene hackman, lee marvin is a mob enforcer sent to Arizona i think to collect a debt from meat tycoon and part time sex slave trader hackman who has a nasty habit of turning his enemies into hotdogs and hamburgers :lol:

gang war - REALLY early Charles Bronson movie where he plays a teacher that turns states evidence against a gangster

borderline - Bronson, Bruno Kirby and John Ashton play border guards near mexico, Bronson investigates brutal murder of his buddy

I watched "The Deer Hunter" last night, really impressive. The wedding scene dragged maybe a bit too long, but everything was just top-notch.

Robert De Niro, man, he really shined in this movie. I already loved him as an actor before I saw this movie, but with "The Deer Hunter", he really moved even higher in my actors ranking.

Christopher Walken was fantastic, too, although I always have this "Alright, Christopher Walken plays this character"-feeling when I watch him act.

Nevertheless, fantastic movie alltogether.

Robert De Niro, man, he really shined in this movie. I already loved him as an actor before I saw this movie, but with "The Deer Hunter", he really moved even higher in my actors ranking.

Bob's work during that decade is one of the finest in cinema history.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've just seen The Shawshank Redemption. Amazingly good film. Many years since last time I saw it. Actually, I think that last time I saw it, it was on a VCR-player. :lol:

I watched "The Deer Hunter" last night, really impressive. The wedding scene dragged maybe a bit too long, but everything was just top-notch.

Christopher Walken was fantastic, too, although I always have this "Alright, Christopher Walken plays this character"-feeling when I watch him act.

Nevertheless, fantastic movie alltogether.

brilliant film, yeh thought that about the wedding scene too..but then the twist was immense. The russion roulette part is one of my favourite scenes ever