Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before last month it had been about 6 years since I had seen a film at the cinema. But since I moved to England I've seen a bunch of them. I appreciate movies differently when seeing them at he cinema, probably because I pay money to see them.:D

Anyway, saw The Men Who Stare At Goats and it was insanely funny. Highly recommended.

Vals Im Bashir - (Waltz With Bashir).

A beautiful blend of animation, music, story and emotion. Powerful and though-provoking. Highly recommended. (9/10)

brilliant movie :)

Ain't been watching a lot of movies lately actually, lot of documentaries though:

The Night James Brown Saved Boston

The Source (on the beat poets)

Thats not a lot, is it? :lol: Oh yeah, watched Kissin Cousins, Elvis movie the other day :) really wanna see The Live & Times of Allen Ginsberg.

Edited by dirtylenny

Finally got around to watching Final Destination 2 last night, it's no where near as good as the first one.

Gonna watch number 3 soon, hope thats better than 2.

It is better in the same way that stepping on a pile of dog shit on a path with a grass verge to wipe it on is better than stepping on dogshit in the middle of a high street.

Finally got around to watching Final Destination 2 last night, it's no where near as good as the first one.

Gonna watch number 3 soon, hope thats better than 2.

It is better in the same way that stepping on a pile of dog shit on a path with a grass verge to wipe it on is better than stepping on dogshit in the middle of a high street.

:lol:

I see

The 4th Kind.

Couple really creepy scenes.

Overall the movie was shit, the could have made it a lot more mysterious and creepy, but they chose to make it cheesy and retarded.

i would like to see that, but... i dont know.

i beleive in a lot of things. ghosts, ufos, parrallel universes, sunnydre, but i dont believe in abductions, and that kind of ruins the movie.

went to see 'this is it'. ive been a mj fan for about 4 years so i wasnt just going for the sake of going. i enjoyed it. it wasnt quite what i expected. i think i was hoping it would be more intense, more michael dancing. it was just rehersals but i was hoping there would be a few more intense performances. billie jean for instance was a let down. no moonwalk, wtf. unless your a real fan, your better off just youtubing 'motown 25'. the movie was really more of a documentry about the crew than anything.

best part was the chick on guitar. fuck she was hot. average looks but throw in the guitar chops and jesus christ. if buckethead had been there he probably would have short circuted, especially when she started finger tapping :wub:

The Blair Witch Project

A movie that's getting rediscovered by a new generation following the success of Paranormal Activity. The backlash against this movie after it's initial hype was tremendous, so it'll be interesting to see if PA suffers the same fate. I have mixed feeling about the backlash. On first view, this movie is wholly original, well-acted, suspenseful, and genuinely creepy. However, it loses a lot of strength on repeat viewings. Much of the horror comes from the dread of the oncoming night, but once you've experienced it, and know what's going to happen, you lose a lot of that tension. I do think this film can still bring the horror, just let go of the hype. (7/10)