Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody here seen Pusher? It's a Danish film that everyone should see. It's essentially a day in the life of a low level drug dealer, and it's amazing. I highly recommend it.

Also, this past year the director of Pusher released another movie titled Bronson, which is just breathtaking. It's better than Chopper, if anybody here has seen that. If you liked a Clockwork Orange, you will love Bronson.

Yeah, the Pusher movies are really good and I also agree with you that the first one is the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here like Cop Land? I really liked Stallone's and Liotta's performances. De Niro was good too.

Sherlock Holmes looks good. Have not seen Paranormal Activity yet. I hear some say good while others like the post above say lame and terrible, so I don't know if I should see it. It will be an Inglorious day Tuesday and I Can't wait!

Edited by Death Star

So I watched 2012 last night and for entertainment it was ok.

Several things were pretty rediculous and over the top.

Spoilers below:

The main characters had nearly all conveniently crossed paths in some way or another prior to meeting up when disaster strikes.

Quite literally every single escape from danger was a last second affair; Getting the family out of the house just before it collapsed, driving away while the road collapses inches behind them and driving through a building and under bridges making it just in time, taking off in the plane as the ground vanished below them, flying between falling buildings, driving away from falling boulders and getting the back end of the RV hit but managing to keep going, finding the map just in the nick of time before the RV fell down a hole and Jackson managing to get on the plane for the second take off, then the plane escaping the dust cloud, the big Russian plane got them away in time, avoiding falling buildings again, managing to escape in the car off the plane, The hot Russian girl getting her stupid dog in time and getting inside with just enough time to flip off her boyfriend, the second fat kid being launched up into the ark door at the last second, Jackson managing to clear the jammed motor allowing the crew to fire up the engines with seconds to spare to avoid smashing into everest, and of course managing to survive his apparent suicide mission to unjam the motor.

I know it's all for the suspence and what not but it was just too much. Maybe just once they could have done something like drive of fly away with plenty of time to spare...

I was so glad when Gordon died but gutted when the hot Russian girl died. I was hoping for a while though that Gordon and the hot Russian would live and Gordon with continue his relationship with Jacksons ex while Jackson hooks up with the hot Russian.

The special effects were pretty sweet though.

Just came back from seeing Avatar in 3D.

Visually, it's amazing! I'm serious, it's simply mindblowing!

The movie itself though, is incredibly bad. Storyline, acting, dialogue - all horrible. All action movie cliches you could think of are there. Even the moments when it tries to be intelligent or dramatic just make it more pathetic.

Verdict - must see! The lines, writing and actors will make you cringe a lot, but it's absolutely worth it. Real eye-candy!

i'm still having trouble sleepin after seein paranormal activity and the 4th kind. im afraid of the dark all over again!! :lol:

jennifer's body was quite good. some classy lines like "you gave me such a wettie" - has to be used on a night out :lol:

watched the wedding singer again last night. i really love that film. adam sandler is really really good in it and such a class sound track. good good film

i'm still having trouble sleepin after seein paranormal activity and the 4th kind. im afraid of the dark all over again!! :lol:

This statement confuses me. It appears you're suggesting that you were scared by Paranormal Activity? :huh::unsure:

:lol: i was one of those who were terrified by it. its funny cos i was bored right the way through (even went for a nap half way through haha but the last ten minutes scared the fuck out of me lol