Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Desperado and Once Upon A Time in Mexico again. Fucking awesome!

I've also recently seen the Evil Dead trilogy. I'd seen the third before, but not the other ones. I thought they would all be dark comedies like that one. Sadly, I was mistaken, and the first two were actually horror (the second one had some moments: where the hand gives him the finger :lol:). Hence for me they pretty much sucked. I still have trouble understanding what people see in that genre. Anyway, Army of Darkness remains great!

Universal Soldier: Regeneration....well it is better than Return was,but still missed opportunities.

The story is quite often a mess and barely has any connection to the original,Lundgren is in it only for about 15 minutes and is even not the main baddy....no reason really him to be in this movie(has an awesome exit though) ,Van Damme spends half the movie pretty much doing nothing and has few lines , but the movie livens up when he singlehandedly starts wiping out the terrorists, fights are brutal and bloody and the camera stays still.

The movie gets a 5 or a 6 in my opinion

i watched paranormal activity last night. i hated it.

i was waiting for it to start. and then it ended.

and the girl didnt even show her tits, which is what i was really waiting for.

the only part i really liked was when she was drug off to the closet. that was pretty cool.

the demon should have took her shirt off tho. that should have been step 1.

Anyone seen Precious yet?

Yes, saw it yesterday. Must admit, it threw me a bit. I hadn't heard anything about it beforehand and so when the 'family situation' was flashed I found it quite disturbing.

Kept waiting for the happy ending, but it was all just sad and disturbing.

Good acting. Interesting parts by Mariah Carey and Lenny Kravitz. I wasn't even sure that was them until the credits.

Recently I've watched Hard Candy (Ellen Page) and Happiness (Philip Seymour Hoffman, etc). Thoroughly enjoyed them, probably won't watch Hard Candy again for a while, was rather intense lol. Laughed out loud at times throughout Happiness, particularly Hoffman and his perverted phone calls.

Edited by Monty

My new least favorite female character from a movie is George Clooney's girlfriend from Up In the Air. Douche!

Word! Fuck that bitch!! :fuckyou:

My least favorite female character from a movie is Zooey Dechanels part in 500 days of summer. I've loved all of her characters up to this point, so it was weird to suddenly hate her. :(

ok so i finally got around to watching tropic thunder and it was so good it should be illegal. seriously, there should be an investigation or something. i thought danny mcbride was one of the best characters, "big ass titties" BOOM. and obviously robert downy jr. was hilarious.

i wonder if sunnydre found it offensive? serious question.

Edited by Jackie Moon

I saw Youth In Revolt 2 nights ago. It was interesting, and I'm not entirely sure I enjoyed it. The dialogue was unrealistic, no one talks like that, but Michael Cera is just lovable. I'd have to sit through a second viewing to see whether or not I liked it.

I can't wait to see "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus". :)

Finally watched it last night and what can I say? Pretty impressive movie! I really loved it, sure, the story had a few flaws, but the acting ( Tom Waits as the Devil, how cool is that?) and the whole imagery made up for it, really astounding. Amazing pictures and "landscapes", if you can say so, that Terry Gilliam put on the screen there.

8.5/10

Just saw The Road, very good film but depressing as hell, in a good way though. I found a really effective way to get into it is to think of yourself as the child and your own dad as, well....the dad, seriously hit a chord with me.

Edited by plonker88

Yesterday around this time, the only movie I'd seen from 2009 that had really impressed me was District 9. But last night I saw Zombieland and earlier today Bad Lieutenant (with Nicholas Cage). Fucking AMAZING films! :thumbsup:

amazed by zombieland? wtf

Ok, 'fucking AMAZING' was directed more at Bad Lieutenant, but Zombieland was extremely fun and I enjoyed every moment of it!

Yesterday around this time, the only movie I'd seen from 2009 that had really impressed me was District 9. But last night I saw Zombieland and earlier today Bad Lieutenant (with Nicholas Cage). Fucking AMAZING films! :thumbsup:

amazed by zombieland? wtf

Ok, 'fucking AMAZING' was directed more at Bad Lieutenant, but Zombieland was extremely fun and I enjoyed every moment of it!

The only movie i´ve seen this year is Avatar and was great ... the landscapes are amazing in 3D ... and the movie topic reminds me the colonialist treatment europeans gave the natives in america and africa... a good philosophical and ethical point