Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else looking forward to the new Larry Clark film? It's still in pre-production, but it sounds really good:

After being found in the middle of a road, a boy is adopted by a suburban American family. The relations he establishes with each member of this family and the many social surroundings he goes to, are the beginning of a plot that will reveal the savageness that exists in every human being.

Anyone else looking forward to the new Larry Clark film? It's still in pre-production, but it sounds really good:

After being found in the middle of a road, a boy is adopted by a suburban American family. The relations he establishes with each member of this family and the many social surroundings he goes to, are the beginning of a plot that will reveal the savageness that exists in every human being.

I never heard of it ceptin' til you just got to typing about it, sounds really interesting though and i seen all else of Clarks work...whats it called? :)

It's called Savage Innocent. I didn't know about it until now either - I re-watched Wassup Rockers last night, and realized I hadn't seen anything made by Larry post Destricted from 2006, so I decided to check his IMDb profile. :) And this reminds me; I still haven't seen the film he made with James Woods, Another Day in Paradise, I believe it's called. Other than that, I've seen all his work too.

It's called Savage Innocent. I didn't know about it until now either - I re-watched Wassup Rockers last night, and realized I hadn't seen anything made by Larry post Destricted from 2006, so I decided to check his IMDb profile. :) And this reminds me; I still haven't seen the film he made with James Woods, Another Day in Paradise, I believe it's called. Other than that, I've seen all his work too.

I haven't seen Destricted either but only cuz i heard he only directed a bit of it so its not an out and out Larry Clark movie. Also i ain't seen Teenage Caveman but i've seen all the others :)

Follow That Dream - Elvis movie, Elvis plays this hick kid who lives with his father and this 19 yr old girl called Holly and these two other orphan kids that they've taken up with who decide that they're gonna homestead just off the highway and run into trouble with the authorities and a bunch of gangsters :lol: Oh, yeah, also, Elvis can sing.

Wild In The Country - Elvis movie. Elvis plays a young kid with a talent for writing but he's all screwed up and angst ridden and with a firey temper on account of having a messed up upbringing but he meets this parole ordered headshrinker woman who tries to direct his energies and talents whom he also falls in love with but things get kinda complicated. Oh, yeah, also, Elvis can sing.

Girls Girls Girls - Elvis movie. Elvis plays a young fisherman trying to buy back his dads big ol' fishing boat off the guy that bought up the boat when his old man died and the harbor was run by this kind elderly couple who decide to let Elvis use his old mans boat and fish with it until they have to sell the boat which is where the need to buy it back comes from. There's a love interest that figures into the story too. Oh yeah, also, Elvis can sing. Not that these movies are formulaic or anything, oh Lord no :lol:

Oldboy - Crazy ass korean flick about a guy that finds himself inexplicably imprisoned for 15 years in this one room. With literally no explanation at all as to why. 15 years later, he's let out and he goes on a rampage to find out why. Really brutal, really nutty, really plot twistey and generally really very very VERY good movie. Highly Reccomended.

The Big Red One - Lee Marvin, follows the exploits of Lee Marvins character and his platoon (what lives of em) through all the hairest points of WW2, again, SERIOUSLY fucking good movie, possibly the best war movie i've ever seen and that ain't an accolade i hand out. I call it possibly the best chiefly because it has a perfect balance of all the best elements of all the war movies i've seen ever...the brutality, the pointlessness, the ridiculousness, the absurdity, the humor made all the more jarring by sudden tragedy, it has it all. Where movies like Apocalypse Now concentrate primarily of evoking a sort of hallucinogenic quality to war and Full Metal Jacket tries to create a sort of tempered insanity this movie does both those things and even goes a step further towards the poigniant aspect without getting too mushy or taking sides. It really is an incredible piece of cinema, made by the great Sam Fuller himself. HIGHLY reccomended, GOAB, you gotta take a shot at this title man, seriously.

Pineapple Express - Great movie, so silly and cool characters.

Zombieland - The funniest and probably best film i've seen in this year. Woody Harrelson is hilarious.

Eagle Eye - Confusing, a lot of running

Saw - The first one is actually decent, i don't like the rest.

Ghost Town - I don't think i'm a fan of Ricky Gervais, feel good movie though.

The Phantom - Funny, who knew a horse and a wolf could be friends.

Spiderman - Possibly the best comic book adaption ever, imo.

Good Will Hunting - I didn't think Matt Damon's character could be anymore of a d!ck than in 'The Departed' but hey, Robin Williams saver.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/

http://jalopnik.com/5377128/new-red-dawn-movie-blows-detroit-away

So I guess they're remaking Red Dawn and filming it in Detroit, depicting a modern invasion of the US by Russian and Chinese soldiers. I'm actually curious to see how this turns out, the original was pretty cool for its time but I feel like an updated modern version could be really eerie and fucked up, I mean think about what it would actually be like to experience ground war on US soil today. i dunno i guess we'll see

Edited by sweetness

I'm watching it tomorrow night and I've heard that it is. My brother (who is 25) watched it and slept with the light on the night of. My other brother watched it last night and was also freaked out. My parents watched it tonight and they both said it was crazy.

I can't wait until tomorrow when I watch it with my friend. I guarantee I'll have to sleep with the light on or something.

Pineapple Express - Great movie, so silly and cool characters.

Zombieland - The funniest and probably best film i've seen in this year. Woody Harrelson is hilarious.Eagle Eye - Confusing, a lot of running

Saw - The first one is actually decent, i don't like the rest.

Ghost Town - I don't think i'm a fan of Ricky Gervais, feel good movie though.

The Phantom - Funny, who knew a horse and a wolf could be friends.

Spiderman - Possibly the best comic book adaption ever, imo.

Good Will Hunting - I didn't think Matt Damon's character could be anymore of a d!ck than in 'The Departed' but hey, Robin Williams saver.

I watched it last night. I didn't find it particulary that entertaining. All it is a *insert random 360 zombie killing game* brought to film.

Also, Spiderman #2 is the best superhero movie, period.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Am I the only one who thought that Paranormal Activity was an overrated piece of crap ?

There are like 5 "OMG" moments in the whole movie...at most.

Only one of which is really scary.

Half of the movie is just them talking about how last night was creepy... :thumbsdown:

Thought "The Haunting in Connecticut" was way scarier than...this absolute piece of crap.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who feels that way :confused:

Fun in Acapulco - Elvis Presley..Elvis plays a former acrobat with an uncanny knack for singing who finds himself in Acapulco in search of a plot...and a storyline :lol:

It Happened At Worlds Fair - Elvis Presley..Elvis plays one half of a duo of freelance down on their luck crop duster pilots who happen upon the worlds fair in Seattle where Elvis helps a little Chinese girl find her uncle Walter and falls in love with a chick and tries to scratch together some money to keep their plane out of hock. Oh...and he can sing :D