Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Apollo
I can see a lot of people getting sucked into watching it though because its a Tarantino film.

Pure honest question ----- are you saying that negatively, or just saying it because Tarantino is a"known" director?

I only ask as on some of the movie forums I frequent, any time somebody becomes popular or succesful - they tend to start drawing people who hate them specifically (it seems) because they have received some acclaim and success.

When somebody is an up and coming (director, writer, actor) and still somewhat unkown, maybe a cult hero ,.... then they are idolized and loved. But as soon as they become popular and the mainstream finds out about them . . . then the same people who loved them before, now can't stand them!!!! Some people feel (even subconsciously) that if they associate themselves with what the general public (sheep) like - then that lowers their own intelligence level.

Tarantino is a classic example. The same people that loved him after Res Dog and Pulp Fiction, now can't stand him. Even though he's the SAME guy, making the movies that he wants to make!!! The only difference is that now the mainstream audience knows about him.

It's irritating. I could care less who writes, directs or stars in a movie. Or if my 12 year old neighbor likes it or not - has no effect on if I like it or not. Who wrote it, how much hype it gets, who stars in it - all that is irrelevant. The overall quality of the output is the only thing that should matter.

I"M NOT SAYING THATS what are you doing!!!!!

I watched Commando with Arnie the other night, hilarious. I'm in the middle of the Indianna Jones films at the moment, got i've got the third and fourth to watch. They're not bad, I think I prefer the second at the moment.

That's wierd. I watched Commando the other night night. And the Indianna Jones movies last night and the night before.

I watched Commando with Arnie the other night, hilarious. I'm in the middle of the Indianna Jones films at the moment, got i've got the third and fourth to watch. They're not bad, I think I prefer the second at the moment.

That's wierd. I watched Commando the other night night. And the Indianna Jones movies last night and the night before.

That is quite weird as I watched the third and fourth Indiana Jones films today.

Inglorious Basterds was a very good movie. QT did an excellent job of implementing some of the styles and themes of the Leone films -- I couldn't shake the feeling that the Jew Hunter was really Angel Eyes, especially in the opening scene. This is my second favorite dialog of any of his movies, and I loved the slow build of anticipation (usually via Waltz).

Eli Roth is sort of a douche.

Edited by AbominableHoman

Roth come's off as one in his acting which he can't do so there's a pattern in his role's.

From Cabin Fever, 2001 Maniacs, and IB he play's a douche bag because he doesn't know what else to do acting wise.

He's surprisingly intelligent he did a interview with Fox News and he's talking about how the time's relovle around Horror and is really laid back and seems like a cool guy.

He much like RZ can't act or write well.

Edited by Spuffy78

Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull

Fine, but way too much CGI...

I'll be watching that sometime soon. The Last Crusade is alright. Sean Connery is funny, I still think the second is the best so far. I also watched Total Recall for a laugh and it worked.

Having a laugh are you!

Personally I think Temple of Doom is the worst of the original 3 films by far. Didn't find the story or characters compelling especially the bad guys. Each to their own I guess...

Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull

Fine, but way too much CGI...

I'll be watching that sometime soon. The Last Crusade is alright. Sean Connery is funny, I still think the second is the best so far. I also watched Total Recall for a laugh and it worked.

Having a laugh are you!

Personally I think Temple of Doom is the worst of the original 3 films by far. Didn't find the story or characters compelling especially the bad guys. Each to their own I guess...

Last Crusade > Lost Arc > Temple of Doom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crystal Skull