Film Thread

ssiscool

I saw 10,000 BC at the weekend. Not bad, quite funny and dramatic. Suppose I'll see The Golden Compass next week. Nicole is parading her rack again. Dead Calm 2, please.

I saw 10,000 BC at the weekend. Not bad, quite funny and dramatic. Suppose I'll see The Golden Compass next week. Nicole is parading her rack again. Dead Calm 2, please.

I saw Repo Man other night. This is basically Death Proof of the 90s.

I caught Demolition Man on Cinemax. Funny action comedy set in the future.

"I'm gonna make you regret that for the rest of your life, all 2 seconds of it" - maybe misquote but close enough.

Repo Man and Demolition Man both rock. Repo Man is better than Death Proof by a country mile.

"Past is over John, time for something new and improved!" "Its a brand new world, sorry you gotta go!" :rofl-lol: I love demolition man.

This is what Sly should do next.

Repo Man meets Demolition Man.

Nuh-uh, he should make Tango & Cash 2

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Repo Man other night. This is basically Death Proof of the 90s.

I caught Demolition Man on Cinemax. Funny action comedy set in the future.

"I'm gonna make you regret that for the rest of your life, all 2 seconds of it" - maybe misquote but close enough.

Repo Man and Demolition Man both rock. Repo Man is better than Death Proof by a country mile.

"Past is over John, time for something new and improved!" "Its a brand new world, sorry you gotta go!" :rofl-lol: I love demolition man.

This is what Sly should do next.

Repo Man meets Demolition Man.

Nuh-uh, he should make Tango & Cash 2

That's a given. Cobra 2. Bring it.

Over The Top 2 is a certainity.

But if he wanted to have some less action oriented movie success Repo Man might be fertile territory for Rocky, I mean Stallone.

Ninth Gate - Depp/Polanski

Great film.

Bitter Moon was great as well.

I just watched Heavenly Creatures. Again. Godamn, it's glorious. :heart:

There nudity in that movie isn't there?

:lol: Well, Kate Winslet's teenage breasts are briefly visible in the bath scene. But on the Winslet nudity meter, it doesn't compare to Jude or Little Children. But it's an unbelievably great film.

Who else is in that. I'm sure I've seen it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110005/

Was it filming in this really steamy way with this Preacher guy coming to stay in the family house. It sound familiar but I thought someone else was in it.

I saw King of California - which was crazy ass.

Great Debaters - I thought it was boring, sort of redundant, like a movie that came out in 1989 or something.

The Brothers Solomon - hilarious, if a bit immature.

I've got that Hitman movie, you know the video game - must be horrible...

Was it filming in this really steamy way with this Preacher guy coming to stay in the family house. It sound familiar but I thought someone else was in it.

No preachers. It's about a couple of girls in New Zealand in the 50s who ended up killing one of their mothers. Based on a true story. Captures the hormonal wackiness of teenage girls as well as any film ever has. There's also some lesbian stuff if that helps jog your memory.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2008-04-01/

Filmmaker Jules Dassin has died following a short illness. He was 96. The American director passed away in an Athens, Greece hospital on Monday. Dassin, who is best known for his Oscar-winning 1960 movie Never On Sunday, was married to the late Greek actress and culture minister Melina Mercouri. Greek Prime Minister Costas Karamanlis says, "Greece grieves the loss of a rare human being, an important creator and a true friend. His passion, energy, fighting spirit and nobility will never be forgotten." Dassin started his career as an actor and theatre producer; his breakthrough came when he became an assistant to legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock in 1940. He moved to France in the early 1950s after he was named as part of Hollywood's "communist faction" during a House Of Representatives Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) hearing. Dassin went on to marry Mercouri, who starred in his Never On Sunday, which won the Oscar for Best Original Song and for which Dassin received two Academy Award nominations for Best Director and Best Writing, Story And Screenplay.

He also directed Rififi, hands down the greatest heist film ever made.

Got it!!!!

It's called Sirens. Not Heavenly Creatures. There's a ton of dramas on Amazon. In the end it was

Hugh Grant that was the key word.

Sirens is great movie. Very erotic.

Edited by wasted

I've always mixed these two movies up. I see Heavenly Creatures is on and think it's Sirens and I'm disappointed. Not to say its a bad movie, it's better than Sirens probably. Peter Jackson directed it didn't he?

Oh, I've seen that. With Elle McPherson and Portia DiRossi. Although I thought Kate Fischer, the more zaftig one was the most beautiful.

Way back when I was 12yrs old, Kate Fischer hosted a kids tv show here in Australia called What's Up Doc? (it had bugs bunny cartoons). She would wear the most inappropriate stuff you could possibly imagine for a kids show. Massive amounts of cleavage, fishnets, even a schoolgirl outfit one time. Fuck I loved that show... bugs bunny cartoons and jacking off material all in the same half hour.

Later on she married James Packer for his money.

Edited by Dead Flower

Yes, it's Peter Jackson. And it's way better than Sirens. Less nudity, though. :lol:

HC is sort of disturbing, much more innovative. But I like to be soothed by Sirens.

That Fischer chick sounds like an Australian version of Cat Dely or Amanda DeCabenet - just go to work from the club in your hooker boots.

I saw Horton hears a who the other day

i was gonna watch that. but thought twice. is it actually good?

I'm still recovering from Ratatuille.

LOL!!!. i'm guessing AR had to see it cos her daughter wanted to see it...am i correct?

Oh, I've seen that. With Elle McPherson and Portia DiRossi. Although I thought Kate Fischer, the more zaftig one was the most beautiful.

Way back when I was 12yrs old, Kate Fischer hosted a kids tv show here in Australia called What's Up Doc? (it had bugs bunny cartoons). She would wear the most inappropriate stuff you could possibly imagine for a kids show. Massive amounts of cleavage, fishnets, even a schoolgirl outfit one time. Fuck I loved that show... bugs bunny cartoons and jacking off material all in the same half hour.

Later on she married James Packer for his money.

Kate-Fischer-547x768-58kb-media-825-media-81031-1047295502.jpg

ij--Kate_Fischer0007.jpg

ij--kate05.jpg

ij--Kate_Fischer0006.jpg

ij--Kate_Fischer0017.jpg

ij--Kate_Fischer0012.jpg

^^^^

She hosted a kids show? :blink: That's either the most awesome or most disturbing thing I've ever heard! :lol:

Edited by Angelica

I watched 28 days later the other day. Everything about that films fukin fantastic, the music - that john murphy song in particular, fuking amazing. I dont mind 28 weeks either, although not as good as the first one.

P.s deadflower i remember that show that kate fisher used to host, fuck she was hot back in the day.

After watching it for a third time, I can honestly say that I do not understand why Exotica isn't lauded as Egoyan's masterpiece instead of The Sweet Hereafter. Does anyone else think it is the most gorgeous film of his ever? :unsure::heart:

By the way, look at Guillermo del Toro's IMDb entry; how many projects is the man going to be working on in the 2008-2010 period?! Nine producing credits, and five directing, with only one film overlapping. :blink:

After watching it for a third time, I can honestly say that I do not understand why Exotica isn't lauded as Egoyan's masterpiece instead of The Sweet Hereafter. Does anyone else think it is the most gorgeous film of his ever?

I do. And blusey does. :heart:

Edited by Angelica

I saw The Orphanage last night.

It was really, really scary :confused:

Down here it was only on in selected places in London, otherwise we would have gone to see it. Subtitled though, right?

Yeah, it is subtitled, which was actually much less of a hinderance than I expected it to be. I was also surprised to see that the cinema was completely full! I wasn't expecting that, as the fact it's in Spanish can put a lot of people off.

Here in Glasgow it was on in Cineworld, the main cinema in the city centre. I wonder why it's not showing in more places in London? :huh: Seriously, if you can get to a showing, go and see it- despite being a complete wuss with scary films, I can tell you I really enjoyed it and thought it was a fantastic film. It's not like your usual 'horror' film, with a massive body count and lots of "Boo! Gotcha!" moments. This was really tense, mysterious and creepy throughout. It's all about the waiting, which really makes it more terrifying than a lot of 'scary' films; I spent an hour and a half waiting for the next scary moment to happen so I could finally relax for a millisecond before waiting for the next scary moment after that.

Roger Ebert explains it better than me:

"Hitchcock was very wise about this. In his book-length conversation with Truffaut, he used a famous example to explain the difference between surprise and suspense. If people are seated at a table and a bomb explodes, that is surprise. If they are seated at a table, and you know there's a bomb under the table attached to a ticking clock, but they continue to play cards -- that's suspense. There's a bomb under "The Orphanage" for excruciating stretches of time."

I really highly recommend it to anyone. Even though I almost cried at one point from being so scared :unsure::lol: