Film Thread

ssiscool

saw 28 days later. basically a clone of day of the triffids. typical zombie shitfest. not too sure about the nude scenes though. dick, ass but no tits? outrageous!

28 weeks later was such a fuckin chore to sit through. whoever came up with the idea of having the protagonists be the ones responsible for starting the shit in the first place? and it's super annoying as fuck kids too.

disappointing. :no:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was seriously dissapointed in no country for old men

I swear, you have the worst taste in movies dude. No Country For Old men was a stunning film.

oh do i heres some films i own

pulp fiction

snatch

resevoir dogs

heat

true romance

28 days later

28 weeks later

lock stock & two smoking barrels

from dusk till dawn

DOA

goodfellas

scarface

carlitos way

planet terror

death proof

cant think of the others- so you class these movies as me having bad taste

you are judging this comment on me saying rise of the footsoldier was an excellent film, you are judging that on that website, you aint even seen it

I gotta say, with the exception of 28 Days/Weeks and DOA (because I haven't seen that one), that's a pretty good list + I own all those films too.

Oh and someone mentioned Kevin Bacon, is his new film Death Sentence any good?

Actually speaking of recommendations can people rate these films for me?

American Gangster

Eastern Promises

Death Sentence

I wanna see them, but wanna know if they're worth a rent or a buy or to avoid.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

American Gangster

Eastern Promises

Death Sentence

American Gangster - Rent it

Eastern Promises - Buy it

Death Sentence - Skip it

I had a feeling it'd be something along those lines, but Eastern Promises, it's not just a rehash of History of Violence is it?

American Gangster

Eastern Promises

Death Sentence

American Gangster - Rent it

Eastern Promises - Buy it

Death Sentence - Skip it

I had a feeling it'd be something along those lines, but Eastern Promises, it's not just a rehash of History of Violence is it?

No, it's pretty original. Not any kind of epic gangster movie, but it did the trick for me.

I just watched Jurassic Park and by god did I enjoy every second of it, I hadn't seen it in a long time. It wasn't really as full on as the other two though, but probably a better movie.

I love the Jurassic Park series. I heard they're making a new one in 2009 or so.

yeah they are.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/

Anyway i watched Pirates of the Caribbean COTBP today. (Other 2 tommorow)

and man i love the PotC series.

And i found a cool video that i have got as my Ringtone

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AlBwVbCqxUk

I saw 10,000 BC at the weekend. Not bad, quite funny and dramatic. Suppose I'll see The Golden Compass next week. Nicole is parading her rack again. Dead Calm 2, please.

I saw 10,000 BC at the weekend. Not bad, quite funny and dramatic. Suppose I'll see The Golden Compass next week. Nicole is parading her rack again. Dead Calm 2, please.

I saw Repo Man other night. This is basically Death Proof of the 90s.

I caught Demolition Man on Cinemax. Funny action comedy set in the future.

"I'm gonna make you regret that for the rest of your life, all 2 seconds of it" - maybe misquote but close enough.

Willow - I revisited this movie. It's a classic. Val Kilmer is the man.

Love Stinks - truly a guilty pleasure. I enjoyed it.

Cabin Boy - Great. Another guilty pleasure.

I am Legend - sucked. Book and the original ridley scott script was much better.

Dirty Pretty Things - loved it. wonderful movie.

A very long engagement - excellent.

The Horseman on the roof - Enjoyable.

Volver - thumbs up

Caligula - This was my kind of movie. Gross excess and exploitation. The production values are dated obviously but it's still quite interesting to see the uncut version of this movie.

"I'm gonna make you regret that for the rest of your life, all 2 seconds of it" - maybe misquote but close enough.

Repo Man and Demolition Man both rock. Repo Man is better than Death Proof by a country mile.

"Past is over John, time for something new and improved!" "Its a brand new world, sorry you gotta go!" :rofl-lol: I love demolition man.

Satan Trilogy

Devil's Advocate - Reeves/Pacino/Theron.

Ninth Gate - Depp/Polanski

Angel Heart - Mickey Rourke/DeNiro/Lisa Bonet/Parker

Yep I own all three and watch them religiously. heh.

But Devil's advocate really doesn't belong with The Ninth Gate and Angel Heart which are both in a class of their own. Rosemary's baby probably fits in better...

Repo Man and Demolition Man both rock. Repo Man is better than Death Proof by a country mile.

"Past is over John, time for something new and improved!" "Its a brand new world, sorry you gotta go!" :rofl-lol: I love demolition man.

This is what Sly should do next.

Repo Man meets Demolition Man.

Just make Repo Man action movie with Armold and Sly.

I love those old 80s action movies. I didn't really aprreciate them when I saw them but now they seem like classics. Days of Thunder is a favorite of mine. Top Gun but with cars.

I really like The Firm and A Few Good Men. I don't know which one is which but I like them both.

Anything Chevy Chase also. Caddyshack, Fletch. Christmas Vacation, Vegas Vacation.

Satan Trilogy

Devil's Advocate - Reeves/Pacino/Theron.

Ninth Gate - Depp/Polanski

Angel Heart - Mickey Rourke/DeNiro/Lisa Bonet/Parker

Yep I own all three and watch them religiously. heh.

But Devil's advocate really doesn't belong with The Ninth Gate and Angel Heart which are both in a class of their own. Rosemary's baby probably fits in better...

I've never actually seen Rosemary's baby. You know something about pregnant chicks. I can'cupcake with that. Devil's Ad more of a comedy not really in the same league but I guess the Director is called Hackford, so you know...It's probably Keanu directing.

The end of Ninth Gate I was actually scared the first time since The Exorcist.

I normally just stick to romantic comedies. Superbad was awesome.

I havent to watch that again.

Ever seen Bitter Moon. That Polanski, sort of an erotic, old school Polanski flick.

Charlie Sheen also. Hot Shots 2 - this is a classic.

I just watched Heavenly Creatures. Again. Godamn, it's glorious. :heart:

There nudity in that movie isn't there?

:lol: Well, Kate Winslet's teenage breasts are briefly visible in the bath scene. But on the Winslet nudity meter, it doesn't compare to Jude or Little Children. But it's an unbelievably great film.

:lol: Well, Kate Winslet's teenage breasts are briefly visible in the bath scene. But on the Winslet nudity meter, it doesn't compare to Jude or Little Children. But it's an unbelievably great film.

Who else is in that. I'm sure I've seen it.

Who else is in that. I'm sure I've seen it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110005/