Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot em up

You actually LIKED that movie? That is actually one of the few (possibly the only) movie that was so bad, I couldn't even finish it! I was in tears from laughing at it, but for all the bad reasons. Truly a terrible, terrible movie. :rofl-lol:

I just watched 30 Days Of Night. Not bad, but not all that great either. I was expecting a little more.

Yeah, I was actually surprised at how good it was. Not saying that it was great or anything, but my expectations for it were low, and luckily it exceeded them.

just watched Blood Diamond.

excellent film.

probably di-caprios best performance.

as hes not great in other films.

Saw that yesterday, I found it to be a good film, but I liked Departed better, where I think Leo is playing a very good role, have you seen it. Best film of 06 IMO. And probably one of the best scorsese flicks in a long time.

excellent film.

Saw that yesterday, I found it to be a good film, but I liked Departed better, where I think Leo is playing a very good role, have you seen it. Best film of 06 IMO. And probably one of the best scorsese flicks in a long time.

i watched that this afternoon, very good film, recorded it last week off sky for when there was fuck all on, i was impressed with it' jack nicholson played a good part

I just watched 30 Days Of Night. Not bad, but not all that great either. I was expecting a little more.

Yeah, I was actually surprised at how good it was. Not saying that it was great or anything, but my expectations for it were low, and luckily it exceeded them.

Man I hated that film to no end. I hate Josh Hartnett, and I hated the acting.

And to top it all off that fucking screeching sound the Vampires make did my head in.

Man I hated that film to no end. I hate Josh Hartnett, and I hated the acting.

And to top it all off that fucking screeching sound the Vampires make did my head in.

Agreed. It was god-awful.

Tomorrow, I'm either seeing I'm Not There or No Country for Old Men.

Man the Death Proof DVD is even better than in the cinema.

Can't wait for Planet Terror next month.

It's a shame the Grindhouse Boxset won't be out for another year or so.

Really? Thats pretty shit. I thought it would've been a double DVD at a reasonable price.

I watched Million Dollar Baby last night.

Didn't see it when it first came out, and hadn't really heard/read anything about the film. I was expecting a female equivalent of the feel-good Rocky films, so the ending came as a bit of a shock.

Clint Eastwood is the man. Still looks like he could kick your ass, even as he approaches 80.

Best film of 06 IMO.

Pan's Labyrinth

Blood Diamond

My girlfriend is obsessed with Pan's Labyrinth. I didn't quite see it the same way apparently, I thought it was a good film - no doubt - but I just couldn't view it as the "amazing masterpiece" that everyone seems to see it as. I think the whole film being Spanish and having to read subtitles really took away alot of the film for me. I felt the same with Battle Royale.

I hated Blood Diamond. Not quite sure why, just alot of things niggled at me. DiCaprio's "South African" Accent seemed to change pitch or tone every scene which stood out to me alot. I really enjoyed the first 20 minutes of that film when it introduces the black character (his name escapes me) and they go to chop his hands off but then decide to let him free.

I watched Million Dollar Baby last night.

Didn't see it when it first came out, and hadn't really heard/read anything about the film. I was expecting a female equivalent of the feel-good Rocky films, so the ending came as a bit of a shock.

Clint Eastwood is the man. Still looks like he could kick your ass, even as he approaches 80.

Excellent film. Clint Eastwood is the man.

excellent film.

Dude, no way - DiCaprio has proven himself to be an excellent actor time and time again.

Definitely. Just watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

By the way I hope you didn't think my above post was targeting DiCaprio as an actor, I think he's a great actor. Especially in Catch Me If You Can.

a waste of actor i think. a LOT more potential than he pushed himself toward doing. it seems to me that he picks...demanding roles but demanding in a kind of similar vein.

Was up till 3 this morning watching Scarface. God I love that movie... including the soundtrack. :shades:

Same here actually, except I was up until about 5, put it on really late. My favourite movie of all time. And yes the soundtrack kicks ass. rock4

Cop : where'd you get that scar? eating pussy?

Montana : how the fuck would i get a scar like this eating pussy?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: