Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

GREY.

My sister bought a cheap version of that book but she didn´t realize it was the version in English so she gave it to me. Whether I like the story or not it´s pretty cool to read it in its original language because a lot of hints and little details are always lost with the translation to another language.

Bill Bryson is great!

On the last book about Richard Sharpe now. Set to Chile a few years after the Peninsular War. Not the best fo far.

Also reading a historical treatment of the redjackets. I was suppose to read it in parallel to the Sharpe novels, but as it turned out, I preferred the action of Sharpe to the more academic presentation, and the book is only just started. I will finish it when Sharpe is done.

• Like 1

Notes on a Small Island. He goes to Stonehenge and cant get in so he has a coffee.

In the Australia one he's more a cold beer guy.

All his books put me off travel.

Has he been to pyramids. It's ghastly. Broken glass and trash everywhere. Camels chasing you and renegade "guides" trying to rip you off. Taxi drivers worst ever for triple charging and fighting. My friend almost threw one of them off this over pass because he stopped and wouldn't move til we gave him money. So we got and before I knew it our man had him up against this railing. There was a small skuffle and I lost my hat i got in thailand. Must be in the back seat.

Should be horrific holiday story thread or something. Stay vigilant people.

Edited by wasted

Finished "Sharpe's Christmas" yesterday, a book with two short stories set to different times in the life of Richard Sharpe. Sharpe and Harper have fought their last battle, no more books to read.

I turn to Saul David's "All the King's Men", the aforementioned historical treatise on the British redcoat. Right now I am reading about the Independence war in North America.