What Are Your Favorite METAL Albums?

Gordon Comstock

try n keep it reletively low in numbers.... give a short description if you can

mine....

Cradle Of Filth - Dusk... And Her Embrace - Dani's vocals are fucking amazing on this record, especially the title track. I suggest everyone check out this album, fucking love it, number 1 favorite.

Cradle Of Filth - Thornography - Really melodic, Dani sounds awesome again, the music is fuckin great, not a bad song on the album.

Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone - Heavy as fuck, Corey sounds great, Joey is god.... Definately their best album.

All That Remains - The Fall Of Ideals - This is the album that got me into them, everything and everyone sounds good, melodic and heavy. What's not to like?

Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar - His best album so far. Fuckin great shock-rock I guess... Irresponsible Hate Anthem... It just makes you wanna break something.... haha...

Murderdolls - Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls - More horror-punk than metal maybe... Still, Wednesday 13 kicks ass. 197666 anyone? I suggest everyone check this shit out too.

System Of A Down - Toxicity - Holy fuck, this is one of the best albums ever. It just doesn't get old. Serj sounds amazing, and the music is just.... I dont know how to describe it.

theres probably some more.... thats about it for now though....

yours?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Don't listen much to metal anymore, but I still really enjoy albums like these:

Skid Row - Slave To The Grind - One of my all-time favourite albums. Would be on my top 20 of albums of all time.

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden - Love many of their albums, and could have put on more of them, but this is my favourite.

Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free - One of the best power-metal albums ever.

Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1 - Might be the best power-metal album of all time.

Stratovarius - Episode - With songs like Speed of Light, Father Time, Forever etcetera, do I need to continue?

W.A.S.P. - W.A.S.P. - :heart:

I've never listened to metal too much but right now it's,

Ride The Lightning - Metallica

Paranoid - Black Sabbath

Wrath - Lamb Of God

III : Over The Under - Down

The Blackening - Machine Head

United Abominations - Megadeth

Cowboys From Hell - Pantera

Gods Of The Earth - The Sword

In Flames- The Jester Race: The album which created and perfected the art of Melodic Death Metal, the guitars are at their folkiest and most beautiful here, the melodies are at their best and Anders Friden unleashes his fullest deep death growl. They also have the nerve to finish one of the heaviest albums I've ever heard with a song in a major key, Wayfaerer, like a ray of hope... It's an awesome listening experience.

In Flames- Clayman: Where IF took the blueprint of melodic death metal they'd been working with and evolved it to add melodic vocals, more complex guitar parts and crisper production. The mood on Clayman is a lot lighter than on The Jester Race, but it contains a lot more anthemic tracks like Pinball Map and Only For The Weak, as well as their first really successful attempt at a slow, melodic song, Satellites and Astronauts.

Killswitch Engage- As Daylight Dies: Killswitch took their ability to create incredible, heavy tunes and apply an almost schizophrenic sense of melody and harmony over the top, and used it to create songs such as This Is Absolution, This Fire and My Curse.

Blood Stain Child- Mozaiq: BSC create the perfect blend of some ass-kicking death metal and hardcore dance/trance music. It reall makes a fantastic fusion, never gets boring, the songs are catchy as well as headbangable... I can't fault them at all. Well, maybe the lyrics, they should stop trying to write in English.

Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar - His best album so far. Fuckin great shock-rock I guess... Irresponsible Hate Anthem... It just makes you wanna break something.... haha...

Good call on that one!

I really liked that album,took things to the next extreme at that time.

The tour was fantastic too...quite the spectacle!

It was cool to see some style and production in a live show again.

The whole plaid shirt short pants thing had grown incredibly boring on a grand scale.

Other albums...Paranoid for sure....Master of Puppets...early Motorhead definitely.

Black Sabbath - "Master Of Reality", "Heaven And Hell", "Paranoid"

Dio - "Holy Diver"

Iron Maiden - "Number Of The Beast", "Killers"

Judas Priest - "Hell Bent For Leather", "Stained Class", "British Steel"

Metallica - "Ride The Lightning", "Kill 'Em All", "Master Of Puppets"

Motley Crue - "Shout At The Devil"

Ozzy - "Blizzard of Oz"

Rainbow - "Rainbow Rising"

W.A.S.P. - "W.A.S.P."

Edited by artfromtex

Any Iron Maiden, but specifically 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son', 'Powerslave' and 'The Number Of The Beast'

Metallica's "Ride The Lightning" and "Master Of Puppets"

Judas Priest: "Painkiller"

Megadeth: "Rust In Peace"

Bruce Dickinson "The Chemical Wedding"

Slayer "Show No Mercy" and "Reign In Blood"

I love too many to name, to be honest

Skid Row - Skid Row

Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

Mastodon - Crack The Skye

W.A.S.P. - The Last Command

Black Knight - Master Of Disaster

Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part 1

Queensryche - Empire

Dream Theater - Octavarium (I probably spelled it wrong)

Rainbow - Rising

Dio - Holy Diver

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4

Edited by LightningBolt

try n keep it reletively low in numbers.... give a short description if you can

mine....

Cradle Of Filth - Dusk... And Her Embrace - Dani's vocals are fucking amazing on this record, especially the title track. I suggest everyone check out this album, fucking love it, number 1 favorite.

Cradle Of Filth - Thornography - Really melodic, Dani sounds awesome again, the music is fuckin great, not a bad song on the album.

Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone - Heavy as fuck, Corey sounds great, Joey is god.... Definately their best album.

All That Remains - The Fall Of Ideals - This is the album that got me into them, everything and everyone sounds good, melodic and heavy. What's not to like?

Murderdolls - Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls - More horror-punk than metal maybe... Still, Wednesday 13 kicks ass. 197666 anyone? I suggest everyone check this shit out too.

System Of A Down - Toxicity - Holy fuck, this is one of the best albums ever. It just doesn't get old. Serj sounds amazing, and the music is just.... I dont know how to describe it.

theres probably some more.... thats about it for now though....

yours?

Good choices on Cradle. I loved both of those. Dusk is my favorite album,followed by Nymphetamine,Midian, and Thorn. Just saw them again in L.A. at The Grove in Anaheim. Awesome live show as usual.

Other picks of mine would be:

Disturbed - The Sickness

Godsmack - Godsmack

Korn - Korn

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power

White Zombie - La Sexorcisto

Scorpions - Crazy World

SiX - Between The Warning And The War

Symphony X - Paradise Lost

Tool - Undertow

Type O Negative - October Rust

Good call on that one!

I really liked that album,took things to the next extreme at that time.

Manson is great.

Zint, have you seen Rammstein live?

right on about Toxicity

other than that,

Between the Buried and Me - Alaska

Job for a Cowboy - Doom

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings

Norma Jean - Redeemer

As I Lay Dying - Frail Worlds Collapse

Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing

August Burns Red - Messages

i like my metal ridiculous and intense