U2 Discussion

CryptElf

Listening to the 1990-2000 Greatest Hits on Spotify and liking the alternate mixes for the Pop songs.

I wonder if when they remaster Pop they will completely remaster the album like on there or just touch it up and have alternate mixes on a second disc.

Also anyone have any idea when the Achtung Baby remaster will be out, I remember reading about it on the merch bag from the gig last year but cant remember

I'm guessing 2011 to match the 20th anniversary

I wonder if when they remaster Pop they will completely remaster the album like on there or just touch it up and have alternate mixes on a second disc.

they better not - that discothèque mix is pretty nice, but other than that pop is perfect the way it is imo.

deluxe editions of the 90's albums would be nice though, so many great b-sides from that era.

they better not - that discothèque mix is pretty nice, but other than that pop is perfect the way it is imo.

deluxe editions of the 90's albums would be nice though, so many great b-sides from that era.

I agree that they should just remaster the songs as they are for the album, then do the alternate mixes on the second disc along with b-sides

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15004537871A37FF?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Packages with field tickets will receive pre-event access to the Talon Pub or Bacardi Zone located on the lower level stadium concourse beginning 3.5 hours prior to the show with the benefit of early field access before gates open to the general public. Field tickets are general admission.

lolwut?

I'm expecting "Achtung Baby" to have a pretty big deluxe edition, plus there's the "Salome" demos. They def. need to make a documentary about the making of that album, because there's more back story to that one than "Joshua Tree".

I like "Rattle and Hum" but there's a ton of outtakes and soundboard recordings from that tour to be heard. They said "God Part II" is the beginning of "Achtung Baby", because it didn't fit in with any of the songs on R&H. So if you're into making your own fan mixes, take it off of one, add it to the other.

I like "Rattle and Hum" but there's a ton of outtakes and soundboard recordings from that tour to be heard. They said "God Part II" is the beginning of "Achtung Baby", because it didn't fit in with any of the songs on R&H. So if you're into making your own fan mixes, take it off of one, add it to the other.

Never liked Rattle & Hum.

I never listen to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I'm listening to Electrical Storm, more specifically the William Orbit Remix. :wub:

It makes me remember how amazing this band is.

A lot of people say that the band has slowed down considerably during this decade. I have to agree that No Line on the Horizon was less than stellar, but How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb had some quality tunes on it. The singles and the radio friendly songs are all gems Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, City of Blinding Lights, and one of my new favorites Original of the Species are all quality tunes.

Bono better put out Songs of Ascent as soon as possible. Can't wait. :)

No Line took a hell of a long time but it was worth the wait. Fez - Being Born immediately stood out to me as did Moment Of Surrender. Oh and Winter as well. TBH they have put out some real duds in the decade. Unknown Caller, Vertigo, All Because Of You, Beautiful Day, Elevation, Grace, New York. And the list goes on.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

McGuinness Confirms May U2 Album Release, Title TBD

Posted: February 01, 2011

By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

U2 manager Paul McGuinness has reiterated that U2 is planning to have a new album out in May, in time for the North American leg of the U2 360 tour. Speaking during the Midem music conference in Cannes, McGuinness says the new album is "largely completed" and the band is working in its southern France studio to put the "finishing touch" on the record.

McGuinness says this album will be the one that Brian Burton, AKA Danger Mouse, is producing. But he says it's "unlikely" that the album will be called "Songs Of Ascent" -- the title that Bono originally used to refer to what was expected to be an album of songs leftover from the No Line On The Horizon sessions.