U2 Discussion

CryptElf

The album has been rumored to come out since like May 2011, so they just need to get the damn thing out already.

Actually members of the band were quoted as saying the original plan was to release a follow up(Songs fo Ascent) to NLOTH in late 2009 so it's [retty mucha huge joke that we're still waiting almost 4 years later. We know they have material left over from NLOTH which was supposed to be Songs of Ascent which be be NLOTH's Zooropa. We also know they worked on a bunch of material with Rick Rubin which they put on the back burner and we also know they've messed around with a "club" style sound with Danger Mouse. they have tons of material. Not really sure what the hold up is at this point. It's not like U2 is gonna put out an album and rule the charts like Taylor Swift or Rihanna anymore and in all fairness they're beyond that now anyways. That should not be their focus but sadly I think it is. U2 should just be making music for themselves and with so much material that we know they have, an album should've been out a long time ago. In fact an album should've come out during the downtown on the 360 tour when Bono hurt his back. That leg of the tour was postponed for almost an entire year and they couldn't get an album out? An album which they had wanted to get out in late 2009? I don't get it.

The only thing I can think of is they are stock piling their material so they can continue to release albums years after they are done touring. I really can't think of another reason why they'd have worked on so much material, have admitted to having a ton of material and yet no album. Unless they are solely focusing on competing with the One Directions and Nicklebacks of the world? I don't know.

]

Spider Man kind of disrupted things for Bono (plus he does a lot of speaking engagements), but I think too much time went by with the tour, and the lackluster sales of NLOTH might have played into why they didn't put anything out.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst band ever.

nope.

best band of all time.

"..Joy Division fully realized.."

Far away so close is pretty classic song. Zooropa is my favorite U2 album by far.

Word. "War" was tops, as well.

"October" is the best thing they have ever done.

I have a hard time getting into their first two. War was the first album I bought, though and it's still my favorite or second favorite.

Worst band ever.

nope.

best band of all time.

"..Joy Division fully realized.."

Far away so close is pretty classic song. Zooropa is my favorite U2 album by far.

Word. "War" was tops, as well.

"October" is the best thing they have ever done.

"nope.

best band of all time.

Joy Division fully realized"

I laughed out loud

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...