U2 Discussion

CryptElf

Pop mart tour was awesome, IMO. I wish U2 did something like that again. Not the imagery but the attitude. That was U2 being edgy as fuck, and lately U2 has been exactly what you'd expect them to be.

Absolutely, although I do like some of the stuff they did during the shows. Just seeing them come onstage like they are wrestlers with Bono dancing all over the stage with a hoodie is just awesome even though it is making fun of the people who do that. And of course the huge fucking lemon :lol:

Yeah, I love Pop and the tour was awesome.

Very underrated album! I honestly like Pop more than the rest of the albums that followed it, it was such a ballsy departure from what they had done before or since.

Edited by WhazUp

Discoteque is one of my favorite songs ever. Love the guitar on that song. Inspired me a lot. Staring At The Sun is beautiful and is one of U2's most underrated songs ever, If God Will Send His Angels is beautiful, and Last Night On Earth is an awesome driving song.

AB, Zooropa and Pop and all the tours from that era are amazing. It's better than their 80's stuff and miles ahead of their 00's stuff. "Please" is their masterpiece, IMO. It's so weird it's the same band that wrote "I'll go crazy...". Wish they would stop trying to be the biggest, top selling band in the world and tried harder in the next album. Still love them and always will anyway.

Black Sabbath, pls

Found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHeoCYaNg2c

Listening now

Not bad. Nice vocal and guitar/synth melodies. Drum machine seems unnecessary, but overall it is a nice song. Kind of slow for a new single, though. Defiantly like Ordinary Love better so far

Edited by ZoSoRose

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty conflicted about this. In my opinion the song is ok. Basically a B-Side that's just begging to rock but U2 it seems are afraid to even try to rock these days. It's a decent little song but nothing too special. The video though is pretty damn kickass but it doesn't fit the little pop song. The video belongs to a rock song. WTF U2? At least try to rock. Stop trying so hard to sound like U2. Do something different.

• Like 2

Nice video, song is ok but so.... pop. Well, Invisible made me rediscover U2 a bit and I'm just addicted again... Do you feel loved, Please and Hearland are so damn good. Too bad the setlist for the tour will be new album + hits. At least they remain together, release albums, videos and tour. After so many years, it's kinda unbelieveable.