U2 Discussion

CryptElf

• 2 weeks later...

The new song 'Ordinary Love' will be released next month.

I heard the clip in the Mandela trailer a few weeks back and I have to be honest... completely underwhelmed and uninterested in what I heard. Obviously I want to hear the whole thing but if that small sample is any indication.................. :sleeper:

• 3 weeks later...

I heard it earlier today and my reaction to it was pretty much the same as my reaction to the short clip we heard a month ago. Pretty underwhelmed by it. Bono's voice sounds good but the song as a whole.... meh. To be honest it sounds like a band mailing it in.

I'm REALLY glad this is just for a soundtrack and isn't the lead single. I so hope this isn't an indication of what the new album will be like.

What's with lyric videos? Is this the new trend? Why?

I actually really like lyric videos when done in a creative way like this. It's not an overly new trend cause it's been happening now for quit a few years. I think it's because they're cheap and probably easier to produce than a traditional music video. And I think people do like them. I know I do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a bad feeling about this.

But I hope it's good.

I liked the second version of Ordinary Love a lot more than the first. I'm looking forward to this song. Not holding onto it too much since it's probably not going to be part of the album, but looking forward to new U2 music regardless.

I'm really hoping Danger Mouse pushes them in a new direction. I don't want more 2000's U2.

Speaking of... Is the song they are releasing produced by Danger Mouse? And was ordinary love?

Edited by LiveFromNormal
  • Like 1

I hope that newer song Glastonbury is on the record, I have been listening to audience recordings of that tune and it sounds great!

On a side note, I have been really fascinated with the ZooTV and PopMart tours lately, I really dig the electronic influences of those tours and how rocking they were. Hell even just Bono dressed up as different characters with different persona were interesting. But the thing that I like the most is that during those tours the songs off of Zooropa and Pop took on a whole new life live - like Mofo, Discotheque, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, etc.

Edited by WhazUp