U2 Discussion

CryptElf

Most overrated band ever! :shrugs:

How so? Critics aren't fond of them and much as I hate to, I'll quote Liam Gallagher and say "how many pals do you have that admit to being U2 fans". Sure they sell stadiums, but so do Coldplay etc, acts who aren't really given much critical respect, I wouldn't say a band can be overated based on ticket/album sales, especially when there's not that many people who sing their praises as their not a cool band to like at all. Around here saying you're into U2 is pretty much the same as coming out as a Whitesnake fan. If anything their underrated, because they are such a massive band (who in fairness are a bit of a brand these days and the last album wasn't too exciting) a lot of people don't agnoladge how original and emotive so many of their tunes and live performances are.

To me overrated is The Vaccines this year, half decent generic band who have some catchy summer singles but are pretty forgettable, and for some reason being hyped as 'the guitar band of 2011' when Yuck, The Hold Steady, Arctic Monkeys etc. are coming out with great new material. 'Frontmen' like Tyler, Axl etc. are overrated to me, I like someone like Scott Hutchison to win a crowd over by being a genuine character, making you think and making you laugh; and not blowing himself out of proportion.

Just 'my two cents' though, everyones got different opinions. :)

Edited by Snake Eyes

Most overrated band ever! :shrugs:

How so? Critics aren't fond of them

Last I checked, Rolling Stone were obsessed with them.

I agree, in my country the critics are always positive. Never had a really bad critic and certainly not about their live shows.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

is it true they have a new album out this year, it seems they shelved their plans for the more dance type LP

Big fan of War and Achtung Baby, those are my two faves

Who's Gonna Ride your Wild Horses :krider:

I've been behind on U2 News lately, but I think they are planning an album for this year, which is great! :D

And I'm a little upset about the shelving of the dance-type album; I was looking forward to it. Oh well, hopefully they do it eventually!

U2's 80s and 90s catalog has some of the best albums ever released.

:rofl-lol:

It's okay, I don't mind that you have horrible taste and an inability to express your opinions

Yes, your taste is really good, as proves your Brandon Flowers avatar <_<

You come into this thread every time it's bumped, and all you do is bitch about how "U2 sucks" and how you don't like them.

Please, kindly fuck off.

Thank you.

- Black Sabbath