U2 Discussion

CryptElf

U2's 80s and 90s catalog has some of the best albums ever released.

:rofl-lol:

It's okay, I don't mind that you have horrible taste and an inability to express your opinions

Yes, your taste is really good, as proves your Brandon Flowers avatar <_<

And The Killers are not a well respected and critically acclaimed band?

I'll play along and not dismiss you as a retard, and instead suggest you check out 'Achtung Baby' by U2 then come back and we'll see how you feel.

• 6 months later...

I hope U2 works on some awesome experimental groovy stuff. IMO Zooropa was their last "great record" although the next 2 weren't bad. NLOTH has some good songs but personally I find the album to be a bit lackluster

They're taking their time with the new one, Adam said they thought they had more songs from the NLOTH sessions when they went back in the studio. No Line didn't do that well for the band, even though they had a successful tour.

Should be interesting, there's rumored to be 3 producers - could wind up with a triple CD.

• 3 months later...

Has the title changed? It used to be "Songs of Ascent".

Also, I know they were working on the Spider-Man Musical stuff, but that's been done for like, over a year now. The only other thing I knew they were working on was some dance album or something? I forget what the concept was. I believe will.i.am was supposed to be involved with that.

Either way, unless they've changed their minds and direction, Songs of Ascent was supposed to be the next actual U2 album to come out, so not sure what Danger Mouse is producing, really.

Danger Mouse is supposed to be producing the new album.

Personally, I think this was a great move for U2.

The best collaboration I can think of for U2 would be Bono and Mark Chapman. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

The best collaboration I can think of for U2 would be Bono and Mark Chapman. :shrugs:

Pretty sure this is the kind of stuff we're trying to avoid.

Thanks for your precious input though, Dazey. :rolleyes:

Tell me you didn't smile even a little bit and I'll apologise! :lol:

Worst band ever.

I knew it wouldn't be too long until you showed up.

Probably your 10th post or so in this thread, all pretty much saying the same thing. We get it, you don't like U2. :thumbsup:

:rofl-lol: Sorry, I had to say it. I have to uphold my (bad) reputation. I don't like U2, but I guess there are worst bands out there.

Pretty sure this is the kind of stuff we're trying to avoid.

Thanks for your precious input though, Dazey. :rolleyes:

Tell me you didn't smile even a little bit and I'll apologise! :lol:

Seriously man. Fuck off.

Guest Len B'stard

Worst band ever.

I knew it wouldn't be too long until you showed up.

Probably your 10th post or so in this thread, all pretty much saying the same thing. We get it, you don't like U2. :thumbsup:

:rofl-lol: Sorry, I had to say it. I have to uphold my (bad) reputation. I don't like U2, but I guess there are worst bands out there.

No, you were right the first time, they are in fact the worst band ever ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The album has been rumored to come out since like May 2011, so they just need to get the damn thing out already.

Actually members of the band were quoted as saying the original plan was to release a follow up(Songs fo Ascent) to NLOTH in late 2009 so it's [retty mucha huge joke that we're still waiting almost 4 years later. We know they have material left over from NLOTH which was supposed to be Songs of Ascent which be be NLOTH's Zooropa. We also know they worked on a bunch of material with Rick Rubin which they put on the back burner and we also know they've messed around with a "club" style sound with Danger Mouse. they have tons of material. Not really sure what the hold up is at this point. It's not like U2 is gonna put out an album and rule the charts like Taylor Swift or Rihanna anymore and in all fairness they're beyond that now anyways. That should not be their focus but sadly I think it is. U2 should just be making music for themselves and with so much material that we know they have, an album should've been out a long time ago. In fact an album should've come out during the downtown on the 360 tour when Bono hurt his back. That leg of the tour was postponed for almost an entire year and they couldn't get an album out? An album which they had wanted to get out in late 2009? I don't get it.

The only thing I can think of is they are stock piling their material so they can continue to release albums years after they are done touring. I really can't think of another reason why they'd have worked on so much material, have admitted to having a ton of material and yet no album. Unless they are solely focusing on competing with the One Directions and Nicklebacks of the world? I don't know.