Freddie Mercury Concert

Iron Mountain is a huge storage facility that has multiple locations.

Westwood One used to syndicate Dr Demento and King Biscuit Flower Hour to thousands of stations. I had seen a copy of GNR at the Ritz with the Westwood One Radio Concert cover in the past - the Ritz concert was aired (and edited) for radio in 88-90.

Rebo & Associates tells me they hired a video production team and wasn't MTV, because Viacom would have been mentioned. The crowd was probably told the concert was going to be on MTV. The question of who owns the source tape - it's probably in the band's possession.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://audioinkradio.com/2013/06/metallica-guns-n-roses-led-zeppelin-members-freddie-mercury-tribute-concert-dvd-blu-ray/

Freddie Mercury fans will recall that following the Queen frontman’s passing from AIDS in 1991, the band’s three surviving members put together a star-studded tribute event that took place at London’s Wembley Stadium on April 20, 1992. Now, over twenty years later, a deluxe DVD featuring footage from the full show, as well as bonus material and the event’s opening performances will arrive on Sept. 3. The fresh release will be available as a three-DVD set and a standard-definition Blu-ray disc, with both versions offering a remastered soundtrack.

The release, titled “The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert: The Definitive Edition,” features Queen guitarist Brian May, drummer Roger Taylor and bass player John Deacon playing alongside a long list of famed musicians. A few of the guest artists the appear on the DVD include Metallica frontman James Hetfield, former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash, Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant, Guns N’ Roses singer Axl Rose and Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi.

The opening performances featured on the DVD include live sets from Metallica, Def Leppard, Guns N’ Roses and Extreme. The collection also features an introduction by May, Taylor and Deacon, a speech by Elizabeth Taylor, photo galleries, footage of Queen rehearsing with Bowie, Lennox and others and more.

“The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert: The Definitive Edition” DVD is available for $29.99, and the Blu-ray is listed at $24.98.

Does Axl get paid for this?

i don't think so, i was all about the Mercury Phoenix Trust charity thing in 92, and i read that the incomes for this release also goes there too.

Oh ok that's good then!

I wonder if the artists involved have to sign off on something like this?

Stop coming with the stupid SD complain. I, and other posters, explained it in great length before.

It's all good. Relaaaaaaaaax. :hug:

I know, but this forum is full of people entering threads just to post their stupid complain/trolling message without reading anything -sometimes not even the first post...It's tiring, man. :cry:

Stop coming with the stupid SD complain. I, and other posters, explained it in great length before.

It's all good. Relaaaaaaaaax. :hug:

I know, but this forum is full of people entering threads just to post their stupid complain/trolling message without reading anything -sometimes not even the first post...

the last page was a separate thread and was later merged into the back of the topic where the SD-bluray was explained ;)

• 6 months later...

Someone should contact Alan Niven and ask him if the Ritz 88 show was filmed and if so, who has the master reels.

I think Axl would even be in support of Ritz 88 coming out on Blu Ray.

1_zps7f7ab94b.jpg

Download Link http://www.gunsnroses.us/tracker/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=98314a691bb9bcc7b69c198ca05f8c30ad7db76f

Edited by Gibbo 27