OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

Holy shit! Ashba actually kicks that solo's ass. I'm pretty sure that's Axl as well, though I"m drunk and delirious from studying from finals, so I could be wrong.

Nah, you're not THAT drunk.

It's a great sounding solo and it IS Axl.

However, it sounds like two guitarists are playing that solo. When the wah part comes, the guitar is suddenly not only EQed but also panned differently as if it were somebody else playing.

My bet is that Dj is playing the first part and BBF is now playing the wah part...but I really could be wrong.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit! Ashba actually kicks that solo's ass. I'm pretty sure that's Axl as well, though I"m drunk and delirious from studying from finals, so I could be wrong.

Nah, you're not THAT drunk.

It's a great sounding solo and it IS Axl.

However, it sounds like two guitarists are playing that solo. When the wah part comes, the guitar is suddenly not only EQed but also panned differently as if it were somebody else playing.

My bet is that Dj is playing the first part and BBF is now playing the wah part...but I really could be wrong.

Had the same impression. It does sounds like two guitars (which is fine because that's how the AFD record sounds). But I think it might be Richard playing the first half.

Anyways, sounds to me like Dizzy singing the high notes at the end, not Axl. I could be wrong, tho.

We live in the high-desert in Southern California and it's snowing like fuck all around. I checked the time schedule and I believe for anyone living on the Pacific Coast USA (PST), this concert should be starting around 4 to 5 am, depending on any opening act and then Guns to follow. I believe the show starts at 8pm in Taipei, which I checked is 4am PST (but you know Axl-)

So I will continue to be online and try and keep everyone updated as best as I can. If people continue to submit these amateurish clips onto YouTube, you guys can rip them fast and have a nearly live concert experience; though I would feel mighty guilty not buying a ticket (honestly, no sarcasm on that front)

I'm not big into bootlegging current concerts, but GNR has made it very hard for us Yanks since this tour seems to be called "The Fuck You America Tour!" Not everyone here has the resources to catch a redeye and keep our passports updated just to see the shows... I wish this tour would have started out like the Use Your Illusion Tour, where they did small gigs on a moments' notice at places like the Warfield Theatre in San Francisco; which was a very very low key event that I was fortunate enough to attend! That was Dizzy and Matt's first gig with GNR in America and I got everyone’s autograph on my oversized ticket stub! They did another one right after that in Los Angeles in the Pantages Theatre (which I also attended) Like these few current Asian concerts (4 dates) it seems like they are just warming up to tour all around the globe except the very place where fans like us made them famous as fuck. Still love them though and probably always will (Especially Axl and Dizwaldo)

Anyway, I'm just rambling now. I'm just happy to hear his voice again. No matter what anyone says about the man, he is a living rock god that uses his voice not as a regular singer does he uses his pipes as an instrument that nobody can duplicate. Everytime I see or hear his voice, the 80's and early 90's are flashed back into my head and it makes me feel better than any opiate could ever do.

Rock On!

-HDs

When does this thing start taiwan time, and by start i mean what the tickets say, not ehen we estimate that Axl will show up, very greatfull for an answer.

Two hours from now...

...theorically

Thank you :D

My pleasure.

However, don't forget that Danko Jones is playing first.

EDIT : isn't he ?

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Correct, but remember; Bach is not playing on this leg of the tour... So it probably will be quite soon. I'm just guessing on this one. I have no official confirmation on when they actually take stage. Openers usually try to warm the crowd up for 45 minutes or less (usually not an hour, unless there is a problem with Axl or GNR isn't ready to go on for some reason)

-HDs

My house is a virtual GNR museum. I'd be interested in purchasing some of the ticket stubs for this show and the S. Korea one (very rare and awesome gig) I already secured the backstage passes to this gig tonight and the Japanese ones. (I collect passes, autographs, clothing, RIAA awards, etc...) The artwork is off the wall this time. I consider it to be much better than their previous tour, especially with the gold foil passes from the last leg of the 2007 tour (Golden Flowers and men with rifles, etc...)

I collect the tickets and ticket stubs as well. I have the tickets all the way back from Hollywood Rose and 1985 GNR, all the way to the VIP pass at the Roxy for the official Chinese Democracy Listening Party in W. Hollywood with Dizzy & Lisa Reed.... That was like the only "official" promotion of CD until now, plus those sparse commercials and the listening party Bumblefoot attended on the east coast.

Anyway, an unused ticket collection from each concert on this tour leg plus itinerary would be awesome! I know Del James and he's Tour Manager on this one as well, and pretty strict on stuff like this.

Any more news guys?

-HDs

MORE REHEARSAL VIDEOS POSTED!!!

http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=2281

Knockin' On Heavins Door!!!

Very Cool!

-HDs

My house is a virtual GNR museum. I'd be interested in purchasing some of the ticket stubs for this show and the S. Korea one (very rare and awesome gig) I already secured the backstage passes to this gig tonight and the Japanese ones. (I collect passes, autographs, clothing, RIAA awards, etc...) The artwork is off the wall this time. I consider it to be much better than their previous tour, especially with the gold foil passes from the last leg of the 2007 tour (Golden Flowers and men with rifles, etc...)

I collect the tickets and ticket stubs as well. I have the tickets all the way back from Hollywood Rose and 1985 GNR, all the way to the VIP pass at the Roxy for the official Chinese Democracy Listening Party in W. Hollywood with Dizzy & Lisa Reed.... That was like the only "official" promotion of CD until now, plus those sparse commercials and the listening party Bumblefoot attended on the east coast.

Anyway, an unused ticket collection from each concert on this tour leg plus itinerary would be awesome! I know Del James and he's Tour Manager on this one as well, and pretty strict on stuff like this.

Any more news guys?

-HDs

MORE REHEARSAL VIDEOS POSTED!!!

http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=2281

Knockin' On Heavins Door!!!

Very Cool!

-HDs

What are you Marc Canter or something..?

Sorry, just saw a tweet that they were "updated"

On "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" Axl sounds great but he's just warming up his voice. I think he will go all out when showtime starts.

Did anyone happen to grab a copy of the new Rolling Stone December edition where they look back at this decade? They sure tear Axl a new ass on page 32 and make fun of Chinese Democracy by calling it "Chinese Democra...zzz" I thought RS gave it a raving review when it first came out last year?!

Boy, I think they will be surprised after this tour is over and may need to submit a retraction. I thought the piece was unfair.

-HDs