OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't even have internet access from Friday - Sunday evening (during or after the South Korea show), so I hope the audio has come through by then :P

Can't you go to an internet cafe or a friend's house? This is too important!

I won't even have internet access from Friday - Sunday evening (during or after the South Korea show), so I hope the audio has come through by then :P

Can't you go to an internet cafe or a friend's house? This is too important!

No can do. I'll try to 'borrow' the neighbour's wireless ;)

Guest ben9785

People say that "media and people in general don't care" about it.

Too bad for them, because I'm looking forward to it, and many others here are as well, so that's what matters.

Edited by ben9785

Yes, Christmas soon!

Friday, I'm not going to work, I will not be able to concentrate... Is already difficult in these days ... at work I can not access the Internet.

... everything is exciting

But the hours are going fast . . .

Striking as these things affect the emotional, sometimes I feel like a kid waiting to win a sweet

Cant wait for updates, this tour is going to kick ass!

Naw, it will probably be major suckage.

It wil probably be the same shit as 2006 except This I Shit will probably be in the setlist, woop-de-do.

Really? Every time I log on you are raining on everyone's parade. Do you just enjoy being a jerk? I'm looking forward to the concert. How many times can you post "bring back gnr" and have people say nice sig? Honestly Axl said he isn't reuniting except for maybe with Izzy depending on his schedule and possibly writing with Duff. Get over it. All of your original members still face drug issues. If you want a band that is still as crazy as in the 80's then go ahead. Unfortunately society doesn't accept those bands like they used to and GNR wouldn't last long. Not going to reunite! quit your whining and all of your bullshit.

cant wait for this shit!!! only 4 fucking days!!!!!!!!

i figure we use this thread as the 'official first 2009 show update thread'. so post all the updates/pictures/videos(?) in this thread and i will post EVERYTHING in the original post on the first page.... i wont be home till approx 3:00 pacific time on friday, but i'll try to do updates and stuff in the original post from school. no promises though.

but yea, i figure just use this thread for updates.

FOUR. DAYS.

Unfortunately society doesn't accept those bands like they used to and GNR wouldn't last long.

Yeah, no doubt. Society would much rather have a revolving door of middle aged men covering another band's songs for cash.

That's where it's at in 2009.

Edited by BB-X

I wish the forum gets up in the same excitement we had... was it 14 may 2006? That was a great day on this forum however.

Yes it was. But I think the forums went mad because we were either going to the shows or we knew people that were. This time around its going to start a little slower. Trust me these boards will be hoping this Friday!

cant wait for this shit!!! only 4 fucking days!!!!!!!!

i figure we use this thread as the 'official first 2009 show update thread'. so post all the updates/pictures/videos(?) in this thread and i will post EVERYTHING in the original post on the first page.... i wont be home till approx 3:00 pacific time on friday, but i'll try to do updates and stuff in the original post from school. no promises though.

but yea, i figure just use this thread for updates.

FOUR. DAYS.

Yes, it is a great idea for everyone to use this as a thread for updates.

However, I will be creating my own thread for juicy backstage rumors, offhand talk and prattle, pictures and youtube links as soon as they surface.

thank you.

god damn I'm excited!! most curious about Axl's voice (and hair, yeah.. you can say that's gay and whatever "go follow Fergie", just fuck off, seriously, looks matter when you're getting your friends into liking a band) and of course DJ's playing!

does anyone know at what time it'll be on in Europe?

Setlist predictions: from "Appetite For Destruction" I think we'll get Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City. We'll obviously get "Patience" from GNR Lies and, hopefully, Used To Love Her. From "Use Your Illusion" I'm hoping for Double Talking Jive, Don't Cry, Live N' Let Die, November Rain, Coma (I'm hoping), Civil War, Yesterdays, You Could Be Mine, Estranged and Knocking On Heaven's Door. From "Chinese Democracy" I predict Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge, Better, Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time, Catcher In The Rye, Scraped, Madagascar, IRS and This I Love.

I really wish Axl would drop KOHD. Fuck that song. He didn't even write the fucking thing. I'd rather hear new stuff from Chinese Democracy than that old piece of shit song. Fuck Live and Let Die too, while we're at it. Let that song finally die and R.I.P. puh-lease Axl and play 'Shacklers Revenge' or 'Scraped' instead dude. You don't need to do anymore cover tunes man. You have more than enough of your own kick-ass tunes to choose from that blow both of these greasy old piece of shit cover songs right into outer-fucking-space man. Thanks.

I really wish Axl would drop KOHD. Fuck that song. He didn't even write the fucking thing. I'd rather hear new stuff from Chinese Democracy than that old piece of shit song. Fuck Live and Let Die too, while we're at it. Let that song finally die and R.I.P. puh-lease Axl and play 'Shacklers Revenge' or 'Scraped' instead dude. You don't need to do anymore cover tunes man. You have more than enough of your own kick-ass tunes to choose from that blow both of these greasy old piece of shit cover songs right into outer-fucking-space man. Thanks.

+1

hope he drops those and put in some more CD songs or new stuff

Guest Sweet Tooth

+1

hope he drops those and put in some more CD songs or new stuff

+2

Aiee, I'm starting to get butterflies about this show... here we go guys!!

I couldn't agree with you more: Fuck Knockin' on heaven's door and fuck every bar tender and bitch in Paris that can't name or sing along to any other GNR song except KOHD. It's not even a GNR song! Fuck them and fuck that song. And yeah get rid of Live and let die while we're at it, I've never liked that song to begin with. Bring on all of Chinese Democracy baby!