OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

Is 18,000 near a sell out?

The Pan-Chiao Stadium has a capacity of 30 000.

Once again, New GNR fills just over half the stadium. Disappointing.

Once again, people start making negative comments about a NewGNR show before the show has even started.

It's an observation based on facts. I'm sure the show will be great. I just think the atmosphere would be better if they played smaller arenas which they could sell-out, but Axl's ego is still firmly in 1992

First of all, they have 1 week to go to sell more tickets.

Second of all, is it a fact that there is room for 30.000 people in the set up of the stage that night?

Third of all, you talk about 'I think the atmosphere would be better if' while you cannot possibly know how the atmosphere will be next week.

Fourth of all, I have had it with negative, complaining little fucks like you who refuse to have the decency to wait until things actually happen and give GNR related happenings a fair chance. It's the same sad story over and over again.........I get the feeling that a lot of GNR fans are depressed know-it-all egomaniacs: before Velvet Revolver launched ("nothing's possible without Axl"), before NewGNR launched ("nothing's possible without Slash"), before Slash' solo album launches ("This will be crap"), before Ashba even played one note ("it's a marketing strategy to attract younger audience, and the guy is not up to it").

For fucks sake people, it's not uncool to NOT complain once in a while and look forward to GNR related happenings, you little fuckers!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash, fergie and friends couldnt surpass 8K.

Neither could 'Axl Rose' solo. It's the GNR name that sells the tickets.

In any case, what's that got to do with anything?! Seriously, get over the Slash hate!

Frozen made the same point about Slash as you did about GN'R...

How about you get over the GN'R hate.

Incorrect. He made the same point about Slash as I made about Axl.

The point is: neither of them could sell out a show like this alone, but Axl has the advantage of a global brand name behind him...

Actually I was refering to your comment on GN'R selling 18,000 tickets as disappointing.

I got the candles and the oranges, apples, strawberries and plums. I am on my way! :D

Slow down there missy - we don't wanna arrive a few days early - you know, wilted roses, over-ripened fruit...and the whipped cream will go all runny!

Oops...whipped cream was supposed to be a surprise...I've said too much already!!!

:o

Ok, just let me know when it's time to go. I gots honey, chocolate syrup and popsicles, too. ;)

Panciao Studium, Taiwan:

Capacity: 30.000 Aprox. (Sports Events)

Capacity: 20.000 Aprox. (Concerts Events)

And 18,000 sold already with a week to go.

Oooooh shit ARC!!! :rofl-lol:

Do I hear "Owned!"? :P

Just messing, but a little positivity goes a long way. :D

http://www.china.org.cn/english/entertainment/231539.htm

"More than 24,000 fans poured into Taipei's Pan-Chiao Stadium for Jay Chou's concert on Saturday night. Despite the huge crowd, the pop king didn't earn a penny from it...."

So that's proof of at least 25K for concerts...

Thanks boys, keep trying to convince yourselves New GNR are gonna sell out this stadium. At the moment they ain't even close.

"More than 24,000 fans poured into Taipei's Pan-Chiao Stadium for Jay Chou's concert on Saturday night. Despite the huge crowd, the pop king didn't earn a penny from it...."

Thanks boys, keep trying to convince yourselves New GNR are gonna sell out this stadium. At the moment they ain't even close.

Oh no, 4 thousand more.

Its lookin like GNR will be bringing a monster of a stage/production with them, according to reports anyway, i'd say no more than 20k will be getting in.

Doesn't even matter, it's gonna be a sell out or very close.

Edited by axl_on_drums

75% (of 24,000) tickets sold one week before the concert is pretty good. We don't know what kind of stage setup they are going for, so it's impossible to know the exact capacity for this particular concert.

Seems like you're almost happy thinking it won't sell out. Way to be positive and supportive of the tour.

People with an agenda always find a negative spin on things... Isn't this a GN'R fan board?

Wauw, so you have the insider information that GNR will have the exact same stage set-up as this Jay Chou? You're BOSS!

Back on topic: C u boys n girls next week on the forum. I for one am looking forward to the show no matter how many people attend. I saw the last Velvet Revolver show ever, on 1st of April 2008. The arena was only HALF filled, but it was the best show EVER (saw then 3x), so good that the complete half arena was pushing against frontrow........AND THE ATMOSPHERE WAS FRICK FRACK FUCKING FANTASTIC!!!!!! rock3

fuck your dumb. did you not read about how HUGE gnr's stage is going to be?? theres no way theres gonna be 25,000 seats....

fuck off with your negativety, too. nobody wants that shit when the tour is so close. what the fuck is the point of being negative and tryin to bring everyone down when everybody here should be excited as fuck?

fuck your dumb. did you not read about how HUGE gnr's stage is going to be?? theres no way theres gonna be 25,000 seats....

fuck off with your negativety, too. nobody wants that shit when the tour is so close. what the fuck is the point of being negative and tryin to bring everyone down when everybody here should be excited as fuck?

Irony....although I agree about the negativity being unwelcome.

I got the candles and the oranges, apples, strawberries and plums. I am on my way! :D

Slow down there missy - we don't wanna arrive a few days early - you know, wilted roses, over-ripened fruit...and the whipped cream will go all runny!

Oops...whipped cream was supposed to be a surprise...I've said too much already!!!

:o

Ok, just let me know when it's time to go. I gots honey, chocolate syrup and popsicles, too. ;)

Haha. I'll PM ya when we're ready to rock n' roll!

Irony....although I agree about the negativity being unwelcome.

:P

There are always some people who can't accept they're wrong and must continue with a false argument because in their own mind it makes them come off as strong. False sense of pride, if you will.

Guns N' Roses are going to put on one hell of a show, and quite frankly if anyone on here doesn't care for it, then don't post in these topics about how 'It won't be the same because there's no Slash." or "The set-list, it's the same set-list with a few changes no one cares." Go to the Former Gunners or the "Velvet Revolver" board for that crap.

Stop living in the past.

There are always some people who can't accept they're wrong and must continue with a false argument because in their own mind it makes them come off as strong. False sense of pride, if you will.

Guns N' Roses are going to put on one hell of a show, and quite frankly if anyone on here doesn't care for it, then don't post in these topics about how 'It won't be the same because there's no Slash." or "The set-list, it's the same set-list with a few changes no one cares." Go to the Former Gunners or the "Velvet Revolver" board for that crap.

Stop living in the past.

You are absolutely 100% correct!

Stop living in the past.

5 *star post

Edited by Frozen Inferno

ARC are you about done? They are having good ticket sales and you just have to bitch about it? I just dont get why you are here if you hate the people that are in this band.

I don't 'hate' the people in the band. How many times do I have to say that I like this band and their music?

I'm a fan, hence my membership on this board. And as a fan (and not a ball-licker) I am naturally interested in a pertinent issue such as ticket sales, especially for the first comeback performance. I was under the impression (perhaps a wrong one) that the arena was 30K capacity and that with only a few days to go GNR had only sold 18K. I was disappointed, and I expressed this feeling with a post in this thread.

Sure, it wasn't a positive comment. But it wasn't gratuitous negativity, or 'shit stirring'. It was 'discussion'; isn't that what this board is for? Moreover, in my second post in this thread I made the comment 'I'm sure the show will be great'... yes indeed, I am Lucifer himself...

Does it make you a 'bad' fan to question ticket sales? Or question anything about this band? Apparently so... As it turns out the ticket sales look good. Great! I'm just as happy as you are. Am I a 'good' fan again now? :)

I think some people need to understand the difference between someone who is truly 'negative' and someone who is simply worrying about the ticket sales of the comeback show of his favourite band.

P.S. if you're going to insult me personally then at least get your spelling and grammar straight or I won't even respond.

ARC are you about done? They are having good ticket sales and you just have to bitch about it? I just dont get why you are here if you hate the people that are in this band.

I don't 'hate' the people in the band. How many times do I have to say that I like this band and their music?

I'm a fan, hence my membership on this board. And as a fan (and not a ball-licker) I am naturally interested in a pertinent issue such as ticket sales, especially for the first comeback performance. I was under the impression (perhaps a wrong one) that the arena was 30K capacity and that with only a few days to go GNR had only sold 18K. I was disappointed, and I expressed this feeling with a post in this thread.

Sure, it wasn't a positive comment. But it wasn't gratuitous negativity, or 'shit stirring'. It was 'discussion'; isn't that what this board is for? Moreover, in my second post in this thread I made the comment 'I'm sure the show will be great'... yes indeed, I am Lucifer himself...

Does it make you a 'bad' fan to question ticket sales? Or question anything about this band? Apparently so... As it turns out the ticket sales look good. Great! I'm just as happy as you are. Am I a 'good' fan again now? :)

I think some people need to understand the difference between someone who is truly 'negative' and someone who is simply worrying about the ticket sales of the comeback show of his favourite band.

P.S. if you're going to insult me personally then at least get your spelling and grammar straight or I won't even respond.

Laughable!!

In another thread here you don't even consider this a "band".

Concerning the "disappointing" comment, you weren't trying to start a discussion. It was pretty clear that you were trying to mock the ticket sales, don't even try to dodge the fact.

About your last statement about spelling and grammar.. It's just your last line of defense, you just don't have any reasonable response to it.