OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

Regarding the setlist I think that there will be more "Chinese Democracy" material and less "Appetite For Destruction" material than on previous new-GNR tours. I don't think that there will be any unreleased material played this time around, either (so no Silkworms). From "Chinese Democracy" I think we'll probably get Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge, Better, Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time, Catcher In The Rye, Madagascar, IRS and This I Love. I think I read somewhere that Axl said he wanted to play Estranged again, so hopefully there'll be more "Use Your Illusion" stuff played than last time around; I'd like Don't Cry, Estranged, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Yesterdays, Live N' Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Civil War and Coma.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I hope Axl base the setlist on all the old songs, like he did both in '02 and '06.

I hope not. And I don't think so, CD has been out for a year.

Yeah, it's very likely he wont, but who knows? I just say that I prefer to hear one old song live by Axl rather than the whole CD live.

ARC, in one topic you say new GNR isn't a band. In an other you say that you like that band. In one topic you say that scraped is a filler. In your cd review, you love this song. Please make up your mind and tell us what your real opinions are...

Or we could just not care what his opinion is.

1) I have to use the terminology 'band' for New GNR in general discussion so that people (such as 'Axl Rose aka God' here) can understand. Of course, it's not really a band in any meaningful sense of the word.

2) I explained my stance on Scraped in the Scraped thread.

3) You get my real opinions every time I post, which is more than can be said for most the 'Axl Rose aka God' ball lickers on this forum. Don't worry, you can just not care what my opinion is.

band

1  /bænd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [band] Show IPA

Use band in a Sentence

See web results for band

See images of band

–noun

1. a company of persons or, sometimes, animals or things, joined, acting, or functioning together; aggregation; party; troop: a band of protesters.

2. Music.

a. a group of instrumentalists playing music of a specialized type: rock band; calypso band; mariachi band.

b. a musical group, usually employing brass, percussion, and often woodwind instruments, that plays esp. for marching or open-air performances.

Sounds like a band to me.

It's going to be seriously weird if Axl really has got himself a short-back n' sides haircut. It's just a rumor, probably BS, but still..

I know it seems like a trivial thing, but it will seriously suck if Axl has short hair.

Maybe we'll get some pictures a few days early? He does after all have to go through LAX to leave the country.

That is exactly what I'm hoping for. I'm betting the chances are better when he lands, if he's not already there. The one thing that amazes me is how Axl can manage to live under the radar for years at a time. In a place like Malibu no less. I don't think it's because pap's have no interest in him either. If they see him, there is no way they won't take his pic. It must be magic or something, I just can't figure it out.

Maybe we'll get some pictures a few days early? He does after all have to go through LAX to leave the country.

That is exactly what I'm hoping for. I'm betting the chances are better when he lands, if he's not already there. The one thing that amazes me is how Axl can manage to live under the radar for years at a time. In a place like Malibu no less. I don't think it's because pap's have no interest in him either. If they see him, there is no way they won't take his pic. It must be magic or something, I just can't figure it out.

Apparently he doesn't leave his house very often.

Surely something like this could surface soon..: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SCGAnpC3uk

Surely something like this could surface soon..: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SCGAnpC3uk

Not if he doesn't leave the house, unless someone finds a way to get cameras inside.