Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

has it occurred to anyone that maybe they cant access the twitter? a change of password by the hacker perhaps?

And you don't think the people from Twitter could access the account THEMSELVES for AXL ROSE? C'mon. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they could but my guess is that Axl's not bothering with Twitter anymore at this point. Would YOU keep posting after your account had been hacked?

I would make sure fans would know for 100% certainty it was BS, maybe using some other channel, like my bandmates and their twitter, my official web page etc, or even come here as dexter and explain what has happened, would take like 2 minutes. but why that has not happened? because it was axl all along, there`s nothing to explain.....tour is over. period.

Whether it was Axl or not, it doesn't matter - TOUR IS ON, that's what's important.

Edited by axl8302

on his twitter and facebook pages Bumblefoot wrote:

"Leaving for the UK on Monday, for the GNR TOUR. NOT quitting GNR, don't listen to any cupcakes and dweebs pretending they have a clue."

Guest Apollo

on his twitter and facebook pages Bumblefoot wrote:

"Leaving for the UK on Monday, for the GNR TOUR. NOT quitting GNR, don't listen to any cupcakes and dweebs pretending they have a clue."

Ha! Great post/tweet. Maybe that will shut up some of the clowns on this forum that live on trying to create GnR drama. The cupcakes and dweebs on this forum who think they know what is going on internally with the band. The pathetic Axl-haters who do nothing but bash Axl on a daily basis.

has it occurred to anyone that maybe they cant access the twitter? a change of password by the hacker perhaps?

And you don't think the people from Twitter could access the account THEMSELVES for AXL ROSE? C'mon. :rolleyes:

+1

The people at Twitter could sort out the problem in seconds. Maybe no one bothered to contact them ;)

I'm sure they could but my guess is that Axl's not bothering with Twitter anymore at this point. Would YOU keep posting after your account had been hacked?

I would make sure fans would know for 100% certainty it was BS, maybe using some other channel, like my bandmates and their twitter, my official web page etc, or even come here as dexter and explain what has happened, would take like 2 minutes. but why that has not happened? because it was axl all along, there`s nothing to explain.....tour is over. period.

Management has spoken with promoters, Bumble has assured fans everything's ok, Eric was contacted by the GN'R camp... but still, some ppl are intent on thinking the worst. I just don't get it.

Not everyone going to a Guns show is a member of a Guns forum. Not everyone going to a Guns show knows who Bumble is. Most Guns fans would know about Twitter, as most people do. Seriously is it that hard to go in and delete the tweet? Your clutching at straws just to defend Axl and its quite funny. Why would you keep posting after your account had been hacked?? How about to let fans know the shows are still on, that sounds like a good enough reason i think.

Also, if its so difficult to get the message removed from Twitter, then why don't they put a message on the Guns N'Roses official site?

The Sun news paper wrote:

Tuesdays, August 17, 2010

facebookaxlpage1.gif

facebookaxlpage2.gif

Credit where credit is due. They used a current photograph :thumbsup:

The sun is the most unreliable, ill-informed piece of shitty journalism the UK has ever produced (well, that and the daily mirror..), this i hardly a suprise.

The bad thing is it's the most bought paper in England.........

As for all these conspracy theories, it's amazing to see how many sharks jump in the water at the hint of trouble. I admit i thought it was true initially, and thought the bumble rumours had something to do with it, but i think it's pretty clear there has NOT been any cancellations. As for people who believe axl had a 'hissy fit' and wrote this message, you seem to be forgeting that DJ posted a tweet not long after the message came out, that he and Axl were out and about, therego Axl couldn't have done it. (Though most the people here it seems either forget that fact or call Bullshit, but whatever).

If they wanted to cancel the tour, they'd have done it. It didn't stop them in 2002 where they canclled mid-tour, and considering that was the new bands first American threk, they had a lot more riding on it really. If that didn't stop them, i dont see why they would be stopped now. Let us not forget the postponed-then-cancelled 2001 European tour.

The reading/leeds organisers were doubtful at first it seems, there was an article i posted a link for a while ago where they said they were "looking into the situation", and then a while AFTER that, they then confirmed the shows were still on. Being this close to the festivals, and given the unpredictibility of GN'R, i doubt they'd have said that unless they were certain. i.e., GN'R confirmed it to them. I know GN'R havent helped themselves as such by saying themselves the shows are still on through twitter/facebook/myspace, and obviously the tweet for whatever reason is still up on Axl's twitter, but ultimately, they've messaged Eric, they never said the shows were off on any official GN'R page other than Axl's own twitter, Bubmlefoot himself confirmed everything is OK, reading/leeds organisers have confirmed they're still on. All the major news sites have made retractions and said the tour is on. Is that not enough?

As for people who question the claim it's a hacker since there are no messages to slash, more tweets .t.c., think about it: if you were a hacker, hacking into Axl's twiter, logic suggests you would only post one or two things, because the point is you WANT people to BELIeVE what you are typing, that's more or less the point. Regular tweets, obscure tweets e.t.c. would make it clear that the job is a hack, thereby destroying the whole point in the first place.

It seems unless Axl/Dexter personally messages every single member here, no one wants to see sense. Even then, theyd be doubtful. Frankly, the message Eric got should have been enough. We were all keen to believe him when he said GN'R had confirmed to him that the member 'Dexter' was indeed Axl, so what's different here?

Still, haters gonna hate, i guess.

I for one, shall be at both Reading and Leeds fests next week, enjoying all the excitment of GN'R live in 2010 :thumbsup:

The Sun news paper (like it or not) reported on the story by printing the facts. They have not made anything up. They know as much as we do.

There's still a sense there's more going on behind the scenes than we will ever know.

The message should have been erased by now, but it hasn't. Begs the question why?

They could always post a message on the official Guns N'Roses website ;)

BBF HAS JUST CONFIRMED THE TOUR IS ON on the radio show

It is very nice that both Bumble and Reading both confirmed that the tour is taking place....WHY THE FUCK DON`T THEY BLOODY TELL ON FACEBOOK which is according to them the "official" place for info for the fans!? They don`t even have to use Twitter, use bloody Facebook....How is it that apparently they are able to talk to Promoters and Webmasters and Bumble but they can`t fucking tell their fans who bought tickets, airplane travel and hotels on their prime communication channel?

This is not me bitching or thinking about how Axl owes me, this is just me worrying about my vacation and money!

BBF HAS JUST CONFIRMED THE TOUR IS ON on the radio show

It is very nice that both Bumble and Reading both confirmed that the tour is taking place....WHY THE FUCK DON`T THEY BLOODY TELL ON FACEBOOK which is according to them the "official" place for info for the fans!? They don`t even have to use Twitter, use bloody Facebook....How is it that apparently they are able to talk to Promoters and Webmasters and Bumble but they can`t fucking tell their fans who bought tickets, airplane travel and hotels on their prime communication channel?

This is not me bitching or thinking about how Axl owes me, this is just me worrying about my vacation and money!

but if they tell you to check Facebook for information, and they didn't say any concerts were cancelled on Facebook, then the concerts are on, no?

Great to hear! Ron the top man as always, we'd have no info here if it wasn't for him.

Maybe he's the messenger.

Anyway, glad it's cleared up. Can't wait to see if Axl says anything about all of this at the next concert.

Guest RonMexico82

How much consternation would have been avoided had someone bothered to post a similar update on the official Facebook and twitter pages.

How much consternation would have been avoided had someone bothered to post a similar update on the official Facebook and twitter pages.

Nope, there would still be people claiming they were lying, covering up a meltdown, and probably made up a dozen other dramatic theories.

Its been 4 days now, and Axl Rose says on Twitter:

All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates

are officially cancelled. Please

contact your place of purchase for

any refunds.

Management should sort it out,

..and not leave it to some hired hand to spread the word, that its a false alarm ;)

Edited by star

Nobody seems to get that the band's way is of a Trailer Trash mentality. They don't follow rules, never have, why start now? So the internet is providing more shit to throw at Axl Rose, that's novel :rolleyes:

Us downloading motherfuckers should know better than to believe everything that's mentioned on-line, hell, why not, the internet says so. Didn't Guns n' Roses once write, record and set in motion an album called "Abuse your Disillusion" but failed to deliver the masters and bury them on the Malibu beach instead? :crazy: No, well its on the internet so it must be true. Axl hasn't used his Twitter account in ages and I think he really can't be bothered with it, hacker or no hacker, it don't float his boat and the management have passed on the news to the promoters, that's all that matters :thumbsup:

Edited by wight gunner

..with Reading coming up, it'll give something for Axl to rant about. The bigger the crowd, the more he likes to spread the word (bigger rants n'all that).

I hope he does, would be fine to see/hear an Axl rant , hopefully nobody will be stupid like Download '06 so we get a pissed off Axl rant.